It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas Cop Beats Man For Videotaping

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
And they say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...

I found an article about this in the Las Vegas Review - Journal but wont quote it as they are part of the Righthaven copyright network. You can search on your own for it.

Long story short, after the cop throws him to the ground, kicks him, breaks his nose, kicks the camera and arrests the man for obstructing an officer, the charge gets dropped. Turns out that in the cop's 5 1/2 year career with the LVPD he has been involved in 2 fatal shootings. Raging testosterone or just a superiority complex?

I smell a big fat half million dollar lawsuit against LVPD and hope he wins.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Good vid, yep i hope the guy sues and the officers get fired for not doing their job.
"Protect and Serve".
Although i did not see any protecting happening, it seems this citizen got served.
Sorry bad attempt at humor.
This just seems to be par for the course though, we must take our rights as nobody will give them to us.
They are "RIGHTS" after all.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That guy shouldn't of said nope. The cops are 100% wrong and yes we are living in a police state.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

how upsetting..

his calls for help....... where were the neighbors????

when good people DO NOTHING to help....

this [expletive] will continue...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
somebody posted this yesterday and it disappeared immediately, though im not sure why...wonder if the same will happen to this?...anyway, that guy is lucky he didnt get killed, because cops in vegas shoot to kill first and ask questions later...citizens are gunned down constantly out here...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
First he said he did NOT live there, they apparenttly were trying to take him into temporary custody and investigate WHY he was there, videotaping. They did notrt beat him for videoing, apparently he was resisting, thrn again we dont know because we cant see, but this is another thread title fail. They didnt come up to him and beat him for the video camera

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one bothered to mention that this guy was not only beat up in the video, but he was also taser tortured multiple times for long durations. No one sees the electricity sparks flying all over the place? No one hears the taser going and then the man screaming in pain?? You guys keep missing the taser torture part.. you guys missed that in the video of the guy throwing the shoes at Bush in Iraq, too. It's almost like you guys are so used to seeing it that you just don't process that part.
It looks like they're forcing the guy to comply by torturing him until he follows their every command. It looks like a "comply or die" type thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
First he said he did NOT live there, they apparenttly were trying to take him into temporary custody and investigate WHY he was there, videotaping. They did notrt beat him for videoing, apparently he was resisting, thrn again we dont know because we cant see, but this is another thread title fail. They didnt come up to him and beat him for the video camera

lulz.

Okay that makes it completely okay to beat him, you know they probably should've just shot him eight times in the head.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I know that not every cop is F*@$&^& corrupt but videos like this makes me HATE every one of them!
Protect & Serve my A$$!!
We are better off without them! Every time there's an incident and they know it is a rough area, they show up half hour to an hour late to ensure they all kill each other before they arrive to protect their a$$es!

I'm sorry for expressing myself this way but this has got to stop!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

why do police have to abuse their power like this!??Totally bang outta order,their there to protect you and keep you outta harm,but the only people here getting a buzz outta taserin sumone is the police!!!what is this world coming too,gezzzzzz!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Should have heard a loud bang from some undisclosed point. Then when he feels something burning in his chest, and grabs it as he falls, ask him who is in charge?

edit on 4/23/11 by xyankee because: (no reason given)
If this was to happen every time the police over stepped there authority, It would stop pretty quick!!
edit on 4/23/11 by xyankee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

well #ing said, I'm with you. If things ever got to the point of all out rioting first thing I'd do is go after those fat pigs and give them a taste of their own medicine

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cut3ypie

About a year ago the police chief of Fort Worth, Texas made local news when he went on record saying he wanted his officers to get testosterone shots to help manage stress and keep up energy levels. Like a 20-something year old kid needs more hormones!

I have known many cops in my lifetime. Most are good, honest hard working family men who are doing their part to serve the public. Unfortunately some get the gun and a badge and think they are above the law and akin to a god. Sad.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If the law was followed to a T, according to the constitution, would it not be perfectly legal if this man got a-hold of the officers weapon and fired in self defense? Doing nothing wrong, multiple armed men in body armor surrounding him. etc...

