It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Norway killer bought ammunition clips from U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If this guy bought a Toyota truck and ran down 68 people would anybody be putting Japan in the headlines?

I think a more important story would be how did they get into Norway if they're supposed to be banned.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss Golf is with me he wants no rules or regulations for weapons or ammo thats for pussies right Golf?

Don't put words in my mouth - you have no idea what you are even talking about when it comes to weapons. Until you learn the proper terms, functions and purposes of the various types of weapons your thoughts on their use or restriction is about a relevant as mine on nuclear physics.

Quit trolling - you are clearly uninformed on issues of weaponry.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Yea I wonder what the proper use for a 30 round "magazine" is ??? We had Jared Loughner with 30 rounder now we have the Norway murderer. Squirrels must be pretty thick where you're from Golf if you need a 30 round "magazine". Did I use the correct terminology Major suh? Are your views on weapon regulation classified?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I believe the three round limit is specific for semi automatic rifles, not rifles in general. At least i´m pretty sure the hunters around here has more than 3 rounds. Take what you read in MSM with a pinch of salt. I seriously don´t think anyone around here is gonna blame the US for anything regarding this tragedy.

A note, Norway has been organizing civilian sport shooting since 1769, that´s even older than the USA!

www.skyting.no...

There´s even an organization from 1893 constitued by the government for this.

www.dfs.no...

Norwegians traditionally know their way around guns mainly due to old hunting traditions but also due to many conflicts/war going waaaay back. I own 4 handguns myself (strictly target/sport shooting) and at myparents house when i grew up i remember 3 rifles on the wall but no paintings from any of the famous norwegian painters.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by Homedawg
Its all part of the overall scheme to get guns away from Americans....they want them,they have said they will take them(Pelousy) and its OTW....why else make such a big deal of his buying them here?

Really?
gosh,. I seriously have a hard time thinking the American peoples will cave in like Australia or England.
Not even the Military would be able to disarm the american people,.
I think many politicians would be shot before anything would get that far..

Did you miss the Un Small Arms treaty?..Thats orama and hilldemons back door to gun control...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo StraussYea I wonder what the proper use for a 30 round "magazine" is ???

The proper use for a 30 round magazine is simply for it to serve its intended purpose which is to hold rounds so that they can in turn be fed into the chamber by the action of the firearm.

If you mean why would anyone need or want a 30 round magazine I will go back to sport shooting. Why do I have a few 30 round magazines for my browning high power? So I can have fun and pop off rounds at a target in rapid succession. It is fun and a challenge to see if I can manage the rate of fire and recoil to maintain accuracy over prolonged fire. It isn't really practical for much else IMO.

However, I doubt its presence in my shooting bag will motivate me to mow down some innocents.

Its just like any other sport or hobby – enthusiasts want to have the most powerful or fastest or sleek or unique of the things they collect and use.

There is really no reason to own a car or motorcycle that goes 200+ MPH either but many people own them – they are fun to those that enjoy them. They might take them to a track and go fast, just like I take my gun to the range to shoot rounds of quickly.

I certainly don’t carry a 30 round magazine every day for personal protection they are too big just Like a person with a fast car won’t drive 200 MPH unless the conditions are safe and in a controlled environment.

Originally posted by Leo StraussSquirrels must be pretty thick where you're from Golf if you need a 30 round "magazine".

Again, who shoots squirrels with a handgun? Please, you are killing me – you clearly know next to nothing about firearms.

Originally posted by Leo StraussAre your views on weapon regulation classified?

I refuse to discuss weapons regulation with someone who clearly is uninformed on even the basics of firearms function and use.

edit on 31/7/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
reply to post by Golf66

Yea I wonder what the proper use for a 30 round "magazine" is ???

The uses for a 30 round magazine are numerous.

…. To name a few…..
Firearms alignment and testing.
Sport shooting.
Pest control.
Self defense.(aka "human pest control")

It usually takes me about 50 rounds to get a new scope to just where I want it. Being able to concentrate on shooting, instead of reloading, helps greatly.

Sport shooting is obvious.

Pest control usually requires you to have enough ammo on hand to neutralize all the pest when you see them. If you don’t have enough rounds, and have to stop shooting to reload. The pest will have fled by the time you are ready to shoot again. Since you don’t know how many pest you will come across at one time, and you don’t know how many misses you will make, then having too much ammo is always preferable.

In self defense, it is preferable to have more ammo than needed (understatement of the year). It is preferable to have more ammo than the people attacking you. And it is nice to have enough ammo to be able to lay down suppression fire if someone is trying to get into a position to shoot you. Suppression fire only last as long as your ammo does.

In general, you only remember the times where you pulled the trigger and the gun didn’t fire (causing lost game or other problems). Not all the times you pulled the trigger and everything worked. So, those memories of an empty magazine give us a predisposition to wanting larger magazines to minimize the times where we pull the trigger and nothing happens.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

We had Jared Loughner with 30 rounder now we have the Norway murderer.

Okay, this seems pretty clear. 30 round magazines cause people to become mass murders. That part I understand but is that for any calibre? What about other capacities? For example I have an old 20 round magazine for my .22. Will this make me become a mass murderer too or will it cause me to rob banks or something like that? If I use the 8 round magazine will I break the law in some other way, like jaywalking? Please be more specific as to which magazines cause what crimes so we can keep that in mind when making a purchase.

P.S. Poachers always use 5 round magazines so I guess we all know what crime that capacity leads to.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
So it sounds as though you would like to own high capacity fully automatic weapons for entertainment purposes. Can't you play Halo or Call of Duty?? I guess not. But thanks for being honest.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Maybe Breivik's 'associates' help him acquire the ammo needed to perpetrate that false flag attack on July 22.

