It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scale of universe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Scale of universe

Here's a great view of the universe's make up,presented in a great flash lay out,i though i share it with you good people.

SCALE OF THE UNIVERSE

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Cool graphic!

I prefer this audio explanation

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wow, that's pretty incredible.

I like learning and seeing things like this, because it's represents itself much more.

Plus the music is kinda funky and soothing.

Star & Flag dude ;-)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is fantastic, thanks for sharing. This just might be able to help my daughter understand her science class-work. Again, thanks for sharing.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
That was awesome man !

I've never seen this perspective before.
Many thanks for posting

Is it just me, or does the space between stuff all the way to quantum level is about as fast as the space between the universes ornaments...

Now I understand where the holographic universe theory comes from.

S & F

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Totally mind boggling.
What a presentation.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Pretty snazy and fun to play with!

S/F for you!

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
S&F. Thanks for posting.

I still find it very hard to understand how small we are in the grand scale of things.

Makes my brain hurt!!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That was the coolest thing i have seen for a long time, reading Brian Green at the moment im sure he would have enjoyed that little presentation as well.
:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
"Really makes you feel kind of insignificant, doesn't it?"

But you know, how must a quark feel when it sees this...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
That's great! Only thing missing is the fractal nature of the universe. Here's a Simpsons cartoon which zooms out from Homer's head to galaxies; the galaxies are atoms in a super-universe; then you zoom out from the atoms to Homer's head. That is precisely the form of my Fractal Foam Model of Universes, except there are another 28 orders of magnitude between our galaxies and the atoms of the super-universe. A super-universe electron, in my model, is about a trillion times wider than our visible universe.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This is unbelievably awesome. I remember seeing a youtube video that was similar, but it had 'only' from planets up to the biggest stars. This is MUCH better
Any idea how I can download it?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

yes you can,as long as you have a flash player,or you can use your browser if you havent got a flash player..heres the link to download it!.

SCALE OF UNIVERSE..DOWNLOAD!!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
S & F

Amazing find. I can watch this a thousand times and still the size of our KNOWN universe is beyond comprehension.

The added bit about Planck length to the size of neutrons and protons makes this more the interesting.

Good find.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thank you for showing me that just what I needed during my rough times.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Maybe it's new to me, but I noticed that is states the observable universe is 14 billion years across, and the entire universe is 93 billion light years across...When did the 93 billion for the entire universe come into play?

edit on 27-9-2010 by eccentric_crazy_guy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Pretty cool, thanks!

The thing that gets me about the universe is how do we really know? I mean, our technology is OK, but not awesome. I wonder if it is really what we think it is

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Is that the music from Spore?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
Pretty cool, thanks!

The thing that gets me about the universe is how do we really know? I mean, our technology is OK, but not awesome. I wonder if it is really what we think it is

The technology made to the public, is "OK".

Governments that have such an expenditure to build a telescope to see the edges of the universe, exceptionally far more possible.

Especially considering the vast majority of our superiorly advanced technology has origins that lie within the product of reverse-engineering crashed alien ships, and other A.T. (Alien Technology)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Definitely a cool thought, though.

And I think you're onto something

As the great minds of our modern science may state, everything we see is only 5% of whats really there. Physical matter is only 5% of what takes up a given area of space and time, the other 95% consists of "dark matter", "anti-matter" or "dark energy". This "energy" is not of physical existence. So what we see out in the universe is still only 5% of whats really there.

WTB technology that lets us see this other 95%, lmao.

wtb - want to buy
lmao - laugh my ass off

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join