It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Norway killer bought ammunition clips from U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

And $500 for 10 mags? He's not only a poor excuse for a human being, he's a bad consumer. I have some 30 rd AK mags that I paid $15 a pop for,

Oh Man! I nearly noted the same thing, but I figured I'd get roasted for being insensitive for noticing that!

Definitely ripped off.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Naw, it's just nice to know when psychopathic child murdering hate filled scum bag needs a weapon he thinks of us first. The ammo was also from the US because it was cheaper here than anywhere else.

So guys where do YOU draw the line at firepower??

Don't look at me...I am a libertarian I think ALL weapons should be legal. I know some you might be more than a little nervous if I pulled into your driveway with an Abrams M1 A2 tank I would probably get a hybrid for the mileage but you know what I mean...why should the "government" interfere with my right to bear arms?

There is a shoulder fired nuke ...I saw a video of the test firing...super cool! I gotta get me one!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Naw, it's just nice to know when psychopathic child murdering hate filled scum bag needs a weapon he thinks of us first. The ammo was also from the US because it was cheaper here than anywhere else.

Don't look at me...I am a libertarian I think ALL weapons should be legal. I know some you might be more than a little nervous if I pulled into your driveway with an Abrams M1 A2 tank I would probably get a hybrid for the mileage but you know what I mean...why should the "government" interfere with my right to bear arms?

There is a shoulder fired nuke ...I saw a video of the test firing...super cool! I gotta get me one!

I can't tell where your being sarcastic and where your being serious. To clarify the country of Norway bears the burden of enforcing their own laws. If they banned the importation or sale of a magazine of greater capacity than 3 rounds, then maybe they should have flagged that package and stopped it in customs.
Also I am not aware of Norway's laws on ammunition, but I would like to know where they ordered if from here in the states, because last time I checked none of the manufacturers or retailers shipped outside of the US.(other than to governments and contractors) This is all starting to smell a little fishy to me. Too many coincidences and too much finger pointing going on.

edit on 7/29/2011 by SpaDe_ because: omg...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There is already laws against this. You can not export high cap mags with out an export lic. I have to say the person that exported the mags should be charged to the max.

The debate has already started look here.>>>>>>Law blog

Although this revelation has led some politicians and others to wonder why such exports are legal, these exports might well have been illegal. The magazines in question would clearly have been Category I(h) items on the United States Munitions List and would have required a State Department license unless one of the export exemptions in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations was applicable. The only one arguably applicable would be the one found in section 123.17(a) which permits unlicensed exports of certain parts and components, including magazines, of “semi-automatic firearms to caliber .50 inclusive” provided the value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any transaction.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I'd have to say I draw the line here:

Also I am not aware of Norway's laws on ammunition, but I would like to know where they ordered if from here in the states, because last time I checked none of the manufacturers or retailers shipped outside of the US. This is all starting to smell a little fishy to me. Too many coincidences and too much finger pointing going on.

I definitely have to agree with you on this. I live in California, and a few months back when the definition of handgun ammunition was being "re-defined" by the state legislature, many of the online/mail order suppliers were just going to flat stop shipping to California. There may be some company in some state that ship overseas, but I don't recall noticing it and can't imagine the headache is worth the revenue.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Alleged Norway killer bought ammunition clips from U.S.

www.rawstory.com

Clips with more than three rounds are banned from sale in Norway.
(visit the link for the full news article)

3 round mags……….. Why even waste the time with semi auto?

The only way you could do anything is if you had a fish string full of loaded mags.

If you have just a few mags then forget it.
Give me a good break barrel shotgun with a stout ejector and I could exceed the fire rate that you could maintain with reloading 3 rnd magazines.

Rack the bolt, Bang, bang, bang, pull the mag, grab three bullets out of the sack, click, click, click, as you put them in. seat the mag. Rack the bolt, bang… bang ..bang.

Just give me a break barrel, several rounds held between my fingers. Bang, clink the spent shell goes flying, flick of a finger, the new round is in, clunk as the latch catches, and fire again. With practice you can do it one fluid motion.

My grandfather could dust a squirrel and have the next round in the chamber so fast that he could catch the squirrel in mid jump. People that heard him shooting in the woods, though that he had a semi auto, not a break barrel.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My understanding is that the Norway killer had about an hour before the police arrived.

With a bunch of little kids hiding in rocks on an island with nowhere to run, and no legally armed parents or guardians nearby, he could have done nearly as much killing with a single shot .22 long rifle.

No magazines needed (clips LOL).

This is what happens when countries allow themselves to be disarmed, and totally rely on the police.

The killer could have brandished a cheap samurai sword and done very much damage to those kids.

Quit being EMO anti-gunners and protect yourselves and your families.
edit on 29-7-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What a sick man. Other than that i don't believe this deserves to much attention, as posted above "He had to get them somewhere". It hits closer to home since they were bought here, but regardless you could post it about anywhere that he purchased the ammunition.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
guns dont kill people,.
people do

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think it's pretty clear.. he was very determined. He would have gotten them.
Even if he had to buy an AK and ammo in Africa.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

What can I say...those 10 30-round clips sure came in handy for the Norway murderer in his mission to kill as many children as possible.

I would never want to stand in the way of the 2nd ammendment and 30 round clips for a machine pistol for "hunting"? or "sport"?

Not only did he buy his jumbo heavy duty magazine drums from the US but apparently we also exported our right wing hate via internet sites like World Net Daily and Pamela Greer.

I am sure the people of Norway are grateful.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ya know how you can pick out a liberal anti-gun nut-job from the crowd? I can do it with one single word "CLIP".

