It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs that 12/21/2012 is upon us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I was first educated about the "2012" theory 5 years ago by a co-worker who was terrified about the end of the world. At first I was skeptical about the general theory, and the numerous versions of the “end “or “rebirth” of the world.

After much research, I decided that if 2012 was real, the most realistic theory involved a massive solar flare which would wipe out the world's electrical grid and force mankind to take a step back in civilization.

I thought that if the solar flare theory was to be true, then as we approached 2012, there would be clear signs of our impending doom. For example, the Sun would be shooting CMEs at us at an alarming rate, and by 2011 the sun would have already brought down a few power grids.

As we sit on the eve of August 2011, I have yet to see any indication that 2012 via solar storms is real.

At this point I don't believe that 12/21/2012 will occur.

I am writing this post because I am wondering if any fellow ATSers out there have stumbled upon any evidence supporting 2012? I don't want the world to end, but I do want to be prepared in case a horrible event should happen. As I keep losing belief in 2012, my motivation to prepare so that I may protect myself and my family is slipping.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
you want signs that 12/21/2012 is upon us? okay...............

if you grab a calendar (it has to be from the year 2012, if it's from 2011 this is not going to work) you will see that after october comes november and then december and it will look like this:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

Funny you say this because there was a large M9.3 solar flare on Friday night. Also, we are having a geomagnetic storm as you made this thread. I am predicting increased seismic activity for the next week. Possibly a volcanic eruption. No star, no flag

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Star to the person below you though. Very funny.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think numerous things will happen. I certainly don't think we're all going to die and the world will end, but I think that there will be an evolutionary leap in which people will be forced to change. THAT will be the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There are lot of possible threats which could cause damage in 2012 as you said. But my friend they are not probable.If you leave your fear behind and observe you will know the truth. Earthquakes, Floods, solar flares, and so on might occur. But they probably are not going to cause severe damage.

The difference between possibility and probability is the difference between dream and reality.

Be happy and you will surely post me here in 2013.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

Off the top of my head, this is what I got

Stanford Report, August 23, 2010: The strange case of solar flares and radioactive elements

PROOF!!! Spontaneous Evolution is Happening NOW!

Surprising Scientific Discovery

edit on 31-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The signs will be numerous adverts and music in shops, to remind you to spend all your years savings on buying crappy gifts.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
all that will happen in 2012 will be the olympics in london.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Edited because I said something stupid

edit on 7/31/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Watch the movie called "THE ROAD".As bad as things are within this movie,if it really happened....It would be sooo much worse.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
12/21/2012 WILL happen....it does every year!

Sorry, but how can year 2012 repeat every year? I dont get it

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
all that will happen in 2012 will be the olympics in london.

No love for The Avengers? The Dark Knight Rises? The Man of Steel? Three movies I'm definitely looking forward to in 2012.

I'm in the camp that solely believes that we are totally unable to predict things like the magnitude of earthquake that devastated parts of Japan this March or the tsunami of 2004 in Indonesia even a day before it happens so why believe in something or claim nothing will happen when we still have less than a year and a half to go before we can know for sure?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
2012 is not the end of the world... that is a western fantasy.

2012 is about CHANGE.

The Mayans believed that time was divided up into small cycles of time that made up larger cycles.

2012 marks the ending of several of those cycles all at once and is meant to signify a great change.

We are in Katun 4 Ahau (1993-2012), which is supposed to be a katun of remembering and recording knowledge, and if you haven't noticed, the technological revolution has occurred during this time. We went from storing things on floppy disks to putting terabytes of data on keychains. According to the Mayans, this cycle of time repeats and will happen again at a later date, likely with different circumstances in place.

Katun 2 Ahau BEGINS on 12/21/2012. It is the katun for "bringing the end of the 'word of God' and is a time of uniting for a cause."

This is hardly doom and gloom. The Mayans believe that a great time of transformation is upon us, and like giving birth, we will go through several rounds of pain before transitioning to something beautiful and indescribable.

Come to your own conclusions, but 2012 has nothing to do with the end of the world... it is the end of the world as it exists today and hopefully on to something better.

~Namaste

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Dude, you forgot The Hobbit

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I love The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Sweet!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Indeed dude, mass awakening is happening. Have you seen the outbreak of New Agers lately (well, I am one of them actually
)? We do not believe in end of the world (but that does not mean it may not come, or at least in not in a way western world presents it), but actual transformation of consciousness, realization of truth. We are looking for truth within us, that is where it is stored and always was stored, people were just blind. Now people are slowly realizing that it was there all along.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The majority of these apocalypse related threads I've read appear to be more wishful thinking then logic/ proven facts. My theory is the reason there are more earthquakes and volcano eruptions now then there was 10 years ago is because our technology has improved enough to detect them. Same with solar flares. Heck, 20 years ago did anyone actually know what a solar flare was. I'll bet all these things; flares, earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, etc... have been happening for millions of years and yet the Earth is still here. But this is just my theory and I have no solid proof of any of it. Some person could have spouted the words "And the ground will shake" then POOF, the earthquake was invented. (That was in no way a shot at religion).

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Me too, I keep watching this video religiously each day at least twice a day
. I am obsessed with LOTR universe

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join