It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA now believes comet Elenin to be a comet cluster

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing that this is a simple little comet. 1 of the videos shows a time frame of occurrences of recent. I don't care what anyone says, you cannot argue with this data that says there is something out there generating the gravity field of a star. I am still researching this story. I will post more detailed links as I find them. I am unaware of the credibility of these 2 sites, which is why I'm still specifically looking for a known quotable source. If it's bull, oops! I'm sure it's happened before.
www.newsbad.com...
______beforeitsnews/story/864/787/NASA_Confused_About_Cluster_Comet_Elenin_Including_Latest_Pictures.html
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A Mario bros. 1 up for NASA
Now just the Hubble pics, Paaaleeeease

edit on 7/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
No, it's a cluster of Invading UFOs.

I'm totally serious guys...totally.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm totally rooting for you Elenin people

Comet? cluster? nibiru? aliens? BRING IT ON!!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
interesting website speaks of the same thing

This page was last updated in May 2008, pretty interesting though. Not alot of info but the fact that someone else mentions it 3 years ago and then NASA says it could be also is pretty interesting.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Am I missing something here? Where does NASA say that this is a comet cluster? Both of those sites say the same thing, and NASA is mentioned once in some nonsensical sentence. I'm also wondering if someone can provide me with the original source of this picture. So far all I can find are conspiracy sites posting this picture.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Rather than the ever-trustworthy Before It's News, can you provide a direct link to a where NASA state it's a cluster? I don't believe you can.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have been lurking for 2 years.
Somethings coming all the time.
I believe we are coming to a large change in our lives on many levels.

Waiting

link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Isn't the world supposed to end on December 21st 2012? Elenin's a bit early... The Mayan's must have miscalculated!

link   
Have you seen this video? She addresses that same topic too, based on a paper submitted to Cornell University that discusses this subject. The paper was written by a doctor of physics and a professor, if I remember correctly, and based on that level of wisdom, it must be true......based on her account. Take it for what you will, but there are some interesting facts that are mentioned, along with some potentially not-so-factual information. Anyways, check it out:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You are being very misleading in this post. With the links you provide there is no official mention by any NASA employee about clusters and comet Elenin. Even the amateur in the first link does not mention a cluster.

Actually very interesting and informative links, but you have totally garbled the information to suit your own theories that have NO RATIONAL SCIENTIFIC DATA ATALL ANYWHERE.

I have looked, I know.

Why do some people get crazy when comets come along? I think Mr Velikovsky might be right about our repressed genetic memories and primordial fear of catastrophe. Would make an interesting thread!

Sorry to spoil the fun, but just being totally realistic here.

Bye now!

link   

So far it looks like there's one new pic - and all these sites are sharing the same pic.

No where does NASA have any official comments... nor specifically saying it's a comet cluster.

Plus - the bit about STEREO craft rotating.... this document is merely the minutes from a meeting where they talked about rolling the STEREO craft starting on AUG 1st to start gathering telemetry of ELENIN. It says nothing about any "cluster"...

link   
No offense to the OP, but those websites are questionable sources and have the same exact stories. And the 'nodes' which are spoken of could be anything, which may be more comets, or UFO's, or some sort of natural space anomaly.

Just my thoughts. If there is a cluster of comets that would be devestating, but NASA is keeping quiet on this so I guess we won't know until it gets a bit closer.

Peace,
Lugus

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

I considered that vid before I posted the story. I liked the way she put it together, although I think she could have summarized it up and shortened it a little bit.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Mensur Omerbashich is not a credible source and far from a scientist. In fact, he states explicitly on his site that other scientists are not allowed to cite his work. He has also attempted to gets sites shut down that criticize his work. Then there's the fact that most of his claimed credentials are false and that he hasn't published a peer-reviewed paper since grad school.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
More garbage from the "Spanish astronomers" of the Starviewer Team. The same "astronomers" who claimed that G1.9 is Nibiru.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
why is it nasa (Never. A. Straight. Answer) always changes there story ie no there is no water on the moon then oh yeah there is water on the moon among other lies told by nasa (Need. Another. Space. Agency) now Elenin is a cluster of comets cmon nasa get it right the first time and I would like to see some hubble pics of Elenin. but let me guess hubble is down right now and they have no shuttles to fly up there and fix it nasa what a joke

oh this has been debunked already good catch phage....................

nasa is still a joke
edit on 29-7-2011 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Hubble is actually very busy and is scheduled to be busy for a long time. Hubble's time is in great demand and needs to be requested far in advance. The fact is most professional astronomers don't care about Elenin. When you've seen one comet, you've seen 'em all. Instead Hubble is being used to search for such things as dark energy and dwarf galaxies.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secretseverywhere
I have been lurking for 2 years.
Somethings coming all the time.
I believe we are coming to a large change in our lives on many levels.

Waiting

Wait all you want, my only advice to you would be that you don't hold your breathe while you do so.

Welcome by the way

edit on 29-7-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Why is everyone not worried about this comet due to come MUCH closer to the earth?(still not close enough to worry)Is it because the name is not as sexy? Honda will be here in 2 and a half weeks!

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join