It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs that 12/21/2012 is upon us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

I meant 12/21 ...I plead temporary insanity!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Lol, it is all right
. I like to catch other people words

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Signs that 12/21/2012 is upon us?

The sign is only that there is less and less days until this very uneventful day comes and goes. 2013 will be a great year to read about why 2012 never happened.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I made a correction to my post....it's been a long day
I shouldn't have tried to be sarcastic anyway!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I wanted LOTR trilogy for Christmas but I never got it
Hopefully I will this year

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

They actually moved the release day back from 12/21 to 12/14 on the Hobbit.

My personal theory is that it will be a self fulfilling man made destructive event....there will be so much chaos from people that believe the end is coming that someone will try to make it happen

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JaqueFresco

Agreed to that!! LMAO

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticorex5
you want signs that 12/21/2012 is upon us? okay...............

if you grab a calendar (it has to be from the year 2012, if it's from 2011 this is not going to work) you will see that after october comes november and then december and it will look like this:

Priceless

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thanks for the links Swills.

I haven't heard about the radioactive decay of some elements being affected by the Sun.

It is fascinating yet frightening at the same time.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Lol, you should check out the Nasa app, 3D sun. There's a sunspot about to be facing right at Earth and NASA says it has a chance for X-class flares.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I am pretty sure we will all be vaporised at some point before xmas 2011

I have no proof or links.

I am really just going on what the other 2 million threads say.

I am glad you think nothing will happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

If that is how we go then, Im game. I would rather feel no pain when I go than to know what is happening and feel it too.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There are no signs that anything other than profiteering by fearmongers is still happening.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

No problem man. I love spreading that info around because it is that badass, and it's timing is impeccable

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Having been asked about my personal opinions or beliefs with regards to 2012. I always end the conversation with, "As a matter of fact, I'll buy you a beer on December, 22nd".

No but seriously, people have been yelling and screaming about the end since the beginning. And usually this is based on a fear of some type:

1. Fear of the unknown.
2. Fear of death.
3. Fear of living.

A previous post had mentioned how because of advances in science and technology, we are gaining more information with regards to natural disastors. By the same token, with advances in the information age, the dissemination of knowledge and opinions, increases and reaches a broader audience.

I read alot of these theories and "quack"-based claims, and the one thing that keeps me sane is this quote:

"Given enough time, a hypothetical chimpanzee typing at random would, as part of its output, almost surely produce one of Shakespeare's plays (or any other text)." -- Borel

-saige-

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

Don't forget about the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, USA Elections.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The mystery that has yet to be explained though is why, after we were told we were going into a solar maximum yet went into a solar minimum instead, is the entire universe heating up? We have Pluto warming and changing colors, we have Saturn with huge storm, Jupiter losing a ring, moon with active volcano, earth's polar caps melting, the attenuation of ice caps on Mars. Even Triton, Neptune's moon is experiencing global warming. Something is heating everything up, but it sure isn't the sun.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSprepared
We have Pluto warming and changing colors
Pluto just came the closest to the sun within it's orbit, and the warm-up really isn't significant.

we have Saturn with huge storm
It's the first time we have ever captured or witnessed a storm on Saturn, this does not mean that they do not occur or have never occured.

Jupiter losing a ring
I never knew that Jupiter had rings.

moon with active volcano
What moon? The earth's moon? If so that's news to me. Where is your proof?

earth's polar caps melting
Attributed to years of carbon-dioxide build up caused by our burning of fossil fuels.

the attenuation of ice caps on Mars
Proof please?

Even Triton
Again, proof please?

Neptune's moon is experiencing global warming
Proof please? (I'm starting to feel like a broken record)

-saige-

edit on 1-8-2011 by saige45 because: Correction on post

edit on 1-8-2011 by saige45 because: Correction on post

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I never ceases to amaze me that too many members and readers just aren't up to speed on matters that may or may not matter when it comes to 12-21-12. I mention this because If I started a thread stating that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone shooter that killed JFK, many would say, where have you been?, under a rock?

Well, this 12-21-12 date is no different.

Researchers like Ian Xel Lungold and Dr. Carl Johan Callerman, have determined that the true Mayan end date is not Dec.21st, 2012, but Oct.28, 2011. That's a difference of 13 months and three weeks earlier than the more modern or commonly accepted date.

Since it is common knowledge among those that are concerned with 12-21-12, I offer this information only to show that many still refer to this date of December 21, 2012 as if it still holds some significance.

The Mayan end date is October 28, 2011 and not December 21, 2012.

Keeping this key date change of information in mind will help to determine more accurately what if anything one will do when and if the Mayan end date accurately predicts a change that will transform humanity.

We will not have to wait until December 21, 2012 to find out what is going to happen. We only have a few months and day left to find out what the Mayan end date means to those like us that often wonder what will happen if anything on that Mayan end date.

Keep October 28, 2012 in mind and remember that this is the revised date that many of the scientific community adhere to and so in that vein of concern, I feel it is best to use what the experts use so as to derive the most benefit from the knowledge they are promoting.

Here is a link that helps explain the date changes and how they came about. This link will explain exactly how the calendar mistake was made. It will I feel help you understand that those that still refer to December 21, 2012 as if there has been no change to October 28, 2011 need to start using the dates have been shown to be more accurate than any December 21, 2012 date that has been promoted for so long, that many just don't want to change to the true date.

www.librarising.com...

Think about it but if you begin using October 28, 2011 as the revised Mayan end date, it just might help you make better decisions. If not, then you will continue to appear as if you don't care or don't know or don't agree with the finding.

Just thought you and others should know so that you can better consider your planning efforts that lead all of us to October 28, 2011, the revised Mayan end date and not December 21, 2012.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

What mystery are you making up now?

The sun is going into a solar maximum. On average it does it every 11 years. Just because this solar maximum is less than normal does mean we are going into a solar minimum.

All you tell us in the post is that the planets are changing. Why do you claim the solar system is heating up?

Then you make a huge leap of the imagination by claiming the changes are NOT related to the sun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join