It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scale of the Universe...WOW !!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by piotrburz
Please use search, before you duplicate same thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Staff should introduce warns for doubling topics.

I am either searching wrong or there is something wrong with the search area.
I searched a few times, and couldnt see this.

Saying that a LOT of people hadnt seen it. So it was worthwhile.
As some said, there might be new users, or people who never seen it before.

I will try harder next time when doing a search, but I did use many key words to check.

Cheers
Shaun

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It has as always creeped me out a little bit, yet fascinated me at the same time that innerspace and outerspace are so similar. Protons and electrons orbiting an Atom in innerspace, while outerspace, planets moons etc orbit a star, then the galaxy itself rotates around its center, could the entire universe be doing the same as well? Regarding innerspace, we just keep zooming and zooming and zooming until we don't yet have the tech to zoom further, but once we do get more advanced tech... we will just continue to look deeper and deeper into innerspace. Will it remain infinite or are we just going to find some sort of stop sign? (i find the latter more difficult to comprehend IMO)

These are questions I ask myself every so often, I am not looking for an answer I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Peace, Nova

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Posted before, never get tired of seeing it.
This one is my favorite though

sizeofworldse.ytmnd.com...

Indeed!!!!

Mind boggling...I always gaze out into the night sky.....and recognize our place in the universe

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Already posted here:

And here:

And here:

And here:

And here:

Seriously, why do these types of threads always receive so many flags? I've seen multiple threads on the picture based version get hundreds of flags, yet for some reason, they rarely get closed. Should I wait a couple more months and remake this thread and get a quick fifty flags or so? I hate to be like this, but I can only post "Wow, that's a cool .swf interpretation." so many times before I lose my mind.

relax, some people haven't seen this and wouldn't have even of thought about searching it. without violating the terms and conditions and without specifically mentioning anybody by name, some people brains are .0000000001 yactometers in size.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

When I originally searched, your thread only showed up once, although now that I search again, it now shows up 6 times on the front page (due to the activity of this thread). There is a point to be made that making this thread over and over again periodically over time will increase its exposure to new viewers, and I can understand that. I just wish there was a system in place that would evenly distribute the stars and flags gained between all the threads, since I am a little irritated when the original maker of a thread gets the shaft while the duplicate stays on the front page of ATS for days.

Originally posted by randomname
some people brains are .0000000001 yactometers in size.

I agree.

edit on 8/1/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Minor formatting fix

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

I believe this reality is probably a simulation, so time is linear and only goes one way. I'm not denying that this universe isn't beautiful, as it is ugly. It's a combination of both and if there is a creator it created both.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

If you read some of the threads around here, there are those who claim these technologies already exist and are being suppressed. Once upon a time I thought like you and then reality hit me in the face and I saw the hard cold truth. Unless there's a spiritual renaissance or worldwide revolution and people wake up, then we'll still be stuck on this rock in 5000 years time, as everyone will be a corporate slave, living in a polluted and dying world.

One of my favs books when I was growing up was,"The Usborne Book of the Future". After reading this book, the future couldn't come quick enough, yet here I am 30 years later and what a anti climax and disappointment the future has turned out to be.

Read the book and you'll see why.
www.scribd.com...

Technology was supposed to make life easier and less stressful, yet people are now working longer, harder than they ever did before and most have nothing to show for it.

Albert Einstein couldn't of said it better when he warned where technology is taking us.

"Albert Einstein had passed on to the next realm in 1955 but one of his most profound quotes appears to have greater significance as technological advancements rapidly move forward. He stated “It has become appallingly clear our technology has outpaced our humanity”. Our aggressive pursuit of technology appears to be driven too often by greed and pursuit of power, manipulation and domination for personal benefit or gain. Projecting this imbalance forward combined with lack of accountability of governments and corporations controlling these technological advancements leads to very disturbing outcomes. A grander view based on the common denominators of science and religion you begin building on a foundation beyond the understanding and comprehension of both."

paranormalresearchforum.net...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

WOW incredible but wait it is the fifth threads on this stuff in less than one year. Cant you use the search fonction? Or did you need flags that badly?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Than you for a terrific, intelligent post. Goes some way to helping me to understand the scale of things !

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
well thank you

I've been working out

1:11

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

You maybe forget science has been rewritten, reproved, and re edited more times than the Word of Alahym. Maybe in a couple more hundred years, you will find out the original scriptures were right after all. Science is slowly finding out that the Scripture is right, just taking to long.

You should look up some things about science and see how many things have changed in only the past 100 years. And to think Science is correct based on theory, computer models, and popularity of science collegues still doesnt mean its true. True science is abstract, testable, and re-produceable (if thats a word). To say the 'Big Bang' is Science, is just plainly stupid, cause you cant even duplicate it, let alone it goes against all current Science theories, such as Matter can neither be created nor destroyed.