Sounds like a plot to me. If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, it is definitely a duck.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

So it sounds as though you would like to own high capacity fully automatic weapons for entertainment purposes.

(scratches head)
Um…… what’s wrong with that? It’s perfectly legal. Just do a little FFL paperwork, pay for the FFL and the gun and you are good to go!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
There are quite a few places in this country left that have little to no gun laws. I enjoy that I could care less what the halfwit in Norway used as his weapon of choice. There isn't a big call for "Lone Wolf" tactics such as his. Most people would love to own a few weapons such as his here in cali. We can't because of gun control laws.

We should have less laws not more, I don't see why this or any thing else should change that. Even if they were against the law were he lived he still would have found a way to get the weapons. Which is what people forget!

Take weapons away from honest People, Only the bad will still have them.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
As an Army medic I spent a few weeks in Norway in 2002 on an artic warfighter excercise. My old unit has a full MTOE (all of our authorized equipment) sitting in a warehouse in Settermoen, so that if the Russians ever invade we only need our personal gear and a few planes to get us there. And yes I'm aware of how wasteful it is to be maintaining cold war readiness in this day and age.

Anyway, besides freezing my nuts off (it was Feb and we slept in unlined tents the whole time) the one memory that struck me was of a guy in a tracksuit riding a bicycle with an FN FAL slung across his back.

I asked one of the Telemark guys who we were training with if that was a common sight and he said yes it was. He told me that after your year of mandatory military service they send you home with your rifle and personal gear as a readiness measure. I was told that many homes in Norway had automatic rifles as a result of this.

Now maybe it was just the Telemark (their version of Green Berets/Rangers) guys that get sent home with their rifles, or maybe things have changed, but that is what I was told at the time.

Regardless, Norway ranks above Canada in gun ownership at 31.3 guns per 100 people (yes, Bowling for Columbine lied).

Switzerland has 45.7 per 100, and Finland has 32 per 100, Sweden has 31.6. Cyprus has 36.4 and they're a fairly small island.

With all these guns around you'd think they would have lots of gun crime, about half of what the U.S.A. has if the gun is the reason. But they don't, so obviously gun ownership alone has nothing to do with crime.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well for all those calling clips magazines and magazines clips. From what I can find they are also referred to the other at the dealer sites.

Examples can be found by searching Gun Clips

In pictures as well
Search Gun magazines
Search Gun Clips
[
So shouldn`t you all set the dealers straight as well or perhaps the search feature?

Anyhow if you go to Dealexstreme.com they pretty much tell you as an American or Australian they are not to sell the High powered laser pointers to the USA. As stated on the site. So if it`s not allowed in certain countries who really is responsible and to what extent?

www.dealextreme.com...

Besides that where did the guy buy the stuff to make the bomb as well. Shouldn`t that also be an issue.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

So it sounds as though you would like to own high capacity fully automatic weapons for entertainment purposes. Can't you play Halo or Call of Duty?? I guess not. But thanks for being honest.

For the same reason people who like to drive and collect fast cars don't just play racing games on their systems as a substitute. Driving like shooting is a real life skill that cannot be learned with a game controller.

Perhaps if one likes to engage in sex he should just settle for cyber sex - it’s safer.

Sport shooting is just as valid of a hobby as any other.

You have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Why is it any of your business what I do for fun, or what I own?

People like you who wet you pants at the sight of a firearm are why we have knee jerk laws passed that blame objects instead of people.

The day a gun gets up and robs a liqour store all by itself is the day I support gun control. Until then I'll keep my support behind people control.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Err...you guys are a bit of topic here me thinks?

Anyway, those who want to hate USA for whatever reason will find an excuse anyway.

Breivik also bought RC model airplane fuel containing nitromethan for use in his bombs. I guess from now on i should only fly electric RC helicopters in order to avoid getting on some "potential terrorist" list. Pity, i really do love the smell of nitro helis in the morning.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

just get a free catolouge from Cheaper then dirt just dont do anything foolish

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

For the same reason people who like to drive and collect fast cars don't just play racing games on their systems as a substitute. Driving like shooting is a real life skill that cannot be learned with a game controller.

Perhaps if one likes to engage in sex he should just settle for cyber sex - it’s safer.

Sport shooting is just as valid of a hobby as any other.

You have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

Exactly. Is that not the point of freedom and rights to be able to do what I wish within the law and not have to worry about busy bodies stopping me?

I like guns. Do I own some maybe, maybe not, I have bought them and might have sold them to other law abiding people when I needed cash. If I have them or not is no ones business but my own.

I like fast cars as well and have one that I love driving. Playing a game is nothign like driving a real car. A shooter game is nothing compared to shooting at a target. For anyone to ever say that it is has never touched a firearm or driven a car.

Really you have more patience for troll than I do. I will not even respond to someone as foolish as that.

Raist

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The Alleged Norway killer may have bought the magazines in the US. not from the US.
He then could have shipped them himself. fedex.

right now he is looking at 21years for the killings would he want to add time for illegal importation of the illegal magazines.

He had been in the US for travel on a few trips, he has a relative in LA Calif. (maybe the relative bought them and shipped them)

Even illegals can buy ammo, weapons parts, and magazines in the US as there are no laws against it.

I may be time to close that loophole and require at least a drivers lic for entering a gun show or gun shop.

They may even want to make it illegal for illegals to buy ammo, weapons parts, and magazines.(one more thing to deport them for)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join