It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another day, another police beating

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
S&f the OP as a symbol of protest.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Nania
Can someone please explain what happened to the post? Why would there be a 'legal dispute'?

"This entire post was temporarily removed because it is involved in a legal dispute. This may be the result of either a copyright question, or it may be because the content and/or links point to a web site that is no longer allowed to be used as a source on AboveTopSecret.com"

Maybe DrudgeReport is no longer allowed as a source on ATS.

Just my guess. I dunno.

I'm sure someone will come along soon to clear up the confusion.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
i can't remember the name of the thread, but this video is here on ats.
i've seen it here

found it
www.abovetopsecret.com...
it is copy righted by las vages review journal maybe that's it.

[
edit on 30-7-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well here's a proper, LEGAL way to view the video and read the story: From the pages of the as Vegas Review/Journal.

www.lvrj.com...\

The officer in question IS another example of a police officer abusing both his authority and an innocent citizen who was well within his rights to be videotaping. To the credit of the LVPD it looks like the Nazi cop in question - who has shot and killed 2 people in the last 5 1/2 years - is going to be fired. He may also be facing criminal charges, and the videographer who was beaten is asking for half a million dollars in damages.

I hope they both get what is coming to them.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
OK, there is definitely a bot doing the censoring; my post was restricted as soon as it appeared, with NO time for a human to have done it.. All I did was put up a link to the article in question, from the pages of the paper which originated the story. That being the case, I don't understand why copyright issues would be involved.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Las Vegas Review Journal (www.lvrj dot com) seems to have been banned from ATS.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
OK, there is definitely a bot doing the censoring; my post was restricted as soon as it appeared, with NO time for a human to have done it.. All I did was put up a link to the article in question, from the pages of the paper which originated the story. That being the case, I don't understand why copyright issues would be involved.

exactly what happened to me instantly. huh oh well we will live to fight another day

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
I would just like to start off by saying this is my first thread so please bare with me. I am not sure if this has been posted yet as videos like these seem to be coming out almost daily. Is the reason so many of these cops do this because they keep getting away with nothing but a slap on the wrist? I never hear about these cops going to prison they usually just get suspended. I beleive this will lead to a war between the police and citizens and that wont be pretty. Am I just over reacting? Thoughts?

go here and see it yourself sorry i am new

ps sorry if this doesnt work still new lol

If you hit the quote button, you can still see what the poster has written. I removed the offending link from the OP.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
wow, just watched it, that was uncalled for. Holy ****. Those officers should be fined. And I usually agree with officers but definitely not in this instance. That kid was doing nothing wrong. He told the officer that it was his property well before hand, and they still kicked the crappola out him and were way rude and so power tripping.

edit on 31-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Explanation: Yay for 3rd party websites!

Caught on tape: Vegas cop beats videographer (reports the Las Vegas Review Journal. July 30, 2011 11:57 AM) [cbsnews.com]

Personal Disclosure: This worked in preview so it should work here!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Wow thank you for getting that on there omega!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

edit on 31-7-2011 by buster2010 because: image not working

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Never, ever be obvious when filming. Never, ever antagonize a LEO when filming.

Purchase an unobtrusive or use your iphone Camera for documentaries if you plan on being in dicey situations.
Practice filming with your phone while making it look like you are talking to your mother. Always fly under the radar!!

earthlink.nextag.com...

This is the one I use. Shoots in 1080 hd, good sound, good in low light situations.

gopro.com...

Always remember....Discretion is the better part of valor...getting yourself beatup, run thru the court system and your camera trashed defeats the purpose of being a gonzo film maker.

Film everything! corruption, brutality, heroism, disasters, compassion, even the banal and trite. Technology has made the WORLD your audience. We want to see your world with all its grit and beauty.

topic...that guy didn't deserve to get beat up but it could all have been avoided if he had followed the gonzo rule of filmmaking...."hang back, use your zoom"
edit on 31-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Never, ever be obvious when filming. Never, ever antagonize a LEO when filming.

Purchase an unobtrusive or use your iphone Camera for documentaries if you plan on being in dicey situations.
Practice filming with your phone while making it look like you are talking to your mother. Always fly under the radar!!

earthlink.nextag.com...

This is the one I use. Shoots in 1080 hd, good sound, good in low light situations.

gopro.com...

Always remember....Discretion is the better part of valor...getting yourself beatup, run thru the court system and your camera trashed defeats the purpose of being a gonzo film maker.

