It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pope John Paul Nearing End of Life - Vatican Sources

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I thought JP1 was only pope for a month.

33 days ... The mysterious death of Pope John Paul I

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
anyone have an idea who is the next candidate for the papacy? usually don't the cardinals ave a good idea of who will be next?

hopefully the next pope will be more of a reformist... allowing female priests, married priests, and a whole crapload of monetay reform!

There is no 'for sure' for the next pope. I have high hopes for Cardinal Arinze. He is the black Cardinal from Africa who is THE Cardinal in charge of inter-religious dialog with other faiths. We have met him. He's WONDERFUL.

Female priests. Can't happen. Don't let anyone tell you differently. 'Men Only' is a rule that no pope has the power to change. It's set in stone. However, the celebat priesthood is a discipline that CAN be changed as the pope deems necessary for the church.

'They' have been saying the pope is near the end for a decade now. He keeps on going and going like an energizer bunny.

IF he is at the end of his life ... I find it interesting that he will be called home to God at this time. Aug 15th was the feast of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven, and then Aug 22nd is the feast of Mary Queen of Heaven and Earth. That feast celebrates the LAST MYSTERY of the Rosary ... and this pope is very close to Mary and a devote of the rosary. It would fit.

But more than likely ... he'll still be around for another few years.

[edit on 8/16/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theosdaughter
I am not Catholic either - however, might the name
"Martini",or an olive branch hold any meaning to those
who are ?

Yes, Cardinal Martini ... former Cardinal of Milan Italy.
VERY liberal. Thought by some to be in cahoots with
evil forces. Conservative Catholics (me for one) are
glad that he's retired and supposedly can't be pope.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There's no such thing as a "mysterious" death with a pope because under papal law no autopsy can be performed.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by intrepid
I thought JP1 was only pope for a month.

33 days ... The mysterious death of Pope John Paul I

John Paul I ... When he was elected, all the Cardinals thought they'd get
an easy going pope. One that wouldn't rock the boat. First thing he did
was call for an investigation into the Vatican Banking system and an
investigation into the books. He 'died' (was murdered) within a month.
He was probably poisoned. One evening he went to bed. The next
morning he was found in bed but his shoes were missing. It is sometimes
speculated that he was poisoned and threw up over the side of the bed
onto his shoes. The shoes were removed because they contained the
poison that he threw up. His shoes were never found. (yes, the were
always on the side of the bed). Their is always a nun who will take care
of the popes needs (keep your minds out of the gutter!). She brings him
food, runs messages, etc. She was off that evening and so he had no
one to tend him.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
There's no such thing as a "mysterious" death with a pope because under papal law no autopsy can be performed.

Autopsy or not, this certainly looks 'mysterious' to me ...

This spiritual leader of all the Roman Catholics, Albino Luciani, was actually embarking on a revolution. He wanted to set the Church in a new direction which was considered highly undesirable and dangerous by many high ranking Church officials ...

Motives for the Pope's murder were in these series of dismissals and new appointments he was about to make. The Pope also wanted the Church's wealth shared with the poor. He was also on the verge of reversing the Church's position on artificial birth control, as well as cleaning up the messy Vatican Bank scandal. He was about to approve the birth-control pill. In his "Humanae Vitae," he urged pastoral clergy acceptance of contraception and also acknowledged those children born by in-vitro fertilization. A remarkable and radical change from current Church policy, indeed ...

Poison was the most efficient way to have his death appear natural. It would leave no tell-tale external signs. Digitalis was the most probable. It would mask the conspiracy. This plan would have had to involve intimate knowledge of Vatican procedures. There would also be no autopsy. Other incriminating and outward signs of foul play would be removed.

The Details:

Cardinal Villot's account was that it was a tragic accident. He alleged that the Pope overdosed on his own medication. This explanation was most improbable and defamatory. It almost insinuated that the Pope, so overwhelmed with this burden of his office, committed suicide! Everything was done to cover up this crime. However, no one would believe in an accidental death. And Cardinal Villot happened to be a Grand Master of the Masonic secret. He concocted a story for Sister Vincenzia who discovered the body. Then he made her take a vow of silence afterwards. She said she found the body in the bathroom, not his bed.

The bottle of Effortil disappeared along with the Pope's glasses and slippers, probably because there were traces of vomiting on them. This was a symptom of digitalis poisoning. Also, the Pope's Will had disappeared. The embalmers were called immediately after Cardinal Villot confirmed the Holy Father's death at 5:30 am. The Cardinal then made Sister Vincenzia take the vow of silence. Dr. Buzzonati (not Prof. Fontana of the Vatican medical service, she should have been called in), confirmed the death and attributed it to acute myocardial infarction. The death occuring at 11 pm last evening (Sept. 28th). This report was made around 6:00 am. A whole hour had passed. Eventually Villot informed the other cardinals from around 6:30 am onward. No sacrament of extreme unction was given! The hypothesis of a sudden death seemed untenable to the personal doctor of the Pope's faithful secretary Don Lorenzi.

