It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was god a programmer?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
ha ha, this is funny, i've thought immensely about this since 98 when i used to play a game called half life....i try to explain this to people all the time, some get it, some don't.....the question that came to mind earlier when i was driving is this.....if god programmed all of us into this game, why didn't he give us all the knowledge instead of having us mine for it here? that would bring me to free will, but, free will doesn't explain god's supposed omniscience, because some people say that he created us with free will so that we would love him of our own volition, which would mean that he wouldn't know which one of us were gonna love him....which would mean that he isn't all knowing....but, and this is a big but, he programmed our entire existence so he should know exactly how we would end up, which takes free will out of the game......even if we were in a game where we had a choice of which way to go, he still would have had to program each choice we could make and even still, he would have had to program our choices in because we are nothing but code and so are our thoughts that he programmed.....none of it makes any sense.....it just leaves me wondering if we really have any purpose at all other than being just a project......

when we are playing the game, we have whatever choices the programmer gave us, we have to follow the rules that the programmer set forth for us in the game....now, we have choices as real people as to where we take our virtual players in the game, like if we want to turn right or left, shoot someone, run, walk, walk right up to another player, etc...so, in the virtual game it's like we have free will to utilize whatever characteristics the programmer gave us for that particular game, but when you pull back from the game and see your real self as a simulation, who is the real us that is controling this person that we think of as us in this world???? i would assume that would be what we consider our soul maybe.......because our bodies are only vessels and without these vessels, we wouldn't be able to experience this world....just like with out the program or code that is our character in the game, we wouldn't be able to experience the game........in this world though, we experience touch, taste, smell, sight, and sound utilizing our various sensors built into our bodies and i know that we could actually create a game where we could utilize all these senses....we would literally be lost in it if that were the case, we wouldn't be able to determine which was the real world after a while......

what is the purpose for our code??? life is definitely predetermined so what is the purpose?????

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yes, God was absolutely a programmer.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join