It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six plumes erupt over 12 hours -- California and Nevada -- ALL VOLCANO SITES

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightbringer38
we will see increases in events such as these but there will be no extinction level event

What event there was no event.

I live out where one of the latest ones happened and there was nothing, absolutely nothing to support a volcanic event.

Dutchsinse.thinks these are remote areas so that no one can confirm or deny them but he has no idea how many people really live out here and can report that nothing happened.

I live under one of his plumes and nothing happened and i am a geologist that has worked in mining out here in the desert for over 40 years.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
OK, everybody. Lets get serious here!!!! If there is something to post. Please lets give links. Believe it or not there are people out there who are believing this, and getting excited. Let us all calm down and be dudilitgent. Do our homework. It's all there, its just a matter of time who gets it right!!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
For those who are interested in reading a slightly more rational explanation, take a look at this link from Arizona State University on monsoons. I'm thinking what we may be seeing a "dry downburst" ( see downburst section) which is typical during this time of year. Basics of Arizona Monsoon

The fact these events appear around volcanic vents may be because they are elevated above the surrounding landscape and get just hot enough throughout the day (from the sun - not magma) to trigger a brief but intense thunderstorm. The reason the radar looks different over Arizona is because it's closer to the source of moisture and typically experiences a "wet downburst".

For what it's worth..

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I find it quite odd that the USGS is responding to dutchsinse at all. That in itself is very telling. If it was really nothing at all, they would not waste their time.

they know something is up, and are doing their best to cover it up

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jawsismyfish

Friend:

Reference:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am in AZ. I have working historical knowledge (environmental history thesis going back to the 1800 involving overgrazing and seasonal rainfall). I previously explained in the above thread about the Monsoon effect. Mojave vs Sonaoran Deserts.

In general, the Monsoon does not go to these areas. In fact resent data suggest that because of Phoenix's "heat island' effect, the Monsoon has been reduced there. When moisture does break through, the increased rising heat does indeed intensify the storm...Rapid rising = Super cell. Thing is the recent data shows the heat island is cutting off moisture flow. Macro vs. Micro climates.

The Monsoon is felt more in S. AZ, the Mogollon Rim area, and New Mexico.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jawsismyfish

Now this is some good information. There's more out there, lets see what else we can find. Great job guys. keep it up!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

More good information. Lets figure this out. It will all make sense. We all need to look at the facts.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
definitely something up I have been seeing recon jets from the nearby airport flying in that direction all flight paths are different on approach for commercial flights and the satellite that keeps on the same survey course plus many other clues if you are aware I have family just a few miles from this area of interest we will update asap with real hands on approach I had a friend named Perry who passed away at a hotspring in the San bernardino mountains he was found hours later cooked. so maybe the temps are way above normal then again maybe natural causes may have put him incapable to move out of the spring. keep a close eye on the events to come and we will be prepared.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thesoundofbass

Oh, thats definitely freak Volcano movie now!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
oh man...should i worry???
i have friends that live in northern cali...do they need to be warned??

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
Before everyone gets into panic mode and the whole doom and gloom nonsense. I'm in California. Nothing is happening here.

I'm in California as well. Specifically, Southern California, approximately 36 miles East of Los Angeles, in the valley - Near Ontario.

I can confirm that, yes, there is indeed nothing happening.

However.. That doesn't mean anything coming from either of us. I'm still a distance away from the "plumes" so I'm obviously not going to see them, I'd have to drive over there and witness these events myself, if they are what Dutch believes them to be.

And yes.. People think we're "preparing" for the big one, but we're not. No one gives a rat's ass about the big one down here, which is a shame, but who's to blame? We may get hundreds of earthquakes a day, but no one feels them, unless they're big enough - maybe a 3.0+ and you're directly on top of the epicenter, which rarely happens.

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Considering the heatwave the States have been subjected to, they are all most likely forest fires

Heat waves? What heat waves? This is the coldest summer I've ever had. My dad's been living here for 60 years, and he's never had such a cold summer. I woke up, thinking it was about 6 in the morning the other day, walked outside to check my bunnies.. morning fog.. chilly, maybe 65 degrees.. walked back inside and checked the time.. 10:40~

What the flipping hell? It's MID SUMMER for crying out loud. That day didn't get warmer than 85~ degrees at peak.

It doesn't take a genius to know something isn't right here.. It should be 100 degrees every day, I remember last year alone it reached 115 degrees at one point.. I may sound like I'm going off point here, but my point is, to both of you, we can claim we know this and that and can confirm that nothing is going on, but we really don't know crap until all is said and done and people look back and match the pieces together.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov... reply to post by grinitagi

This is a listing of 1+ earthquakes in the US almost real time, and beware sometimes after review they will remove some. What you make of the data is up to you. Are there closters or groups of earthquakes showing somethings happening you bet but what, is up to people that know alot more than me. I'm in Florida so I watch PR and the US VI area. You can register to get alerts for selected areas.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
I find it quite odd that the USGS is responding to dutchsinse at all. That in itself is very telling. If it was really nothing at all, they would not waste their time.

they know something is up, and are doing their best to cover it up

this exactly!!!, maybe his info is wrong but he's causing panic and more people will look into these things, i think too maybe they're trying to cover up something.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Just curious, anybody noticed at 9:00 of the video, looks like fireball crossing by the upper right of the video, then few seconds more, another by the lower left. Really fast, maximize the screen for better view.

What was that?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Originally posted by Lightbringer38
we will see increases in events such as these but there will be no extinction level event

What event there was no event.

I live out where one of the latest ones happened and there was nothing, absolutely nothing to support a volcanic event.

Dutchsinse.thinks these are remote areas so that no one can confirm or deny them but he has no idea how many people really live out here and can report that nothing happened.

I live under one of his plumes and nothing happened and i am a geologist that has worked in mining out here in the desert for over 40 years.

With all the respect you deserve as a geologist, can you explain then what else could be those plume-like effects on that video. Your words doesn't represent any evidence to debunk what was presented here. Please, don't take it personal.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
Before everyone gets into panic mode and the whole doom and gloom nonsense. I'm in California. Nothing is happening here.

I can confirm that, yes, there is indeed nothing happening.

However.. That doesn't mean anything coming from either of us. I'm still a distance away from the "plumes" so I'm obviously not going to see them.

These 2 sentences oppose each other. How can you confirm something you didn't see?

I am not saying that I believe or not the video, but I don't see a good debunking evidence so far.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Since there was no commentary by the Thread Starter, this thread is closed.
See below:

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Sat Jul 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join