It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman: Norway gunman touted lax US gun laws

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yep, these are the morons that write law and think they know best.....What a joke.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Every idiot, who is crying, that all this only would be used to take away his weapons, and every sick person, who thinks, that this is all a flag job to make his life worse, because he has to give away his gun, should be observed very closely.
There is something wrong with you, guys, and you need help. Try to get it very soon. Most of you won't end up as a mass killer, but as an old idiot. So try to get social contacts and remember the good things in life. There are some.

Hay but thanks for keeping any eye out there horus. We need folks like you Herr Goebbels to keep us on the strait and narrow. This may not be false flag....but you dont mind if we entertain the thought?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crapspackle

Originally posted by ateuprto
Trivial, reactionary garbage. Get off your tail and make the import of such items illegal in your country. If they already are, well, have a talk with the U.S. company that is shipping "illegal" items to your nation.

Is that not exactly what they are complaining about? The US not respecting their laws by shipping in items they have banned the import of?

Yea well good luck. The world is currently saturated with Chines knockoffs of just about everything. And think of this next time you see that pile of bootleged movies down at the little Palestinian shop around the corner. All of that junk is illegal about anywhere you go.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by macman

So genius, what is it you want to shoot when you are producing guns to sell to conflict areas? I'll forget who started the conflicts to let you keep half your dignity.

AKs russian made and else where outnumber any sort of american made gun around the world in conflict areas by 200 to 1 at least. What are you talking about? AKs....now there is a weapon made for the expansion of revolution and destabilization of the world.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by no time

To ban guns in the U.S. because of some nutjob in Oslo (or anywhere for that matter) would be akin to banning the wheel because someone got run over by a car.

To force Patriot-Act style rules on the world all because a few nutjobs flew a few planes into some buildings in the United States would be akin to banning the wheel because someone in the US got run over by a car.

See how that works?

Although I'm not surprised that the gun-toting psychopaths are out in force defending their right to use guns no matter who gets killed as a result - it's a typical response really. All I know is I can walk out my front door with the full knowledge that my neighbours or the people walking past my house also don't have access to guns. I do not fear for my safety due to not having a gun.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by no time

Wait, if guns were common, wouldn't they have shot the Norway guy quickly so he'd do less harm?

as far as i could find, the police could have shot the suspect but they "thought" he was strapped
with explosives and so they didn't (and again, this could be due to bad translation done by halfassed
journalists). to expect hippie kids to be strapped with guns is kinda silly even if we're talking
hypothetically imo.
edit on 30-7-2011 by psyop911 because: (no reason given)

Well theres always the option of hiring low profile but well armed security.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by no time
And so it begins, yet another attempt at a strike on the 2nd amendment. I am unclear on the facts surrounding how an attack in Norway has anything to do with US gun laws. I mean, if anything, maybe "fast and furious" was a global program?

In my opinion the gun crap has to stop. We all get that people kill people. But the reason the guns got in the hands of that terrorist, had absolutely nothing to do with gun rights. He planned the whole thing out on the internet and yet not ONE PERSON caught on before it happened? That screams FF to me.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: I don't know how I screwed up my OP.
edit on 29-7-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)

Planned Attack for Years
edit on 29-7-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)

This is too convenient. They are tying this "lone wolf" terrorist into so many pro-state/pro-elite agendas. Seems fishy. Next thing is he says he likes conspiracy theories and hates government security measures.

I think this guy like the kid in arizona and assenge are agents and this is a clever false flag campiegn. More state-terrorism done to validate a global police state.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
She should be ashamed for politicizing the Norway terrorist attacks like this, to serve her agenda of more and more gun control. In my not so humble opinion, the US should be proud over their "right to bear arms". If those kids at Utöya had been armed, that bitch boy wouldn't have stood the chance of a snowball in Hell.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Actually, most AKs in the globe now are Chinese made. The "Rebel" AK is the Chinese AK.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Wow, really?

I do not know what a barrel shroud is but I want to ban it because it is evil.................EVIL (if you watch SpongeBob you will get that part).

