It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was god a programmer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't like being the last one to reply on a page of a thread, every time I stinking edit I get sent to a frigging page that doesn't even exist yet, some programmers at ATS gotta fix that!

Well, now the page exists!!!!
I still shuldn't get sent to a new page when I correct my post on the previous page!

edit on 31-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I totally agree. Although we have no way of knowing for sure, it is interesting to develop a conjecture. This is where mine is at this time. I can honestly say, this is no more or less plausible than any theory.

From the Dirac Equation, we can suggest a connection between our view of parallel universes and the event horizon of the projection. The even horizon is the interplay of matter and anti-matter forming a plane where we ride the wave of existence (LINK). To us, it appears as time in a frame of 'now'. We also perceive depth in three dimensions. This is, from my reasoning, the illusion of the toroidal vortex of light. Light is the key to particle and wave creating our perception of time, space and matter. Now is the moment of creation that has never stopped being the infinite moment of time. From beginning to end, it is a perfected and evolving mass of energy. Most people stop here and prefer blind faith or disbelief. For those of us with eyes to see, we can express this mystery for the astonishing reality that it is.

God sees this fourth dimension as a sculpture. Drawing the future into the past is not a problem for Him. We see the future prophecy as it passes our perspective. God can work forward or backward in the image. As the moment of previous prophecy happens, we can see a verification of the overall quantum dimension that exists. God gives us the opposite ability. He works both ways. We work only one way, in opposite, as in a reflection.

We can draw the past into the future by making new choices. In essence, we change the sculpture in the past as the even horizon passes our way again and again. If we make choices in the future that match the next past outcome as equal, then we have followed the law of God for the benefit of others. In other words, a good choice equals a good outcome in reflection. When we make a choice to sin, the new past is unequal to the choice made and the event horizon counters our free will with an undesirable consequence in the next moments of our future. The undesirable consequence corrects the image back to an equal image. God's providence at work.

In reality, we can only keep the equal moments of the illusion of time as a benefit to our past sculpture (life lived). We create in the same manner as God. We create within the image (Sculpture) that He has already created from beginning to end. We are in His image making our own. Our image is in His. His is unchanging as we pass from one end to the other. Ours changes according to what we learn along the way. When all is said and done, we will then look back at our own image (Sculpture) of time and reflect on the value we gained. If we gained no value, then our image is cast away and burned. The flaming sword is a consuming fire. Only love can remain.

If we place ourselves in Christ's image, we then act according to the law of love. Being Christ-like gives our image and sculpture clarity, definition and removes the smudges from the overall picture. Christ clears our image for communion with God who demands perfection.

This is the law of love. A tree expresses from its essence (acorn) into form by the information contained in the seed. The oak tree then provides a wealth of benefit to the world around it. The essence is then passed on to the next generations of this expression. This is love. A man expresses from his root the same way, except we have the free will and autonomy to harm others. If we express to form as a harm to the rest of creation, then our root is cut from the tree and we are burned in the rubbish pile. The law of loving God and others must be followed. Luke 10 John 3 states that, "We must be born again." To me, this is clear. The man is judged and what remains as good in the soul then expresses into the next incarnation. John 3 states that it will either be the water of the material body or the spirit of our essence into another kingdom. The body is a kingdom of 50 trillion cells that we command.

We do not move on unless we express the expected law of love in our current environment. The universe (Kingdom of God) is a large place. The earth is a womb. Gain union with the spirit and move on.

reply to post by Surreptitious

edit on 31-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If you are trying to say that your problems are the result of programming, then I disagree...HAHA. Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I don't like being the last one to reply on a page of a thread, every time I stinking edit I get sent to a frigging page that doesn't even exist yet, some programmers at ATS gotta fix that!

Well, now the page exists!!!!
I still shuldn't get sent to a new page when I correct my post on the previous page!

edit on 31-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Been really in to computers and biology lately. Also been reading Rudy Rucker and fooling around with cellular automata.

Here is my two cents.

God is. Only we perceive it to be a program or programming as we try to model and emulate what we see in Nature.

But it is the key for sure. What codes the little 3D protein printers?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gravity215

You pumeped out a bitchen thread OP. Me like very much.Snf and a cookie too. Of course God is a Programmer
and a great Creator as well. His existence simply owns existence. I thank God there is a God.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
god is the programer of the life...the same who coded black ops for pc

edit on 31-7-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I like the idea.... but someone also has to maintain the code, right?

If it were true, we would have had a service pack, update or patch by now because the entire world is hosed...

~Namaste

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
I like the idea.... but someone also has to maintain the code, right?

If it were true, we would have had a service pack, update or patch by now because the entire world is hosed...