Film everything! corruption, brutality, heroism, disasters, compassion, even the banal and trite. Technology has made the WORLD your audience. We want to see your world with all its grit and beauty.

topic...that guy didn't deserve to get beat up but it could all have been avoided if he had followed the gonzo rule of filmmaking...."hang back, use your zoom"
edit on 31-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

Excellent advice.

Here is what you can do if you stay in the game, right? We have (sadly) many more videos we can refer to.

Here is the actual audio of a cop threatening to straight up murder these people he just stopped. Quote, "I will kill every one of you." He also mentions how he would sleep just fine if he shot them in the face, or some other violent threat. It was almost too sickening to listen to, seriously.

www.youtube.com...

And there are so many others on the page, it really is just too sad to post them all here. If you are up to it, they come up with this video, of course.

edit on 31-7-2011 by Copperflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I'd already done that as a personal protest but star to you for making it a call out to the folks, good idea anyway lets the man know we ain't pleased at being treated like sheep.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks, Colling is quite the a$$ hole, I reckon he should be sacked and imprisoned, with his history of killings and beatings I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
In support of the OP, more evidence, this time from a school official in Augusta, GA.

Please read the description, and note that there was actually a question of whether to leave this man's termination in place after he was fired.

And the talking heads blame school violence on the KIDS? WAKE UP! (Anyone still on the side of public education)

This is NOT the world we create every day, this is the world being foisted upon us. Citizens' only participation is as victims.

Legally, we have to send our kids to this environment, or cough up more dough for private school, while still paying taxes for this system of bullying by teachers, intimidation by "school cops" and even a public beatdown by a Board of Education official.

I bet his supporters feel like garbage. At least I hope they do.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Here is why discreet coverage matters:

www.youtube.com...

In the US, journalists who are involved are given no different treatment than anyone else. Press credentials are seen as a threat, and treated as such, though all police are paid by us, and are in fact, our civil servants. It is unlawful to restrain the press, but since it is a government policy to do so, these police are just toeing the party line. Pathetically transparent, at this point.

Naturally, they show their true agenda (paid to brutalize) in their treatment of the press trying to hold them accountable.

Some are trying to do their jobs, and paying for it dearly, and being arrested at the very least. But every eye is needed. Be careful. Keep filming. Keep posting videos, so people will know what they are up against, at least.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

As I see it there are two issues here. The first issue is that this cop - although operating on an incorrect answer from one of his questions to the victim - is wrong. My Father was a Sgt. for the Illinois State Police, and he would have said this officer did not deserve to be a law officer, and that he had betrayed the trust the people of his jurisdiction had placed in him when he took that job. This cop should be fired and jailed for what he did, although this would only provide another trigger happy asshole for the likes of Blackwater (forgot their new name) and Mantech, neither of which cares if you have a criminal record.

I mentioned that he was acting on an incorrect answer by the victim, and this will undoubtedly be his defense, if it ever gets to that point. This is no defense however since it is not trespassing to stand on someone elses front yard and film something on the public street. Were I to discover a man with a camera standing on my lawn filming the police across the street, I would go out and ask what was happening. If I did not want him there I would then ask him to leave. If he did not, I would then call the police and ask them to remove him. They would then instruct him that he must leave or they will have to remove him. All of these things would have to happen first, before force would be legal to use and even then moderation would be neccessary.

If I were not home and the police discovered the same situation I would hope they would investigate, and I would hope they would not allow him to hang out on my vacant property, but unless I had a "No Trespassing" sign in plain sight, the police would be entering a gray area here.

However, there is no law saying you cannot film from your very own front yard or driveway, or even from a stranger's front yard or driveway, unless the owner requests you to leave. If there were laws on the books to this effect they would be unconstitutional and against Jefferson's own mandate about the necessity of a free press.

On the other hand beating someone sadistically because they are filming an arrest is illegal and has violated this Crook's constitutional rights and human rights. He was not charged, or even asked for identification. if Colling had asked for ID he would not be the subject of a video or suspended, or shown to be the power hungry moron which he obviously is. The fact that this man is a police officer in a very large and famous city demonstrates a breakdown in the screening process which should be in place for police officers who are to share in the public trust. It also seems to prove what Alex Jones (more about him in a new thread coming soon) has been saying; that police forces across the country have been instructed to recruit only those with an IQ levels below 80.

This behavior from an officer of the law is unforgivable and his behavior on camera after the beating shows that he knew he was wrong, as he tries to provide his rationale for the camera which he has already knocked to the ground. I've got a feeling Colling owns a lot of wife-beater t-shirts.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower

In that video, I support his partner. The guy did something to piss him off and his partner step in and said I got it man, back off. And he did. No one was listening to the officers. I didn't see brutality.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join