She should just shut her pie hole and leave her position and remain in her house the rest of her existance. Morons like that do not need to be making or passing any kind of law.

Raist

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

My shotgun has a barrel shroud. It's purpose is to keep me from getting a really cool looking blister on my hand when I flip it over to shove more rounds up the spout after unloading it into a Zombie Horde. I've never worried about "looking cool", since it seems to me to be more trouble than it's worth.

I can't imagine a functional use for one on a rifle, since I just drop the box and insert a fresh one, without grabbing it by the barrel. What they want to ban is "looks". That was the whole thing behind the Clinton Gun Ban. Looks. I mean, seriously - outlaw a bayonet lug to "deter the criminal element"? When was the last time anyone endured the horrors of a drive-by bayonetting?

For that matter, when was the last time there was a bayonet charge in a REAL war?

These people are laughable, at best. A little education would be a dangerous thing, and thank God they are sorely lacking in that education!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

A rifle (depending on the rifle) gets a muzzle brake for usefulness. I have never seen a barrel shroud on a rifle to be honest, I have seen muzzle brakes though.

I am sure that woman is educated to some point. Sadly it made her more dangerous and she has no clue what she is talking about and it shows drastically when she was asked.

The poor women would most likely freak out if she heard about the evil Dihydrogen monoxide . That stuff can kill you and it is in every household. Every year someone kills another person using the stuff. They should probably ban that as well.

Raist

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I've seen barrel shrouds on rifles. The reason seems to be that someone wants to make them LOOK "badder", as if they were some sort of machine gun (which have barrel shrouds for a good reason). It's purely a cosmetic thing, like most of the things they are trying to regulate.

That dihydrogen monoxide really IS some evil stuff. I had a friend several years ago when I was a kid who died from an overdose of it. He was literally swimming in the stuff...

I bought that shotgun years ago, during the Clinton Gun Ban. I then built it up to where I wanted it from the basic out of the box machine. I went down the list of parts banned for rifles, and added each one to the shotgun as I saw fit, because they were only banned for RIFLES, not shotguns. Now it has a pistol grip stock (full stock - didn't add a folder because over time they loosen up and provide a poor shooting platform), a barrel shroud, bayonet lug, ghost ring sights, etc.

You just never know when the thing might run dry in the heat of a Zombie Attack, and you'll want to run through one of those bayonet charges... I mean, especially since it doesn't have one of those EEVIL "High Capacity Ammunition Feeding Devices"...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I want a semi-auto pump 12 gauge for home protection. Just the basic tactical 12 gauge shotty.

Something like that is very useful down a hallway. If some how I do miss the indruder they will certainly get a scare from the loud bang and the sudden flash of light coming at them. I also do not have to worry about the projectiles going through them and through a wall harming someone not ment to be harmed.

After it is all said and done I then call the cops to come get the body out of my house.

Just have to get the money together to get one.

Raist

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It's almost strange that this guy couldn't get a hold of a european or even russian made gun. I believed the initial reports of the AK5(a sweedish military rifle) because of the countrys close proximity to norway. Heck, you would think that there would be some FAL's or anything russian...I mean the dude got around according to him. Maybe everyone thought he was narc or spy or both.lol.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
HEEEEEREEEEE WEEEE GOOOOO. any little thing that happens involving a gun and the anti gunners come out in force crying for stricter gun laws, im not sure where this rep is from but if anyone reading this is in her district do the nation a favor and VOTE HER OUT!!!!! shes trying to take away your rights. It irks me that they attack the guns so much, i know of a 49 yr old hard working mother who was killed last week by a lil wanna be gangbanger stabbed 30+ times and had her throat slit, a couple of months back another person was stabbed multiple times and killed, but not once have i heard anyone call out for making laws agianst knives but why shuld they??? tthey wuldnt be attacking our rights then. people like this rep disgust me

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
sorry i got to say this what a dumbass woman . the us WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE for this horrorific event if they had laws restricting clip size in norway then their customs should have seized his order . try ordering something not allowed in us see how fast it gets seized by customs. and remember guns with large clips don't kill ppeople.
PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE . trust me if homicide is on your brain you will find away to do it

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join