~Namaste

haha

PLanet Earth V. 3.10000011111.1332222332147754

The new patch for planet earth is scheduled for release in December 2012

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
please dont tell me the bible is the nfo file

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I really thought I don't see what you are getting at ...

But this ..

Originally posted by Gravity215
4> Is the measurement problem in quantum physics really just a code optimization to save 'processing power' by not actually processing data that is not being observed by a player?

Really makes me think you might have a point there. It would totally explain the double slit experiment.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Probably not. After all, what can be observed can be controlled, and what can be controlled, can be changed, and destroyed.

Unless you're willing to accept that reality itself, indeed even your soul, can be destroyed and replaced all together, than this view of reality is probably not true, however likely.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Considering that these software game developers made their characters in their image, then yes God is/are programmers.
But it goes beyond this virtual realm you are referring to because our basic instincts are already programmed in all of us and especially every living creature on this planet.
That fact cannot be denied!

I don't play these games so I need to ask, are there any entities within these virtual worlds who makes his/her presence known on a regular basis?
I'm curious if there is a virtual Jesus Christ like character walking around randomly, making friends and gaining popularity and followers.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I'm saying there's a programming issue on ATS at least yesterday twice I posted on the first page of a thread and was the last post on that page and when I edited the post I got sent to page two which didn't exist at the time. It happened twice to me yesterday.

ETA:It was kind of off tpic, but not exactly since we were talking about programming.
edit on 31-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Perhaps the survival instinct (that every being seems to have) is a key to the programming. The basic programming of reality may be to make it self more real to the observers.

Who Knows if we signed in voluntarily?
Who knows if it ends at death or we just go to another level of this reality?

Chances are the creator is not God with the big G. There is no need to create imperfect beings that need to evolve and progress towards enlightenment.. There is no need for sin and eternal damnation from God's all knowing perspective. This is not our true reality.

Hope someone finds the seam,

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

1> Could a programmer log into the game, and play as a regular character showing players everything that they should do and could do if they met the right criteria as an example and logout of the game in such a way that it will be legendary and forever remembered as well as able to provide players with accurate prophecy of the future time line within the game.

2> Could another programmer place content within the game world/universe to case doubt on the first programmer?

3> Can players enter the game with a great back story with all these events never actually happened but are really just back story?

4> Is the measurement problem in quantum physics really just a code optimization to save 'processing power' by not actually processing data that is not being observed by a player?

5> Could this apply to reality as we know it?

1) The New Testament's Gospel narratives wouldn't happen to be the driving motivation in this case, eh? We've a god-like programmer, responsible in part for creating aspects of this virtual world, embedding himself or herself into said virtual world. It strikes me as a transpostion of the Christian narrative. Specifically, the ideas of "could do and should do if they met the right criteria" & "log out of the game in such a way that it will be legendary & forever remembered ... " Christ, according to the Gospel narratives, entered the world as a "regular character" & taught. At the end of his life he logged out of the game in such a way that has become lengendary & forever remembered, if not outright ridiculed. Could a programmer do this? Answer: Yeah, it might play a role in the game's content.

2) Nothing like a good antagonist. Maybe this programmer's regular character in the virtual world should not be so normal & go by the handle of Lucifer? Answer: Yeah, it might play a role in the game's content.

3) A veiled supposition. Answer: It might play a role in the game's content.

4) No idea.

5) I don't know. Is reality the analog of an NP-complete problem? That might be the appropriate place to begin digging in this model.:
edit on 31-7-2011 by Axebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Dear Gravity215,

In regards to your OP, yes, no and sort of. I will answer as a Christian (ie a believer in a God). God, a sentient being, created the universe with a plan, within that plan sentient beings make their own choices thereby defining themselves and influencing the game and other players. Here is where the analogy begins to break down (as all analogies do). You did not pre-exist all the other players, God did in our universe. You did not create the other players, you created a place for them to meet; but, in the end it is merely a representation. The world we live in has real consequences, if I cut myself I could bleed to death and reality ends, there is no reboot in the real world. Be well and nice OP.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Thoughts?

I think at the least that programmers are at an advantage to the 'normal' human, expecially in terms of creating your own reality.

peace,
-Bob

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I've noticed the same problem. It happens at times. I just hit the arrows to the right and it takes me to the last page. It's probably an overload problem.

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I'm saying there's a programming issue on ATS at least yesterday twice I posted on the first page of a thread and was the last post on that page and when I edited the post I got sent to page two which didn't exist at the time. It happened twice to me yesterday.

ETA:It was kind of off tpic, but not exactly since we were talking about programming.
edit on 31-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There is an interesting series on BBC atm that touches on some of the elements discussed here (numbers, shapes, fractals etc).

THE CODE
edit on 31-7-2011 by Fatmandy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join