It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

View on soldiers? US and UK troops.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hey bro, get the HELL out of the military, whatever country your slave for.
I appreciate your wisdom in your position, please save yourself if your can't save much more than that.
Your life does not belong to anyone except you, they are all puppets, but you have free will choice right now to do what you want, right now. Make the right choice, for you.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You have compassion here not to mention respect, get piss and blood while over there then you guys/gals get back you get squat with regards to allowing you to insert back into society from the madness. Make no mistake there are many others out there that feel the same way.
edit on 7/30/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Do you understand anything about the military?
And how it is to leave it?

I guessed not...

If you have a constuctive comment to make then make it shown.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Sometimes it isnt that easy matey

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Thanks very much,many dont understand

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EpicKingy

No, I've never signed my life away to a cause that changes with the currents. I hope you can live with all the orders you're given, if not you have no one to blame but yourself.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Would be more impressive if you said that comment into a solders/veterans face!

See how you would do sunshine?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You'd probably be ordered not to hit me and then do it anyways. Shows a man's character, getting worked up over a petty argument but following the immoral orders of a "superior" regardless of your beliefs on the matter. As I said earlier, I respect the troops but I cannot respect you. I am sure there are many soldiers who are not ordered to do things that bother them and I'm sure there are a number of troops who believe in the reasons for the war but what you said about following orders because you had to in the OP makes you a mindless, gutless, slave.
edit on 30-7-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Where did you get that from? I know plenty about the wars, I just disagree with you personally so you are blinded with anger and refuse to argue on the issues merits.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Im not blinded by anger my friend.
You just understand the mind set of the troop that have to do these terrible tasks.
None of us want to fight these wars!.....(which are only about making the rich-richer)
(and the poor-poorer)

My point was that you diverted from that our troop US and UK should be shown more respect.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

But you just proved why they don't deserve respect. You claim that they don't want to fight the wars but yet they still do. I'm not diverting the thread, I'm following a logical argument through its due course.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Thread closed...

You cant speak about situations you have never been in.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

No but when I come under attack for stating my beliefs I can ask you why I am wrong in the hopes that you will explain it to me. If you cannot do that then you're probably on the wrong side of whatever you are arguing.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

There is alot of troops on the UK side (i dont no much about the US) that were forced into the forces.

Considering im being put into combat myself and my fellow troops deserve respect.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

How were you forced into it (all sarcasm aside, I want an answer, not a shouting match)? I have said multiple times throughout this thread that soldiers do deserve our respect and I have also stated that it is you and your OP that I disagree with and disrespect.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
(1) We didnt choose to go there
(2) We didnt choose to fight the middle east
(3) We didnt chose to "push* our western ways unto them
(4) Under the oath of alliance (British) we should fight whoever is a threat.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Myself and alot of overs were pushed into the military because of crimes.

As 4 myself i had the choice of child jail or army.
Alot of others had the same

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EpicKingy
(1) We didnt choose to go there
(2) We didnt choose to fight the middle east
(3) We didnt chose to "push* our western ways unto them
(4) Under the oath of alliance (British) we should fight whoever is a threat.

(applause....NOT)

You did choose to go somewhere where the battle was, no?
You joined up, that unmistakeably means you chose to fight in the middle east, unless you joined up in the 1980s.

No you didn't push our western beliefs, your orders are compartmentalized so the grunts don't have a clue why they are doing what they do, hence the grunt invention.

Whoever "they" tell you is a threat.... is a threat, what are you going to do about it if you disagree? You will say, "I disagree!." Then what? See you stateside after that.

Child jail or Army.... you got me there, sign me up too.
edit on 31-7-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I never served. Burnt my draft card the day I got it. Most don't understand the military and how things work.
When one enters the military you become gov. property. You keep yor mouth shut and follow orders (and if your smart never volunteer) The military will build you up physically and wear you down mentally.You are TOLD when to eat when to sleep and when to sh**.You are told you are worthless and they WILL turn you into a man.
(In reality they destroy you mentally)
Seems most return home in a bag, mutilated, mental cases that get killed by cops or mental case that become cops that continue to kill. and the the government does not care. I know several guys that have issues and they make their monthly visit to the V.A. to get their brown bag full of monthly pills . Getting any mental help from the V.A.
is like a rape victim going to their rapist for counciling. People can not understand what it's like to be in a war situation, "kill or be killed" or to see and smell death day after day, most people are desensitized watching news clips without the stench and the screaming ,crying and fearing for your own life. Personally I pray every night every soldier makes it home in one piece soon, very soon.
edit on 31-7-2011 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join