Deebo
edit on 23-4-2011 by Deebo because: fix

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I've posted this also to thread about filming police. It hasn't disappeared yet.

reply to post by HomerinNC

So that's a valid excuse to attack someone these days? Perhaps if he would've just kept his mouth shut or just ask "am I being detained?" that wouldn't have happened? Fat change, it was the camera all the way. And before you even point out the lies the officers tell about tresspassing let me make it clear. Even if he would've been on someone else property it wouldn't have been tresspassing. By law only property owner or resident can make that call. There is no restrictions to video taping from someone elses property either. The whole incident was unjustified. This guy knows his rights and laws that govern them. He has a history of filming cops and in 2002 he filmed white officers beating a 16-year old black guy.
You really have no clue what you are talking about

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Having lived in Las Vegas for 13 years, and having encountered and known many police officers, I can assure you this guy is not the norm.

This cop will likely be thrown out, and possibly arrested.

As I said in the dog shooting thread:

If the police don't start getting their crap together when the SHTF it's gonna get very ugly for them as they will be seen as the enemy.
edit on 23-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Having reviewed the tape there are a few things that can be stated:
The person making the video tape, may indeed have lived there on the property from which he was video tapping the police, however by lying to the officer, when asked if he lived there, does give the officer probable cause to detain him. He refused to cooperate with the officer, and quite possibly resisted arrest. While it is also evident that excessive force was used, the question is best asked as to why he lied to the officer in the first place? While we can not condone the filming of the police, as the person is correct that it does provide some evidence of either the police mischief, at the same time, as citizens we should show that we are prepared to cooperate with the officers when they ask what is a legitimate question, such as do you live at a certain address. The laws are very clear cut in what an officer can and can not ask, and they are within their rights to ask for things like an ID. But lets take this down to the most basic level, take out everything and start as if you are blind, like justice is suppose to be, and lets take this from the point of view on both sides, starting with the police: You are called out to an area to investigate a crime in progress or has happened. While there, you see someone with a video camera filming. Mind you that you do not know how long that has been going on, nor do you know if the person lives at an address or not. What are you to think if you ask the person, if he lives at the address he is at and he answers no, what are you to think? It is a valid question and if the person says no, then the question should be asked, why is he filming, is he a suspect in the crime that called you out, is he armed, what is his purpose there, and is there evidence on his camera that may aid in solving the crime or incident that you were called out for?
On the flip side, as a citizen, it is known that there are corrupt officers out there that will abuse their power, taking advantage of the situations by using the badge to intimidate the people. The last thing an officer like that would want is video evidence of possible criminal behavior. If anything what this is showing, is a deep and growing mistrust on both sides, the public no longer trusts the police to be reproachable and the police no longer trust the public. It is a sad testament to the day and age.
As one poster stated, the neighbors did nothing, but that ultimately is societies fault and something way too common that happens more and more. It is not uncommon, nor should we be shocked that people get hurt, killed or even ignore cries for help, as there are no Samaritan laws in the USA, no laws that would compel anyone to lend a helping hand to someone in need. If anything, the laws often work against a person who would lend a helping hand, and punish them for doing the right thing. All in all, this entire situation could have been avoided if the person answered truthfully to the officer, telling him that yes he did live there, offer to give them a copy of the video and even cooperated with the police, instead of not telling the truth, and resisting, and the officer should remember that there will be people out there with the means to record incidences as they occure and to be a bit more civil.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Maybe he heard wrong? Or maybe he was lying cause he was scared. It's pretty much irrelevant. If he becomes a suspect or person of interest the police are supposed to talk to you and not beat your head to the pavement. If they see a reason to detain him then they are supposed to ask you to put your hands behind your back etc. and not assault you.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join