Also the second amendment was not written for sportsmen or hunters it was written for militias. And until they burn the Constitution you might as well cry me a river. Because all of your words and posts mean nothing.

People kill people. Why is that so hard to understand? Also take a look back in history at all the countries that have banned weapons. You will start to see a pattern even threw your rose colored glasses.

If you do not have personal liberty first cultural liberty will never follow. If you give up freedom for security you deserve neither.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Not quite sure what this post is about but we sell things here... I know people with plenty of clips and they are not going around shooting islands of people. This kind of news is garbage. Anyone who seriously thinks this can translate to the general population needs to take stat 101...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
reply to post by Leo Strauss

The problem is that the people of Norway are not accustomed to being shot at until a neighboring country decides to invade and then, usually minutes, later they surrender.
Is this really what they tell you in school? I think you'll find that Norway was the country that withstood the German invasion for the longest period of time.

Originally posted by Golf66

I'm sure the people of Norway would indeed be grateful if they had the right to self defense and protection perhaps this would not have happened. Who the hell goes camping without a firearm. Snakes, rabid animals etc. Duh! Then of course there is the self defense aspect of a remote location – I bet the people of Norway are singing the praises of gun control right now.

Snakes, rabid animals, Norway...? Apart from the odd bear and wolf, there is nothing in the Norwegian fauna that constitutes walking around with weapons. And certainly not on an island with an areal of approx. 0.07 miles.

And no, the mood towards gun control has not changed a bit in Norway - in fact it has not even been debated. It may sound strange to you, but most Norwegians don't think the solution to guns is more guns.

edit on 30-7-2011 by BaronB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Its all part of the overall scheme to get guns away from Americans....they want them,they have said they will take them(Pelousy) and its OTW....why else make such a big deal of his buying them here?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
Its all part of the overall scheme to get guns away from Americans....they want them,they have said they will take them(Pelousy) and its OTW....why else make such a big deal of his buying them here?

Really?
gosh,. I seriously have a hard time thinking the American peoples will cave in like Australia or England.
Not even the Military would be able to disarm the american people,.
I think many politicians would be shot before anything would get that far..

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So you guys are with me then? Legalize ALL weapons not just those pussy assault rifles! Gimme some real freedom and some real firepower. I got a boner for a shoulder launched Stinger missile! I want to use it for deer hunting. What's the problem??

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So you guys are with me then? Legalize ALL weapons not just those pussy assault rifles! Gimme some real freedom and some real firepower. I got a boner for a shoulder launched Stinger missile! I want to use it for deer hunting. What's the problem??

Pehaps you intend hyperbole but your point is lost, once again, becasue you demonstrate you know absolutely nothing about weapons.

A stinger missile is used for surface to air engagement of slow to medium speed aircraft operating at relatively low altitude.

Also, unless deer where you live have evolved a super heated engine for locomotion you will not get a lock as the missile system uses infrared or heat seeking to lock onto its targets' engine.

If you wish to regulate arms in any way I suggest some study of the subject matter as you might even develop some credible arguments. If not at least your arguments will not be dismissed out of hand as uninformed.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronB Snakes, rabid animals, Norway...? Apart from the odd bear and wolf, there is nothing in the Norwegian fauna that constitutes walking around with weapons. And certainly not on an island with an areal of approx. 0.07 miles.

Ok, so you left out the other point I made and sort of reinforced it for me. I find it hard to believe that there are no nuisance game animals in Norway. A feral fox will attack a man if you venture to close to her kits. A raccoon is a very dangerous animal - rabies or not.

The remote nature of camping/hiking and the time it takes for law enforcement to respond to any emergency justifies the need for carrying a firearm while hiking/camping.

I carry my .45 on all my hunting and camping expeditions. I live in Missouri and we have feral hogs that can tear a man up along with many varieties of nasty snakes. Further, if not hunting (in which case I will have a larger weapon) I take my old bolt action .22 with a scope that I got for Christmas when I was 8 years old. It is child sized (short) and straps right to the ruck with no problems throw in a box of stingers and you are set for survival. The extra few pounds are negligible and the security it brings is invaluable.

Even one adult with a bolt action .22 could have stopped that nonsense after a few minutes.

Besides, in an emergency even a single shot 410 or a compact bolt action .22 would be useful for procuring small game should you become stranded or lost. It also can alert another to your position or location if you become trapped (ala 127 hours) or unable to walk.

Originally posted by BaronB AIt may sound strange to you, but most Norwegians don't think the solution to guns is more guns.

What sounds strange to me is your wording - guns do not need a solution as they are not the problem. It is crazy people who are the problem.

He could have just as easily driven his car onto the sidewalk at noon on a business day in downtown Oslo and mowed countless people over for his statement. What then would be the solution to cars?

Where there is a will there is a way - fertilizer serves a legitimate purpose yet he used that to make bombs. Gasoline and propane make a car into a huge 2 ton bomb. Even or simple ammonia and chlorine (concentrated chlorine like for hot tubs) in a duct system can cause respiratory distress even death. You can't outlaw every potentially lethal tool or combination of tools.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You are missing the point the founding father could care less about hunting they wanted us to have weapons to be able to form a militia.

And no amount of belly aching crying about it will change that until they burn the constitution. And I have a pretty good idea what would happen in the US if they tried that. So why not just go and save the whales or something you can change.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

No you're missing the point I want complete deregulation. I am tired of the gubmint tellin me what Ima allowed to do! Now I want me one of those fancy rocket launchin rifles and Ima thinkin Im the best judge of whether or not I oughta be allowed to shoot one. Not some pencil pushin gubmint revenuer tellin me my bidness. You read me soldier! Golf is with me he wants no rules or regulations for weapons or ammo thats for pussies right Golf?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join