It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pope John Paul Nearing End of Life - Vatican Sources

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm just worried that they won't announce the pope's death. They'll just appoint a new pope and keep going on like normal.... like one day its JP2 as pope and then when the news is talking about the pope they show him on TV and everyone is like... But when did JP2 become a black guy?!?!
And the news would have nothing to say....

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
As a famous person once said, we need this guy like we need an arse-hole on our elbow.....

Total disrespect for basic humanity, they guy is/was a self serving fanatic.

Not that I wish him dead or anything, but lets just hope the next choice is a little more, erm, considered.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by HeyThatsMyBike]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeyThatsMyBike
As a famous person once said, we need this guy like we need an arse-hole on our elbow.....

Total disrespect for basic humanity, they guy is/was a self serving fanatic.

Not that I wish him dead or anything, but lets just hope the next choice is a little more, erm, considered.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by HeyThatsMyBike]

I see the desire to seperate church and state, maybe there should be a movement to seperate politics from religion.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Intrepid,

I couldn't agree with you more!

HTMB

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Their is always a nun who will take care
of the popes needs (keep your minds out of the gutter!).

Oh, you're not getting away with that one so easy, hehe....

"Wanna kiss the ring of the Pope?....It's not THAT kind of ring, hehe...."

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Anyone hearing any updates on the pope's condition? I'm going to be surprised if he sees another Sunday.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
it is just a tought, but there was a news on the 16-8-2004
thread::-->
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This news would have make the Pope more sick for sure!(if he knew it, wich i don't know)

You know when a butterfly flaps the wings in Australia could make a hurricane in florida. (The importance of the "1/oo" )

Crustas

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
I'm just worried that they won't announce the pope's death. They'll just appoint a new pope and keep going on like normal.... like one day its JP2 as pope and then when the news is talking about the pope they show him on TV and everyone is like... But when did JP2 become a black guy?!?!

That reminds me of when there was a show on TV about Michael Jackson, showing him with the Jackson 5. KayEm's son looked astounded and said 'I never knew Michael Jackson used to be black !" - he meant it too.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

"Wanna kiss the ring of the Pope?....It's not THAT kind of ring, hehe...."

Thats why I left the Catholic church - I refuse to kiss anyone's ring

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This looks ominous,

Bulletin of the Holy See Press Office under embargo

www.vatican.va...

I'm a Bhuddist (a slack one), but whatever ones opinion of the Pope I give
him 10/10 for his stamina while being ravaged by an insidious disease.

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
For goodness sake, this is a news report. I come back to get updates and it has deteriorated into Pope trashing and rude jokes.

Start your own threads if you want to trash a significant world figure who some of us love and respect.

GEEZ!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
From the Dallas Ft. Worth Star Telegram.
I'll copy the whole article as the site requires registration.

VATICAN CITY - Two days after a grueling papal pilgrimage which left some wondering if Pope John Paul II could still travel, the Vatican on Tuesday announced details of the ailing pontiff's next trip.

The Vatican said John Paul would fly on Sept. 5 from his summer residence in Castel Gandolfo, near Rome, to Loreto, an Italian town near the Adriatic which is home to a shrine to the Virgin Mary. There the 84-year-old pope will celebrate a stamina-testing two-hour outdoor Mass.

During his pilgrimage to Lourdes, France, John Paul, who has Parkinson's disease, alarmed observers when he started slipping off a kneeler and had to be quickly helped into a chair. At other appearances during the trip he gasped for breath and asked aides for help.

On Monday, Belgian Cardinal Godfried Danneels was quoted in Belgian media as saying the pontiff was "seriously weakened."

The pope has said on several occasions that he plans to forge ahead in his mission as long as God allows him.

The Vatican said the pope will give a homily and then recite prayers after the Mass. John Paul increasingly has had difficulty in speaking and sometimes has aides deliver most of his remarks. When he struggled, exhausted, to read his speech before hundreds of thousands of faithful in Lourdes, the crowd repeatedly broke out in applause to acknowledge his dogged efforts.

Vatican officials have raised the possibility the pope might make a pilgrimage to Istanbul, Turkey, taking up the invitation of a Christian Orthodox leader, in the coming months.

Appears as if the pope, or his handlers, are putting him back on the road. Are they trying to work the poor guy to death?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The poor, poor, man. I think he believes (whether correct or not...me, being a Catholic, thinking it's correct...but you are free to disagree) that his mission is one from God and he must use his suffering to help the world. I can't imagine him stopping his efforts to deliver his homilies of peace and reconciliation. I just pray for a painless and swift death for this good man.
joey

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I saw a news report on Reuters that said the Pope looks much stronger.He has rallied in the past and might be doing it again.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
According to the Bayside Prophecies, the third secret has not been disclosed.

Bayside was condemned by the Church. It also has elements of
the demonic mixed with aliens and other things. It is not credible.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Wow...

I'm honestly surprised to see some of this crude stuff.

Go to Poland and say the same things to someone who lived under communist rule and see what reaction you get....

BTW, if the Pope should die, is the first ATSer who hears this news supposed to start a new thread of post the news here?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
About John Paul I... I have to wonder if the Opus Dei wasn't involved in his death.

About John Paul II... I think it's harsh to say the man has taken the Church backwards instead of forward. He has created a multicultural clergy where one dominated by Italians existed under Paul VI. He has contributed in no small way to the fall of a very repressive group of regimes in Eastern Europe. And finally, he's been instrumental in a rapprochement with the Jews and the Orthodox Christians. He may indeed be backwards on contraception and women priests, but the man has built onto Vatican II the best he knew how, and he's gone as far as he personally could. Leave it to the next pope to take the Church elsewhere.

I hope that the man gets to rest soon. It's obvious he's suffering. And on a human level, that's what we should pay attention to.

And btw... I'm not a practicing or believing Christian

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Start your own threads if you want to trash a significant world figure who some of us love and respect.

Sometimes there is just too much sadness in the world and we need some humour. And I for one never 'trashed' the Pope. I was brought up Catholic and although I no longer practice the faith, I still have great reverence for the Pope. I do believe that he hasn't gone far enough though (His predecessor is believed to have planned to allow contraception and devote the Church to the aid of the poor before his 'untimely' death). That said, I respect the Pope greatly.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Bayside was condemned by the Church. It also has elements of
the demonic mixed with aliens and other things. It is not credible.

I never said that I agreed with Bayside. In fact I have pointed in earlier posts that the prophecies are considered to contradict known Catholic scripture. However, we need all information out so that everyone has a chance to evaluate it personally - Bayside included.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

According to the Bayside Prophecies, the third secret has not been disclosed.

The prophecies explain that the true third secret is that Satan has entered the Vatican.

BTW Pisky, my comments you quoted were not actually directed at you. As for your reasons for posting the Bayside info, I see your point.

My question is, didn't the Bayside prophesies end quite some time ago? Prior to the third secret of Fatima being revealed? (Meaning this particular prophesy was made long before the Vatican revealed the 3rd Secret of Fatima) Is this woman still around?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join