In death, the Pope's features were twisted and contorted in agony. The Signoracci brothers, the embalmers, attempted to remodel the face so his death agony would be changed to show a calm expression. Many people, however, had already seen the distorted features before these embalmers did their work.

The sisters who served as maids and domestics, cleaned and polished the Pope's chambers soon after his death. Any evidence, such as fingerprints, was destroyed. Again, vomiting was one of the early symptoms of a digitalis overdose. The secretaries packed up the Pope's clothes, letters, notes and personal mementos. By 6 pm the evening of September 29th, the Pope's 19 rooms of the Papal Apartments had been thoroughly stripped. And the embalmed body would make an autopsy useless. By 11 pm that same evening, practically all traces of his reign had been removed. The memory of his presence in the Vatican had been wiped clean. The alleged assassination was complete. So the murder theory goes.

Many causes for suspicion aroused:

The Pope was in good health, according to his brother Edoardo. He reported that His Holiness was given a clean bill of health after a medical examination three weeks before his death.

A report in Time Magazine - October 9, 1978 - relating an opinion that the untimely death of Pope John Paul I stirred deep suspicions of him being poisoned.

The Third Secret of Fatima, which was never made public, revealed, some authorities say, the outlines of the murder of a Pope.

The Vatican has thwarted any research and suppressed any investigation into this matter from the very beginning.

The rest of the treatise can be found here

[edit on 16-8-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well .... I went to the usual Catholic news sources.
Also, the usual main news sites. Nothing yet.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
RE: The mysterious death of Pope John Paul I. According to sources, he was planning to confront the head of the Vatican Bank the morning on which he was found dead.
Interestingly enough, said former head of the Vatican Bank, is living in Sun City, Arizona. He says mass for many of the residents there. I was quite stunned when I met him and learned who he was.
As for Dear John Paul II, I am praying that he will have the peaceful death he deserves. Although he and I differed on some issues, I respect him greatly and admire the way he stood up to the Soviet Union.
As a Catholic, of course, I am saddened.
I have high hopes, as well that Cardinal Anzini (spelling?) is named. With the Church growing rapidly in Africa and the Third World, I think having an African Pope will be a great move.
I am keeping my ears glued to the news network and praying for a good, holy man.
joey

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

By Pisky
The Third Secret of Fatima, which was never made public, revealed, some authorities say, the outlines of the murder of a Pope.

The third secret was revealed by the Pope in 2000. Apparently it was to do with the assassination attempt on his life in 1981; though I'm not convinced that's the full story.

Vatican announcement

Edit: Fix link.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by kegs]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yes, the so-called Third Secret of Fatima was revealed on May 13, 2000 which is the Feast of Fatima. I remember it very well because my husband and I were married (in the Catholic Church) that very day. All our lives our mothers had talked about the Third Secret and it was always something we feared. It was strange, to say the least, to learn the morning after our wedding mass, that the Secret had been revealed, just at the hour we were being married.
BTW, I'm not convinced that the entire Third Secret was revealed either. It actually doesn't make sense.
We shall see.
joey

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
According to the Bayside Prophecies, the third secret has not been disclosed.

The prophecies explain that the true third secret is that Satan has entered the Vatican.

"How I warned and warned that satan would enter into the highest realms of the hierarchy in Rome. The Third Secret, My child, is that satan would enter into My Son's Church." - Our Lady, May 13, 1978

"My children, long ago I warned you from Fatima, I warned you through many voice-boxes throughout your world that the time will come when you will embark upon a stormy sea, and it shall be bishop against bishop and cardinal against cardinal, and satan shall set himself in your midst." - Our Lady, November 20, 1976

"As I warned you in the past and you did not listen, unless you prayed more, did more penance, sacrifice, communism would go throughout your world, ravishing nations, destroying your Faith, entering into the highest places of My Son's House. Can you deny what is happening now in your world? Remove the blindness from your eyes and look!" - Our Lady, March 18, 1977

"Satan, Lucifer in human form, entered into Rome in the year 1972. He cut off the rule, the role of the Holy Father, Pope Paul VI."
- Our Lady, September 7, 1978 ...

Evidence of the REAL Third Secret:

Part 1: Fr. Malachi Martin affirms: satanism practiced in the Vatican.
Part 2: The martyrdom of Pope Paul VI and the "deception of the century."
Part 3: The murder of Pope John Paul I by Cardinal Villot, Secretariat of State.
Part 4: Satan entering into the highest realms of the Church.
Part 5: The Catholic hierarchy has been the target of communist infiltration for years
Part 6: Mounting evidence that Cardinal Bernardin of Chicago was a satanist.
Part 7: The Church's highest court has become a kangaroo court and is being used by corrupt Vatican officials as a weapon instead of an instrument of truth and justice

www.tldm.org...

As to whether or not these are true prophies, I keep an open mind. I am watching them carefully, especially since certain of them are relevant to possible asteroid collisions with earth (The Ball of Redemption).

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
I hope that when people remeber him it will not be this way. I will remember him as a vibrant young strong pope. A man who wanted to be with the people, and to touch the common man.

