It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

View on soldiers? US and UK troops.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Im a British soldier and i feel like there is no communication between the people and our fighting troops.
In both the UK and the US.
Doesnt anybody show compassion for my fellow troops who have to endure the retarded/never-ending orders that we have to abey too.

I understand that there are many threads and youtube videos showing that some troops have done wrong.
But please remember that if we dont follow these orders we will get disqualification from the forces..

Please stand by your soldiers even if you dont agree with the wars that have happened/happening.

The troops dont choose the wars..........we are the puppets.

Show your support and respect...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EpicKingy

If you disagree with something on a moral level and choose your job over that then you deserve to be looked down on.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Why? Why show support? What for?

YOU chose the Armed forces....You were not pushed in at gun point so no sympathy here.

This is not WW2 anymore when soldiers were honored and did honorable things. Now a days with the way things are you should know better.

I was a Private Security Contractor for 5 years 2004 - 2009 and I chose it for the money.....plain and simple. I knew what I was getting into. I was not DUMB enough to think what I was doing was for freedom or for the right reason. I followed the money..sometime for 500 - 800 a day and I loved it, every moment of it!! I did it out of my love for money and what I can buy with it! Plus the job markets were a bit fragile so I took and offer from a PMC and off I went! Happy as a pig in crap!

Anything coming out of the governments mouth since the first gulf war has been BS.

YOU joined and now you want respect? Not from me im afraid. I do not respect people who do something and say later "we are following order" or " I did not know" these are excuses only.

I hate people who do not take responsibility for their actions. Today police and soldiers are part of the same mould. Government stooges.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You have my respect
but not my support.

It's very rare to find a soldier who actually admits that he's just a puppet, so good on you. Most I've come across actually believe they're on a "humanitarian" mission or fighting the war on terror.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Im sorry but following orders is no excuse for betraying humanity...

The nazi's did the same thing, follow orders...

You should know in your heart what is right and wrong, and to do the right thing, whether its an order or not...

I work in a restaurant... If my manager gave me an order to urinate in the salad dressings, Im sure I would make the right decision, and if not, I would definitely be held for my actions, not the manager....

Best of luck to you... No harm meant, only my opinion which was asked for

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

you should have a bit of respect mate

my thanks goes to you op and all the rest of the british armed forces

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

Care to elaborate? If my post was disrespectful, please tell me why so I can be better in the future.

I am a supporter of the troops, but someone who does something immoral because they were ordered to does not deserve anyone's respect.
edit on 30-7-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hi Epickingy,

Some rightly see the majority of military personnel as nothing more than glorified killers and murderers....

Why would you suggest that any sane, compassionate being would want to support the invasion and destruction of poor defenceless countries...

There are ways and means of discharging yourself.....ya know... albeit by slightly bending their backwards and dysfunctional rules and regulations...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I don't want to share my personal opinions, but I thought this was kind of funny:
We were at my cousins 4th birthday party. Well just say, his side of the family is just a little more religious than mine... somehow my dad ended up telling my baby cousin that my other uncle is a soldier. his response was "I hate soldiers!" My dad was a little taken back, and he asked why. My cousin responded with "Because soldiers killed jesus" ROFL! I thought that was a hillarious WTF moment.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I dont no much about US troops to be honest-all i no is that they have to keep away from UK troops.(due to friendly fire)

It is very easy for people to judge and say "id never do that!" but when you have been on tour(operations) for months at a time and seen the amount of disorientated/dispassionate and disturbed things we have.

While on tour we refused many orders which were......non mentionable.

Dont judge untill your in that situation....

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Who were you with? Just asking because I worked with a lot of guys from different company's. What fob or base were you on?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

Im sorry but following orders is no excuse for betraying humanity...

The nazi's did the same thing, follow orders...

You should know in your heart what is right and wrong, and to do the right thing, whether its an order or not...

I work in a restaurant... If my manager gave me an order to urinate in the salad dressings, Im sure I would make the right decision, and if not, I would definitely be held for my actions, not the manager....

Best of luck to you... No harm meant, only my opinion which was asked for

For US Armed Forces (except national gaurd)

The enlisted oath:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

A soldier or sailor cannot pick and choose which order to follow and which ones not to. It would lead to an extremely undisciplined military force, and also very ineffective. A soldier or sailor can and however should not carryout a unlawful order, a recent history of lawfull orders: Unlawful Order

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I can understand your position in all this. Many soldiers have been drastically persuaded to believe that we are 'saving the world', yet recently many folks are now convinced that the military has been usurped by bankers, internationalists, and geopoliticians. Being ex military myself, I see how innocent lives are thrown into harms way. Personally I believe our military should be HOME taking care of more important issues such as rampant gang violence and border issues. I do realize that there are people who are just crazy enough to enlist so they can spread destruction in the name of 'Amurikin justice n suhperior fahrpower'. Those guys need help.
I respect the forces, but that is my choice. I'd rather respect them on their own home turf. I cannot fully say that I support them as a military force, as the mission statements and objectives they have to fulfill are immoral. In saying that I still feel for them as it still comes with a distinct virtue of pride and honor. Not in the combat arena, but in their self discipline. We are all human beings and we all deserve our dignity. It takes a big set of stones to be in a place that will use deadly force to remove you.
The Military Industrial Complex has gotten too greedy and heartless, and places way too many lives in peril for their own wealth.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by de1111codEiT

some of us dont have wealthy familys to fall back on and the only thing we can do is make due with what we are given sir.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NoClue206

sorry cant say but ull understand if i say 2 P,C,B.hopefully

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yikes... After reading the replies so far, it's vicious out here.

I respect our troops AND I support them. I don't support their missions anymore, namely because winning has never seemed to really matter or even been viewed as counterproductive by the political twits who define those missions.

I have never understood the ability of so many people to demonize the troops of Britain or the U.S. when we're citizens of the same. These aren't mindless, faceless "Them"'s. They're our family, neighbors and friends. What burns my biscuits are the outright rogue units that make headlines or the otherwise good men and women pushed right to the edge of criminal acts....then allowed to play with no supervision or guidelines. Abu Ghraib happened this way and I really think the command levels over them should have fried while the actual soldiers should have gotten mid grade sentences...but far LESS than the commanders who set the whole thing up to happen.

One other thought before coming up with every way possible to insinuate our troops are like the German war time SS or something. If our troops commit wrongs and go over the line (and they do from time to time), then be everyone's guest to go rent a flat or living spot in Kabul or Baghdad. Heck..take the safe route...Go to Mosul. At least the locals aren't necessarily imagining your neck size for hanging every time you pass on the street there.

Whatever our troops do in abuse situations, recall, this isn't abuse among the ranks of our enemies. It's entertainment or a perfectly valid and trained strategy of fighting. We prosecute our rogues....They lionize theirs and hold them up as examples for others to follow. This is the difference and what matters. Our military may suck sometimes, but show me a better one (political leadership entirely aside). England and the U.S. are entirely equal on this, I believe.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Believe me and many other soldiers.We dont believe in this blood/oil war but some of us have nothing else..

US and UK soldiers hate the idea of fighting a fake war

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NoClue206

I worked for Armor Group for 5 years.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

then quit. There are other jobs out there and it will be tough but if you really hate it then stop

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

Thank you very much pal

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join