It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs that 12/21/2012 is upon us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

I found this video where Ian Xel Lungold discusses the real Mayan calendar end date and consciousness

Google Video Link

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Researchers like Ian Xel Lungold and Dr. Carl Johan Callerman,

I find it very funny when you call these 2 charlatans researchers. They can't get much right and you call them researchers.

The Mayan end date is October 28, 2011 and not December 21, 2012.

Only 2 hoaxers are making that claim.

So you link to a dubious site that does NOT discuss how correlation functions are derived to connect different calendars. Look at the laughable claim that pyramids have 9 tiers. That's just one of hundreds of falsehoods put out by the charlatans Lungold and Calleman.

If people want to know what real archaeologists think about these two then read this:

Prophet of Nonsense

His main goal is to interpret the whole history of humans, life, the earth and Cosmos from the Long Count Calendar (mixed with some Aztec beliefs as well, never mind that the Aztecs did not use the Long Count calendar).

Calleman’s view of the Long Count calendar is, of course, not well attuned with established Mayanist views. To be honest, it is complete BS like the rest of the 2012 end date nonsense.

Find the flaws in the page you linked to by using the information from a real Mayan researcher.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hey no big deal but I was right about the increased EQ activity, there were 3 6.2+ EQ's today and yesterday due to the large Mclass flare and geomagnetic storm that followed. I'm telling you, solar flares and geomagnetic storms affect our tectonic plates in some way.
I believe when a solar flare hits the magnetosphere, the Earth absorbs some of the energy and then releases it via earthquakes and possibly volcanoes. Did you guys know that 13 out of the 16 super volcanoes are showing activity as of March 11, 2011?
My prediction is that this solar minimum is going to cause solar flares so bad they are going to cause these super volcanoes to go off, Yellowstone is 40,000 years overdue!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

I think this will go well here

Luke 21:25-36 · “There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on the earth distress among nations confused by the roaring of the sea and the waves. People will faint from fear and foreboding of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see ‘the Son of Man coming in a cloud’ with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to take place, stand up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

I like your post. SnF

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JaqueFresco

Hey no big deal but I was right about the increased EQ activity, there were 3 6.2+ EQ's today and yesterday due to the large Mclass flare and geomagnetic storm that followed. I'm telling you, solar flares and geomagnetic storms affect our tectonic plates in some way. /quote]
No.

Earthquake activity is not up. There may be clusters of events from time to time, but that is normal with random events.

I believe when a solar flare hits the magnetosphere, the Earth absorbs some of the energy and then releases it via earthquakes and possibly volcanoes.

Do you have any idea how little energy transfer there is? It is tiny compared to the energy of a quake.

Volcanic activity has been fairly constant for decades.

Earthquakes and volcanic activity is not changing. Yet the Sun changes in a well established cycle.

Did you guys know that 13 out of the 16 super volcanoes are showing activity as of March 11, 2011?

Got any proof of this?

My prediction is that this solar minimum is going to cause solar flares so bad they are going to cause these super volcanoes to go off, Yellowstone is 40,000 years overdue! /quote]
Why do you think a time of solar minimum is going to be a time of great solar activity? Isn't that backwards?

Also, Yellowstone is not overdue. The events are not like clockwork.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
"Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be low
to moderate with a slight chance for a major event for the next
three days (02-04 August). Region 1261 is the most likely source
for a major x-ray event and has a slight chance to produce an
energetic proton event."

"Event Probabilities 02 Aug-04 Aug
Class M 60/60/50
Class X 10/10/05
Proton 10/10/05
PCAF green"

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Where have I been? Under a rock maybe? Solar activity is really picking up
I think I would be safer if I just stayed under my rock at this point.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaqueFresco
reply to post by BattleStarGal

Funny you say this because there was a large M9.3 solar flare on Friday night. Also, we are having a geomagnetic storm as you made this thread. I am predicting increased seismic activity for the next week. Possibly a volcanic eruption. No star, no flag

Nothing special with M class flares and the Geomagnetic storm. We have had some X class flares fairly recently but they fizzled. The sun is still unusually quiet for where we should be in the cycle if anything activity could diminish and certainly nothing suggesting any kill shots in the offing.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

The source for the super volcano activity is hisz.rsoe.hu... it is listed below the list of EQ's.
There was another Mclass flare this morning at 6:00 am. The suns activity is picking up, being in a solar minimum for some reason causes more flares and geomagnetic storms, it is ass backwards.
Are you sure that solar flares don't effect tectonic plates? Because on March 11 of this year there was a X1.5 solar flare, that probably caused the Japan earthquake. www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You need to look at better sites. There are 3 postulated supervolcanoes in North America. They are in California, New Mexico and Wyoming, not in Idaho, Colorado, and Wyoming.

The biggest list I have seen includes 6 possible super volcanoes, not 16.

The suns activity is picking up, being in a solar minimum for some reason causes more flares and geomagnetic storms, it is ass backwards.

