It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Elitist Atheists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
Since you want to nit-pick let me clear up what I mean.

This thread is focusing on how much I dislike the elitist mentality in atheists mainly because I don't see an elitist attitude as often in Christians though it certainly exists.

Is that better?

Partially, christian elitists are no less common than atheist elitists. And since atheists are no more likely to be elitists, I still disagree with focusing on the elitists amongst them, and not focusing on the equal amount of elitists amongst the people you side with.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

See that was my problem I didn't read the majority of the op because he made an opionate post and then didn't even use his own words. If you ignore them they will not go away, but why should they what is wrong with people being differnt.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

lol ignoring me makes me go away. Got it.

Sorry I'm not going anywhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
You guys have had two thousand years of demonstrating, what you are. The result is apparant, and no sweet-talking can disguise that.

If you want respect and trust, you have to RE-earn it. And adding another layer of cosmetic semantics won't do, it only adds to the image, which is killing christianity (somewhat unfair to the 'decent' christian).

PS We can rehash all the details on request.
edit on 1-8-2011 by bogomil because: spelling

Two thousand years of demonstrating was done by the people in power not by the church as a whole.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

lol ignoring me makes me go away. Got it.

Sorry I'm not going anywhere.

what?

I said ignoring the religous will not make them go away. So one I was not talking to you, you just jumped up and put yourself there. Second thats not what I said.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

See that was my problem I didn't read the majority of the op because he made an opionate post

I'm the OP. So I figured you were directing it at me.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
I accept it is a personal choice whether to accept Christ's offer of salvation or to roast for all eternity. That is, ultimately, your choice, as God gave us free will.

I believe that those who believe in God will spend the afterlife in a giant pool of boiling feces.

And those who don't believe in God, will spend an eternity in a dimension of infinite bliss.

You have a choice.

Sounds a bit ridiculous, huh?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint

You guys have had two thousand years of demonstrating, what you are. The result is apparant, and no sweet-talking can disguise that.

If you want respect and trust, you have to RE-earn it. And adding another layer of cosmetic semantics won't do, it only adds to the image, which is killing christianity (somewhat unfair to the 'decent' christian).

Two thousand years of demonstrating was done by the people in power not by the church as a whole.

And both here and elsewhere I direct a VERY sharp criticism at those contemporary individuals, who directly or indirectly try to carry on along the same lines.

The decent 'live and let live' co-existing adherer of any ideology is no problem. But I take it, that you already are familiar with the basic principles of modern democracy.

PS How responsible are 'passive' members? That's a question to consider.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint

And both here and elsewhere I direct a VERY sharp criticism at those contemporary individuals, who directly or indirectly try to carry on along the same lines.

The decent 'live and let live' co-existing adherer of any ideology is no problem. But I take it, that you already are familiar with the basic principles of modern democracy.

PS How responsible are 'passive' members? That's a question to consider.

Exactly, both sides have people working to take more power so it goes both ways its just up to each individual person to decide who they would rather have.

The passive members are passive and do not wish to fight either side. They are passive because they choose to be not because they always agree with what the nonpassive part of their group is doing. Both types of passive people defentily exist. Would you ask a passive person to fight? I wouldn't probably wouldn't be worth the effort.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join