It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Leonid Elenin shut his website down because of excessive visits? Give me a break...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If Leonid Elenin had any common sense in today's Internet age, he would have either continued his work on an online blog like tumblr, google blogs or even start a Facebook group. Heck, he's even on Facebook apparently. Clearly he knew nothing of that sort which is strange because his website was professionally designed, so im assuming he would have known a thing or too about backing up his work.
The only explanation is that he deliberately shut down his website because he was revealing too much potential classified info.
I hardly find it a coincidence that just before he was actually going to release the STEREO images of Comet Elenin to hopefully bury all the conspiracy theories surrounding his comet for his sake - his website is shut down forever.
Excessive visits to his website shutting it down seems like the easy skeptics excuse.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Wait,
that is weird.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

I hardly find it a coincidence that just before he was actually going to release the STEREO images of Comet Elenin to hopefully bury all the conspiracy theories surrounding his comet for his sake - his website is shut down forever.
Excessive visits to his website shutting it down seems like the easy skeptics excuse.

I never looked into the subject much, but if what you are saying is true that is very odd and will raise a few eyebrows.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Since you are the one calling him a liar, do you have proof or evidence beyond your being mad? Anything at all?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The only explanation is that he deliberately shut down his website because he was revealing too much potential classified info.

Or... He was being harassed by the Elenin/Nibiru crowd.

But yeah, I'm sure your explanation is much more logical.

link   
reply to post by theshepherd92

This is a cached version of his website saved by google just yesterday:
webcache.googleusercontent.com...
search?q=cache:gMlCUTLXScsJ:spaceobs.org/en/tag/comet-elenin/&hl=en&strip=1
(very long link so try to type it out from scratch)

The test roll was succesful, let’s wait for August 1

PostDateIcon July 28th, 2011 | PostAuthorIcon Author: Leonid Elenin
NASA / GSFC

Karl Battams, one of the STEREO team members confirmed the successful test roll of the spacecraft to 135 degrees. Carl noted that the angle of roll is chosen very well. From 1 to August 5, the comet will be visible in the instrument HI-2B, then observations will be continue with HI-1B camera. The first data will be transmitted to Earth on August 2-3 and will be available from August 4.

edit on 29-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

link   
Maybe he had used up his bandwith for the site. Maybe he can not afford to run his site.

We will still be able to get images from Nasa.

does seem a little odd though.

maybe send him an email and ask him WTF

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes, this IS actually a little weird..As soon as he had the new pictures, like clockwork, the site got killed...Unbelievable..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

i made a thread regarding this when the site shut down too...i think it's crap and my own opinion is that he should get the information out via youtube and facebook...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So can't we still get the new pictures?

Are they on Nasa yet?

Is this really a major cover up?

What if Elenin really is a brown dwarf? What if it does crash into earth?

Makes more sense at this time.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Look, if I was harassed by a crowd because I discovered some worthless little comet they find as significant, I would ensure to keep people informed to kill the disinfo. Whether they buy it or not it doesn't matter, but when my comet comes and goes without causing any danger, I would have won and the mad crowd would then look for something else to follow up on.
Leonid Elenin made the mad crowd win this time because he shut his website down just before he was going to upload some important images. Now whether this Comet is a threat is something which we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Would it be unimaginable to suggest that NASA had something to do with it's closure?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Maybe Elenin is the standard bearer for Nibiru. It waves it's little flag and blows it's trumpet to signal us.

It seems capable of making a decent size mess on it's own.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by guessing

Maybe Elenin is the standard bearer for Nibiru. It waves it's little flag and blows it's trumpet to signal us.

It seems capable of making a decent size mess on it's own.

so this is then end huh? It really is going to happen.

well they were right, it was a cover up

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

I doubt it. So far any credible image of Elenin has shown it to be glowing like a comet. Nibiru would have to be a brown/black/White dwarf, which is extremely hard to detect even if it existed.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Look, if I was harassed by a crowd because I discovered some worthless little comet they find as significant, I would ensure to keep people informed to kill the disinfo. Whether they buy it or not it doesn't matter, but when my comet comes and goes without causing any danger, I would have won and the mad crowd would then look for something else to follow up on.
Leonid Elenin made the mad crowd win this time because he shut his website down just before he was going to upload some important images. Now whether this Comet is a threat is something which we will just have to wait and see.

Well if I was part of a secret operation to hide a deadly comet from hitting the Earth, I would probably not shut my website down....

So your point is moot.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm surprised the poor guy has lasted this long.

Its a big world and the internet gives a voice to every troll, nut job and certified wacko that has the rudimentary knowledge to open a web browser.

I don't see this as a sign of anything but a legitimately talented (and lucky) amateur astronomer seriously second guessing sharing his discovery with the world.

I'd bet the adjective kafkaesque has a particularly special meaning in Leonid Elenin's life these days.

That's my two cents, but I don't expect to change anyone's mind who believes something nefarious is afoot..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

If the comet is so worthless (take a look at a list of some www.minorplanetcenter.net...

The why is both stereo A and B going to spend time on them? There are a half dozen others coming in at about the same time and closer approach then Elenin. There is plenty of stuff out there to look at if this comet is little ..worthless... non exciting.. none showy... then why bother? Guess we will all know very very soon anyway though.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by yourmamaknows

I doubt it. So far any credible image of Elenin has shown it to be glowing like a comet. Nibiru would have to be a brown/black/White dwarf, which is extremely hard to detect even if it existed.

I believe that it is suggested that IF there were a larger object it may be darker the elenin and elenin may be a traveler with it and maybe a bunch of other rubble.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yeh mate, certainly weird. Maybe he's just trying to drum up more publicity. Either way, yes, it has yet again raised mine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join