It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And yet another GLP ban victim

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yep, GLP seems in desperate need of money, either that or they agree with Randi Zuckerberg that anonymity on the Internet must end.

Anyway I've been checking out this site every now and then, it seems from now on I'll be spending even more time here, probably just lurking around. From the looks of it I'll be enjoying the tad more serious approach of ATS.

Good to be here!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nekodos
Yep, GLP seems in desperate need of money, either that or they agree with Randi Zuckerberg that anonymity on the Internet must end.

Anyway I've been checking out this site every now and then, it seems from now on I'll be spending even more time here, probably just lurking around. From the looks of it I'll be enjoying the tad more serious approach of ATS.

Good to be here!

Welcome. I hope you don't bring some of the idiocy of GLP with you ... llol

I too used to frequent GLP, but I wasn't banned... I just stopped going... I just think the site is a fear mongering cesspool of ignorance, prejudice and racism.

I think that you will be good here, you know why?

Because your thread didn't start with "!!!!And yet another GLP ban victim!!!! OMGZZZZ!!!!111~!!!"

Haha I kid....kind of.

Welcome to ATS, where people are a little more on the ground and people actually check facts (well... most of the time)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hi, and welcome to the New World!
Tell us more about yourself and conspiracy interests. You know, what was it about GLP that got you hooked on conspicay site, and what do hope to find here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm a glper myself, he's just running his anons over here to the place he hates. This place is so friendly and we don't race bait.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nekodos

I was banned too and to be honest I never even posted anything on that site.. not once... I think they want everyone registered, plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Hi, and welcome to the New World!
Tell us more about yourself and conspiracy interests. You know, what was it about GLP that got you hooked on conspicay site, and what do hope to find here on ATS.

What got me hooked...Good question, I think it was one of the "insider" posts which offered a very interesting read. I'm basically fascinated by the spiritual and supernatural and I really just want to find out if there is any truth in it. So far I've read tons of interesting material and thought-food, but nothing has convinced me as of yet.

So I hope to find more of the above here, hopefully in a more friendly and informative matter compared to glp.

What do I have to offer to ATS? Just my 2 cents, brought to you in a friendly, non-judgmental fashion.

Quick question: What are the flags used for?
edit on 29-7-2011 by Nekodos because: Question added

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Flag are given to the thread itself. If you author a thread, members may flag it. A lot of flags keeps a thread on the front page, and therefore more visible and active.

I come here for alternative news and opinions, research, inspiration, distraction and humor.
Have fun here and see ya on the boards.

PS a moderator will be here shortly to give you info and links to everything you need to know about ATS soon.
edit on 29-7-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
trinity has become a major drama queen an then saying pay up to avoid the bans was the last straw for me

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekodos

Lol. This thread and the other thread are funny. Are they just banning folks for no reason over there?
Good to have you on ATS

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yea I've been banned from GLP also. Trin is a nutcase, he is either being dragged into the no anonmity thing because of the so-called Secret Service visits he was getting or he is just another government worker. I'm starting to think he may be part of the latter. Either way discussion wise you will find ATS to be far beyond that of the GLP standard. Less immature, unintelligent, childish shills and topics here. Not to say that this website is 100% free of this, but the mods here to a better job with their jobs. Welcome

peace

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was a reader on GLP, never a poster because the level of discussion over there is so low.
But, I was banned also! I guess they want people to pay to play - although it helps to have a quality site if you want people to pay for it

Welcome to ATS - it's far superior here.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekodos

And yet another GLP ban victim

Welcome to ATS, hot coffee and a blanket are down the hall on the left.

Read this on you way

Welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Me too - the GLP admin is a total idiot. It appears he's banning entire ISPs: My work and home use the same ISP, but I hardly ever view GLP from work. So one day (recently) I find I'm blocked from GLP (even though I only read, never posted). So I try from work (hadn't done so it ages) and find out it's blocked from there too.

Anyways, from a business aspect, he's a fool. Instead of forwarding "blocked" users to a subscription/signup page, he's just giving users a "BANNED" error page with a threatening and hostile message about notifying your ISP if you are doing some abstract "reseting" IP message.

First of all, I can't "reset" my IP address with a cable modem, so he's obviously accusing EVERYBODY of it.

Anyways, ATS has a much higher quality user experience and content. I only went to GLP because sometimes the users there seemed to catch and pin breaking news a little faster than on ATS. Oh, well, their loss.

I predict GLP to be closed down within the year. He's banning so many users that eventually so few people will participate there that it'll just die a natural death.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Trinity is having a meltdown. I dont know why he doesnt like this place, Skeptic Overlord (I think the Trinitiy of ATS) has removed some of my threads and had only nice things to say about that baffoon (trinity).

But yes, to take away your website hits is to take away revenue.

Lets look at a couple things...

Asks for and gets 10k in donations for a telescope, then quits raising money for it...
What happens to the 10k?
Then he mysteriously gets a(n)(erronous) visit from the alphabet agency of his picking..
Now he wants you to either pay for the site, or not come at all..

To me, I think someone has a drug or gambling problem and is desperate for money. I wont go too much into what Ive found doing my own research, because I dont think its welcomed here (after all, this isnt 4chan thank god) but the guy is a complete goon, and loser in real life..

Just a heads up to any potential GLP PAYING members... save your money, he edits out the real news anyways.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay.

I also used to browse GLP if I was really bored, however I also recently discovered I've been banned from viewing.

That place isn't good enough to pay for!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I honestly love to troll over there. I wouldnt dream of it here because its all about the discussion and sharing of ideas. Over there its some BS story of the week.

I love going into voice chat at GLP late after drinking.Its very amusing, in a bad way really. His brother and he love to go on voice chat and mess with people, so I try to help those people out.

There is a canadian woman that frequents chat. Seriously just the nicest person but shall we say suggestible. Her husband goes away for weeks at a time. Well trinity started messing with her head. Saying he cheated and didnt love her. I couldnt just stand by. It was so sad. So I got on his case. And banned.

GLP is candy, ATS is a great meal. I should know, im a chef.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NecroDjinn
trinity has become a major drama queen an then saying pay up to avoid the bans was the last straw for me

That is exactly why I came back here. I refuse to be blackmailed into paying to view GLP. It's just a bunch of right wing nuts, Jesus freaks, racists and retards on GLP anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I got sucked into the GLP hysteria 2 months ago and found myself viewing the site several times a day. At first it seemed more cutting edge than ATS for alternative news. Soon I realized that most of the posters are complete idiots or imbeciles posing as gov't shills. Finally for no good reason I'm banned from even viewing the site unless I give them 10 bucks a month. Screw that. I am thankful they've broken my sickening addiction for me. I am sad that I can no longer follow a couple of interesting and intelligent threads I found fascinating and had eons invested in reading every post, but ultimately ATS has the same subjects threaded by more grounded folks without all the bandwidth wasted on BS flags. If I never see another dancing man in pigtails and a tutu it'll be too soon.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by linux2216

My thoughts exactly. I don't think i've ever actually made a post on that site, but would occasionally read it for fun. I just checked, and I too was a victim of the mass ISP ban.

Big loss. If GLP is the elementary school of alternative topics, ATS is a prestigious university.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by linux2216

I had the same problem. That place was like crack.

I would sometimes leave it open all day -- a "refreshtard" as they say over there.

A bunch of nutballs, really, but fun.

I'm sad I can't go back, but thank you Trinity for breaking my addiction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join