And look up some tests they just did some years ago showing that the speed of light isnt constant. They took light and slowed it down to a pulse, and sped it up. So to say the universe is X size based on light and distance, is just false. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

Laugh all you want, but one day when you die, you will meet your place in eternity. I just pity those who dont care to even budge in their own pride to just think for a moment that maybe we are here for a purpose and not just a blob tha evolved from a rock billions of years ago.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Archie1879

Your entitled to your own choice, so be it, but I warn you, this isnt a matter of if im right or your right, its a matter of are you willing to see if there is another choice to what you believe. And if there is, why wont you choose it? Whats the reason, cause you will be dead for a very very long time, so make the right choice.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Dont Stop the Party.
www.youtube.com...

LOL, The Game Spore Music is playing. Thank you for sharing brotha, This is ammazing. The actually size of the universe is so mind boggling. Lets say the Zodiacs are real and the exact location of your birth and the location of the planets within our solar system are known, then why wouldnt the possiblity that the universe has can actually effect us be possible? That the Sun sends us messages stronger to Leos, and that Mars has a aggressive influence on Aries and Scorpio. Why wouldnt the possability of Cancer having some underling emotional dilemma and its refusal to acknowledge this event in anyways is just the Representation of their Ruling Planet the Moon, Luna, Our Subconsciousness.

Here is the Sounds of Earth & Saturn, i dare you to discovery the other sounds to our Beloved Guardians.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Here is a Storm on Saturn on its Southern pole that has formed into the shape of the Eye.
www.space.com...

Lol How about Ophiuchus and Kundalini
This the Actual Ophiuchus, The 13th Zodiac, It has been apart of Scorpio, in the old age, because of how the zodiacs had to be divided evenly into 12 equal parts, The Serpent Bearer is part of Scorpio but its actually the hidden element of life. Secret Societys, Kundalini, Aliens, You name it and it is there. Think about How when you look at the link below and the Road that your standing on is looking directly into the milky way. When you gaze out into the universe, you begin to realize that you are actually looking at our Galaxy. To know that we are one with our Galaxy is another Idea we have to consider to awaken our Kundalini Correctly and achieve the State of the Flying Eagle that the Indian's of the Americas Knew. The next messiah i think will be in the House of Scorpio, but will show us a new outlook on life. From acknowledging our soul's presence and begin the process of correcting and balancing our Temple (Our Body) and begin to meditate or try any activitys like Kundalini Yoga or anything that involves the Kundalini
thezodiac.com...
(taken on 2007 October 20)
[[[This is a Picture of 13th Zodiac Ophuicius]]]]
apod.nasa.gov...

(A mistake but either way it doesnt matter it the grand scheme of life)
the change that everyone claims that the zodiac alignment went through, is another arguement that should be taken up in mathmatics, not the Claim that the (SRY CAPS) THE 13TH ZODIAC HAS ALLWAYS EXISTENED FOR ALL OF TIME. Not suddenly, like the recent news has started to say.
newsfeed.time.com...
Also the Medical Industrial Complex uses the symbol as their Icon
annazing.blogspot.com...

Just How the United States of America, uses the symbols of Scorpio in the Form of the Eagle, [check link about the Scorpio and Eagle Link. From Dr.Z]

edit on 4-8-2011 by EternalAnarchy because: To update, i forgot to add the sounds of Planet Earth

edit on 4-8-2011 by EternalAnarchy because: Erased a duplicated sentence.

edit on 4-8-2011 by EternalAnarchy because: This is a Picture of 13th Zodiac Ophuicius apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I'm always knew how insignificant our existence was. But to have an interactive model to work with...wow we really are insignificant.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
that is amazing..... yet i bet there are still people who say there is no other life in what is an absolutely vast universe. Huge. But.... is it even bigger? where does it stop? wonder what happens at the end?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
For me it hit home just how vast the universe is when the
Hubble telescope was pointed to what was an empty part of
the far regions of space for three months (I think)
What was revealed when the Data was collected and deciphered
Was DEEP FIELD, at the time this was the furthest Hubble had
Looked and it showed so many galaxy's in various stages of development
It was mind blowing.
For me this was a pivotable moment in my life and really struck home
Just how insignificant we are on earth and how small our solor system is!
A beautiful image that puts the size of the universe into perspective.
Great thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This was really cool.

I wonder if I am alone but as I continued to scroll towards the right, I got a sense of dread and fear, or almost a sense of learning more is forbidden.

It almost gave me a panic attack, it feels like.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I find it humbling. In one respect with are an insignificant piece of dust, but in another respect we are the "universe" for something else.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I really like seeing how small we are and how much possiblity there is out there that we do not know about.
Who thought going in was more fun than going out?
Great humbling post.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join