It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scale of the Universe...WOW !!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
primaxstudio.com...

This really gets the mind boggling, its unreal how big it is, you have to scroll out a bit just to get to earth, then you keep going. Its AMAZING.

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I didn't think the universe would load that fast on my comp

S&F for you

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wow Mars moon Deimos almost fits inside the LHC.

I wish someone would make one of these with better illustrations.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
primaxstudio.com...

... its unreal how big it is...

And how little! Its great that the slider goes both ways so you can go micro and macro. Very cool! Made me kind of sad though, and I can't figure out why. Usually seeing the grand scope of things makes me feel good.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
That's gotta be the neatest thing I've seen in awhile. I can't believe the largest sun known to humans is 3,000,000,000 km in diameter...the distance from our sun to Jupiter is 780,000,000km!!! AHHHH

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You should have warned me about that giant earthworm!!

I will never sleep on the lawn again; the fear of my face being sucked off by one of those creatures!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Very, very cool find. Updates the good, old Powers of Ten video.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I wish someone would make one of these with better illustrations.

Better illustrations? I don't know if I would actually say that, but my own personal opinion is that I do like this one a little better. Both are interesting. This one is just a bit different.

Nikon Universcale

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
That's gotta be the neatest thing I've seen in awhile. I can't believe the largest sun known to humans is 3,000,000,000 km in diameter...the distance from our sun to Jupiter is 780,000,000km!!! AHHHH

The cool part about the largest known star is that the largest sun we know of is within our own galaxy. We are not looking at stars in other galaxies. We have yet to acquire that type of technology. There are from 125 Billion to 300 Billion galaxies estimated to exist that we know of so far. Just imagine what else lies out there!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
..........Just imagine what else lies out there!

That's what sucks about it. All that we can do, is imagine it.

We have to accept that, but it still sucks, and is just not good enough. Regardless of whether I die tomorrow, or if I can somehow manage to continue keeping my blood flowing for another 80 years, chances are, I will die while still not knowing the truth about [color=CFECEC]what is actually out there.

edit on 7/31/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

While this was "neat" when it comes to the small particles etc...the depiction of the universe's size in this is (IMO) rather weak and unimpressive.

I dont think it comes close to looking at a "hubble deep field" image which alone shows 5000-8000+/- galaxies in it...and realizing that the 5000-8000 galaxies in the hubble deep field image shows an image/part of the sky which is equal to as if someone would have taken an extremely narrow image from the sky through a "8 foot long soda straw".

See www.cosmiclight.com...

This is truly mind boggling, IMO.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Here is another view of things, may be easier to comprehend.

Journey to the edge of the universe.
www.youtube.com...

Deebo

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Posted before, but still a great watch. Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Love this stuff... just absolutely boggles the mind! I really want to know what's out there!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Love this site - going from the smallest thing to the largest and at both ends of the scale you can't truly comprehend them...brilliant.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
primaxstudio.com...

This really gets the mind boggling, its unreal how big it is, you have to scroll out a bit just to get to earth, then you keep going. Its AMAZING.

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Posted before, never get tired of seeing it.
This one is my favorite though

sizeofworldse.ytmnd.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here:

And here:

And here:

And here:

Seriously, why do these types of threads always receive so many flags? I've seen multiple threads on the picture based version get hundreds of flags, yet for some reason, they rarely get closed. Should I wait a couple more months and remake this thread and get a quick fifty flags or so? I hate to be like this, but I can only post "Wow, that's a cool .swf interpretation." so many times before I lose my mind.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Really makes you wonder how powerful our Creator really is. Anow how weak and pathetic man's works are.

Oh look we can shoot atoms at the speed of light in a 2 mile atom smasher.

Oh look we discovered how to use electricity, thats already here in the sky in the form of lightning.

Cool, we can fly a jet at Mach 12, and keep it a secret to the public....

Then the conclusion of the whole thing is the universe is billions of years old......WRONG CONCLUSION!
More like the Universe is about....6000 years old or just under that 5950-5999 years old. Too bad the scientists don't believe in a Creator or they would see all that and more in eternity.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join