It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists: You believe in UFO's but not God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

Listen, you need not convince me of the existence of alien life, I believe!

However, you pose a very good question which I am thinking of right now. You have got me thinking. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I would kneel to them, say thank you for telling me the truth and go with them. I have nothing to lose here.
Even if that eat me , then so be it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

I believe in God because when I was ten years old I had a massive brain tumor. I was given 6 months at max to live, with treatment.

Long story short, I was healed without medicine and only with prayer. That would make a non-believer believe right?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
most atheists I have scene post on this website are the first to attack "silly religions!", but will claim they saw a flying craft... Just an observation.

It may be 'just an observation,' but it is a flawed observation.

Can you please provide the statistics that back up this claim of yours?

edit on 7/30/11 by BrokenCircles because: a

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

Have you ever considered that atheist may not believe in god because we don't believe in fairy tales? Has nothing to do with lack of proof. The bible contradicts itself, its edited every few years yet you still say its the word of a god.

Think about it. If a man says he committed murder because god told him to he ends up in a mental clinic. Yet is was perfectly reasonable to believe a man talked to a burning bush. Not to mention that the genius people that lived around the time the bible was written believed the world was flat.

An atheist simply learns to think for themselves and not follow religion that can't even stick to its basic principles.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Hi, I'm an atheist.

I don't believe in gods.

I don't believe aliens have ever visited, or are currently visiting, the planet Earth.

I DO believe in UFOs, because they are unidentified. I saw a UFO once myself and I still don't know what it was however that doesn't mean I get to leap to the conclusion that it was an alien spacecraft.

UFOs in the sense of unidentified objects - YES. UFOs in the sense of alien craft - NO. Gods - NO.

Hope that clears things up. Of course I can't speak for all or even most atheists. We're a pretty disorganized lot though that appears to be changing slowly as time goes on. We don't have unified stances or dogma, the only stance we share is that none of us believe in gods.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by juleol

Sorry. Science has not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Read the wording please.

Also, most atheists I have scene post on this website are the first to attack "silly religions!", but will claim they saw a flying craft... Just an observation.

And you have the actual numbers to back this up? You seem to be full of generalizations that have no evidence to back your statements up.

Sounds like you are trying to start an inflammatory thread for the purpose of gaining stars and flags.

Gather factual evidence and then come back here with it, otherwise your naive observations are pointless.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Can you please give me a star and flag? I know it's hard for you to believe but this was placed as questions. Not attacks. Jump off your intellectual high horse and engage in the questions without attacking me please.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What if aliens don't believe in atheists.

Is this almost a troll thread?

edit on 30-7-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Okay, christian explain the people who were probed by little gray men then. Explain that..............I don't hear anything, everybody can't be crazy. Crazy can be defined to one line, bat shi+ insane.
Everybody can't be lying to you, can they ?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by ypperst

I believe in God because when I was ten years old I had a massive brain tumor. I was given 6 months at max to live, with treatment.

Long story short, I was healed without medicine and only with prayer. That would make a non-believer believe right?

Never underestimate the bodies ability to heal itself. If god exists and can spontaneously heal tumors and such, why has god never spontaneously regrown a limb? How about a little pinky even? Can you explain why?

IRM

link   

reply to post by ypperst

Only if we had scientific evidence, I would need to see MRI scans of your tumor before and after the prayer. I would need to know the type and grade of tumor too. Only then could i believe your story. If you have all those details I would be very interested to know more.

link   
Quick question guys.
Did any of you Atheists celebrate Christmas or Easter this past year or others?

If you did, why? We're you celebrating because Jesus Christ was born then died on the cross for your sins? OR, did you celebrate because of the presents and fun?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Quick question guys.
Did any of you Atheists celebrate Christmas or Easter this past year or others?

If you did, why? We're you celebrating because Jesus Christ was born then died on the cross for your sins? OR, did you celebrate because of the presents and fun?

I have an answer, and a question.

I am an atheist and I was born on Christmas.

What does that make me?

ETA: Seriously though. I have never gave anyone information on my birthday on ATS before....
edit on 30-7-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Are you attempting to derail your own thread or something?

I "celebrate" Christmas not because of Christ but because it's nice to spend time with family and friends exchanging gifts. Christmas isn't the first Winter Solstice celebration you know, its a tradition that goes back far beyond when Christ supposedly lived. Some of the Christmas traditions we know of today are actually pagan in origin (the whole tree inside the house thing).

As for Easter I don't really celebrate it but even if I did it would just be a celebration of Spring time. By the way, the whole bunny and egg deal on Easter - Pagan symbols of fertility.

link   

I haven't celebrated Christmas or Easter since I was ten years old, I refused to be involved in some ritual that involves god. F you and your petty rituals of life! I am 15 now.
If you really believe you're going to see "Heaven" after you die. You are out of your damned mind.
We should all be getting help on why we celebrate petty rituals with no meaning, god is not a reason and won't ever be a reason.

If I ever have children, we won't be celebrating Christmas. Just a ritual, means nothing.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

link   
...and the winner (by a landslide), for the 'The Best Post Of July' Award, goes to-

Originally posted by [color=FBB117]NeverApologize
[color=FBB117]Sorry. .....

edit on 7/30/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Belief constitutes faith. To say that you believe in something is to have faith in it. I do not have faith that UFOs exist. I have, however seen and viewed accounts stating that they are possible. That in itself is theory. The meaning of science is to test theory and hypothesis. It has nothing at all to do with faith, or 'believing in' a concept. That is the error of many arguments of religion versus science. Faith versus scientific fact. For the record, I will accept the theory that we see from time to time objects that we as mere humans cannot easily explain. It has NOTHING to do with faith.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I guess that makes you god in a diaper at the time then

Sorry though but I don't know what you are. We'll call you the flying spagetti monster then.
See ? Everybody happy!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

So far what I have gauged from this thread is this: Atheist's are very touchy about this subject! Woowee! HAHAHA!

No one, has given me the proof I seek. Please keep trying, I am on my way to church for Saturday homeless feeding. I will return before 7PM tonight to see how this happy little thread is going.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join