We are not in a solar minimum. We are headed into a solar maximum. Also, a solar maximum or minimum is an average activity, and does not preclude individual large events.

Are you sure that solar flares don't effect tectonic plates? Because on March 11 of this year there was a X1.5 solar flare, that probably caused the Japan earthquake.

Quakes have been blamed on everything from planetary alignments to solar flares to the Moon to Jupiter to comets to people sneezing.

Show me that quakes follow an 11 year cycle like the Sun. People have looked and it does not exist. About the only people making this claim are people pushing the failed electric universe theory.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So you are saying that because the site I refer to is not good, that the Island Park Caldera and La Garita Caldera do not exist? The California and New Mexico super volcanoes are on that list too btw. They are just considered smaller, hence they are outlined in yellow, not red.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The Island Park Caldera is not considered a super volcano at this time. Neither is the La Garita Caldera considered a super volcano at this time.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I can't help feeling sorry for the many people who are living in fear because they genuinely believe the world as we know it, will come to an end on December 21st, 2012. I've no doubt this fear will keep growing in the minds of many of these unfortunates until it reaches a point where suicide is a much better option than having to witness the terrifying end to all life around them. It's bad enough when for whatever reason, suicide is an option that many folk choose when life just doesn't seem worth living anymore, but then some will no doubt think they'll be doing the right thing by taking their families out as well. As the date draws nearer, I believe the numbers of sucides worldwide will greatly increase, as will the numbers of "murder/suicides", involving families. Just how many cults there are that believe aliens will save their souls if they off themselves, I have no idea, but I do remember there was one whose members believed there was a spaceship travelling behind a comet, and that it was there to pick them up after they killed themselves.
Now I'm wondering if the numbers of suicides and murder/suicides will show a noticeable decrease in the world's population, and if so, is December 21st, 2012 a part of the N.W.O. master plan for population control?
Too much time on my hands, maybe? I sincerely hope so!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You asked me to provide proof of what I'm saying, may I ask where is yours? Could you cite some references please.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
No, we are not in a solar minimum, it is a Maunder Minimum they are still arguing about it, and will argue clear up until the ice age is in full effect:

thegwpf.org...
www.realclimate.org...
www.sott.net...

Sunspot activity on the decrease:
wattsupwiththat.com...

I even heard my fav sun guy on youtube complaining that NASA can't count because the sunspot number was so low.
edit on 2-8-2011 by KSprepared because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Oh noes, pack up the kiddies and head for the Ozarks (yeah right, if Yellowstone were to blow the midwest would be hit harder than people are perceiving.)

Here's more food for the 2012/Nibiru/Comet Elenin apocolypse that I am certain conspiracy theorists will use:

www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

No, wait, those links are from a reputable site. Sorry couldn't find a youtube or glp reference. These, then, must be disinformation tactics.

-saige-

edit on 2-8-2011 by saige45 because: Corrected post.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

La Garita Caldera
Island Park Caldera

These locations are not super volcanoes now, nor will they be. In the case of the La Garita caldera the source of the volcanism has moved.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The problem is that many think everything will happen on their timeline... as in during their life, it is a self center thing, but things happen over very long periods of time and not just years or centuries etc. Unless it is something like a comet we just would not see changes that in 2011 life is great and 2012 we enter some ice age or heat age. I agree things are changing, as always, but we will see little change in our life time, sorry to say.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Deleted by me
edit on 4-8-2011 by KSprepared because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Show me that quakes follow an 11 year cycle like the Sun. People have looked and it does not exist. About the only people making this claim are people pushing the failed electric universe theory.

It would seem that some other scientists do believe that the sun is affecting seismology on earth.

Enough to build a new satellite to monitor it, spending millions to get it up by 2015.

Maybe these are just a bunch of crackpot scientists also.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

What is weird about that newscast is that only the reporters make the connection between the Sun and natural disasters. They do not connect the work to either of the scientists named.

Here is a paper that was written by the first named scientist.
ABOUT POSSIBLE INFLUENCE OF SOLAR ACTIVITY UPON
SEISMIC AND VOLCANIC ACTIVITIES:
LONG-TERM FORECAST

This was posted on Khalilov's own site.

The issue is not whether someone has "seen" some data reflecting an 11 year cycle in seismic data. The general consensus is no. A good example of people "seeing" cycles was the reason for proposing Nemesis. There was supposed to be a 26 million year cycle in extinction events. That did not materialize.

Here is another statement on the issue.
Whether solar flares can trigger earthquakes?
This was from a talk in which the authors state there is no evidence that the two are connected.

Here is another paper
Universality in solar flare and earthquake occurrence
This paper suggests that studies of one area benefit studies of the other area. It does NOT suggest that the two are related. People have pointed to this article and made the claim that the 2 events are related, but the article does not state that.

So what we have are people looking at the issue, but not finding the connection. But don't be discouraged people are looking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join