I am not Catholic, so the very idea of a Pope is enigmatic. However, I have respect for most religions when they are practiced sanely.

I do wish, though, that the Church would adopt some measure to prevent any Pope from retaining his position to the very end. I don't believe that it is good for the Pope or for the Church.

Pope John Paul was a vibrant man in his fifties when he took office (for lack of a better word) after his predecessor died after only a very short time. He was athletic, jovial and extraordinarily educated. When asked how he enjoyed being Pope, he responded, "What's to enjoy, it is my duty."

I have always tried to look at my calling in that way. It is not necessarily for my enjoyment, it is my duty. I think most Americans could take a lesson from Pope John Paul.

[edit on 04/8/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It is rumored that he was asked to step down due to his condition, a year ago. He of course declined. Im assuming that his fear is like others, that the next Pope is to defect from the Catholicism, thus opening the door for The Beast Itself. This is not good news in more ways than one.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here is some interesting information,

www.kron4.com...
Cardinal Godfried Danneels told Belgian newspapers that he heard the pope say at Lourdes, "I end my pilgrimage here."

Danneels observed that could mean "his farewell to Lourdes and maybe to his life."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's going to be soon, he won't bounce back from this one.

I have a feeling he just passed away actually and they're waiting to release it. At least I hope it was in his sleep and painless for him.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A few things:

I don't believe the secrets of Fatima had anything to do with the attempted assassination of JPII. At least in reading the description of the vision, it seems a stretch.

Many think of John Paul II as a good, even great pontiff. Yet, I am weary of the Vatican, and consequently very sceptical of any of their leaders. Obviously, with the vast library and knowledge within its archives available to only a select few, with the Pope being one, it seems reasonable to me that the leader of the Roman Catholic Church would have availed himself of its history and moved to redeem the Church from its verisimilitudes, and set the record straight. That history, unfortunately is very tainted, and would require a true apostle of the deity to make amends for the RCC's many transgressions. John Paul II has not done so.

My mother-in-law, was hospitalized on Friday, and as much as she has waged a battled for 15 years against ill health, she could lose this one. But she is a rare soul in that if anyone deserves a seat in Heaven, it is she. She is a true believer in JPII, which is a dichotomy as far as I am concerned. Yet I believe that for her and people like her, redemption is because of what they are, not what they may be led to believe. Either that, or I am evil myself, and I don't believe so.

The Vatican, or at least, the Roman Catholic Church has played a major role since the beginning of Christianity. It stands to reason that Satan would have had a counter-play for every move against him.

The number 666. Virtually any scenario can be linked to a dibolical scheme if we try hard enough, and the pontiff is not excluded. There are three links to 666 relative to the pope:

His Mitre bears the words; Vicarius Filii Dei, meaning Vicar of God.
He is given two names; Dux Cleri, or Captain of the Clergy and; Luido Vicus, or Chief Vicar of the Court of Rome. All of which when assigned a numerical value for their Roman alphabet equal the number, 666.

[edit on 8/16/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The Pope also holds the title Pontifex Maximus which means 'High Priest' or 'Supreme Pontiff'. The interesting thing about this title is that it was originally bestowed upon pagan Roman emperors.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
The Pope also holds the title Pontifex Maximus which means 'High Priest' or 'Supreme Pontiff'. The interesting thing about this title is that it was originally bestowed upon pagan Roman emperors.

I don't think that's particularly interesting and it certainly isn't remarkable, or at least no more remarkable than the church having the name Roman Catholic Church. Roughly, they're both terms for "Head Honcho" or "he who must be obeyed."

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
does any one knows why the vatican site is not on-line? do you think it might be related to this news? try it on www.vatican.com at least i cant enter it.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The Vatican site is online...

This is it's correct address:
www.vatican.va...
www.vatican.va...
(in English)

I think the one you were trying is a fake address.
Otherwise... I saw that a poster asked who the known successor is. Well, one of the things I remember from attending both Catholic grade and high school is that Papal elections are rarely decided ahead of time (unless we're talking about medieval Popes who were installed by some army that had just invaded Rome).

Though there might be leading candidates who have solid voting blocks behind them, in reality these leaders are usually canceled out by the leaders of other blocks (there are a variety of philosophical and bureaucratic factions within the Church). What often happens is that there are several votes until a 'compromise' candidate is mentioned. Occasionally, though, a candidate with special credentials is chosen because he is understood to have experience in dealing with issues that are growing in importance (for instance, JP II was chosen because eastern Europe was a front against communism, he spoke several languages, and it was thought that a scholar could combat the rise of anti-religious sentiments in the intellectual world).

Now... the actual 'votes' are never revealed to the public. We won't know how the different factions will make their cases (or what their tallies will be). It is known, however, that there are different groups... in fact, within Catholic theology, there's been a long-running battle between the rationalist tendencies of the Domicans and the mystical tendencies of the Franciscans...

...and, though this might shock some people here, the Jesuits are actually considered, at the higher levels, to be among the most liberal forces within the Church. I know that sound counter-intuitive.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by onlyinmydreams]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join