It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pope John Paul Nearing End of Life - Vatican Sources

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Vatican sources have revealed today that the elderly Pope John Paul II may be in his final hours of life. The rapid deterioration of the popes health has come just days after his visit to the Lourdes shrine

The 84 year old suffering from Parkinsons may succumb to the illness at any moment and it is rumoured that preparations for his funeral are already being made.

Danneels told Belgian VRT radio the Pope's comments about the end of his pilgrimage "may point to something deeper."

AOLNews
Y! News

If the news does come... we'll have it here.

[edit on 8-16-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-16-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-18-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I could not help noticing the lack of bodily control that was exhibited during his appearance at the cave in Lourdes. He was drooling and either incapable of controlling it, or unaware it was happening.

I hope that when people remeber him it will not be this way. I will remember him as a vibrant young strong pope. A man who wanted to be with the people, and to touch the common man.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yeah I saw him in Lourdes too and he's nothing but a shadow of his former self.

I did hear that a pilgrimage to Lourdes was the last thing he really wanted to do, maybe he held out all this time to go and now his time is up.

I'm just waiting for my TV screen to go black and the news to come on.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
anyone have an idea who is the next candidate for the papacy? usually don't the cardinals ave a good idea of who will be next?

hopefully the next pope will be more of a reformist... allowing female priests, married priests, and a whole crapload of monetay reform!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I can't believe he is still alive at all. He should not be wheeled out for show any longer. Just let the poor old man rest.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is sad news

He did alot of good things

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i'm not a Catholic ...But this Pope has done some amazing things ...I hope he goes peacefully.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Maby Lourds will cure him!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Reports of this type have been made before and he has rallied back, may be he will this time too! He is a very special man!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
Reports of this type have been made before and he has rallied back, may be he will this time too! He is a very special man!

He is, a very,very special man.
This might be his last days thou, he's health has been going down hill alot lately

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't want to sound harsh, BUT...
There really isn't a cure for what ails him. The best most comapssionate thing I think we can hope for, for him is that his suffering will be over soon.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
news like that are so common that nobody belives that one of them someday will be sad true :/

He was one of the greatest people of XX century...even that I'm not catholic (but I'm from Poland)
))I think that it's the end of some era - I don't belive that there will be anybody who can be real successor after this man :/

[edit on 16-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This pope played a huge role in fall of communism. He has done a great deal in preventing the all-out war between eastern and western block.
Also he made great effort in ending the war in Bosnia, not to mention countless reforms, then the work in bringing world religions closer, and many other things.
He is indeed one of the greatest people of modern era.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is a sad time. I have great respect for him, even though I am pagan.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sorry to hear the Pope is nearing the end. I hope all will pray for those closest to him in their time of grief.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Uh Oh!!!

But anyway, the Pope has suffered way too much. A good man like him shouldn't have been in such a frail state of health for so many years...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Its a truly sad occasion. He has done alot of great things for the world, and just wanted some peace. But they have been saying he's been getting worse for years now, I believe he'll manage to hold on for a few more months.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am not Catholic either - however, might the name "Martini",or an olive branch hold any meaning to those who are ?

Xon

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yea he was a good person. It is sad I aint a Catholic but I will but I hope his lord will help him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join