It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman: Norway gunman touted lax US gun laws

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Congresswoman: Norway gunman touted lax US gun laws

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON — The U.S. should be ashamed that its laws would allow high-capacity gun clips used in the Norwegian massacre to be sold and shipped overseas, says a New York congresswoman seeking to restrict use of such clips.

"There should be a lot of shame," Rep. Carolyn McCarthy told Politico. "We’re sending a death warrant to other parts of the world."

The Democrat commented after issuing a statement saying a 1,500-page manifesto by Anders Behring Breivik detailed how he used lax U.S. gun laws to help arm himself before killing 76 people in a gun and bomb attack in Norway.

Related News Links:
www.daylife.com
fuse.tv
newsupdate.info

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
My 2nd Amendment Rights as an American Citizen
The 2nd Amendment - The Truth
H.R. 2640: Another Dig At The 2nd Amendment?
Operation Fast and Furious: Designed to Promote Gun Control
edit on 29-7-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
And so it begins, yet another attempt at a strike on the 2nd amendment. I am unclear on the facts surrounding how an attack in Norway has anything to do with US gun laws. I mean, if anything, maybe "fast and furious" was a global program?

In my opinion the gun crap has to stop. We all get that people kill people. But the reason the guns got in the hands of that terrorist, had absolutely nothing to do with gun rights. He planned the whole thing out on the internet and yet not ONE PERSON caught on before it happened? That screams FF to me.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: I don't know how I screwed up my OP.

Planned Attack for Years

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by no time

I always though this Norway tragedy is a false flag to blame it on the gun laws, and yes even video games again

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by no time

To ban guns in the U.S. because of some nutjob in Oslo (or anywhere for that matter) would be akin to banning the wheel because someone got run over by a car.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by no time

it's up to Norway to police what gets imported to Norway. I don't think this is hard to understand.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Man that stinks!!

What a (female dog)... maybe if norway had guns, this could have been stopped sooner, rather than letting it go on for 90 minutes...

Is it true the cops dont even have guns?

I have to say though... If the military has it, civilians should be able to have it as well, why should the govt (forces) have an advantage over the civilian population... and they def got high cap mags

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by no time

Someone should tell that congresswoman that the USA has a whole lot to be ashamed of, & this ain't it. What a...nvm can't curse

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Carolyn McCarthy's mental masturbation has nothing to do with the fact we produce very few Hi-cap mags. We purchase and resell them from countries all over the world. And indeed they are available all over the world.

False Flag.

Govt con because Obama and Holder are about to get bent over in a jail cell if Operation Fast and Furious comes to fruit.

Go back and tell this witch her Obama master probably sold them along with 30,000 AK 47s

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Agreed. how many innocents will die because of fast and furious? Wouldn't those who signed off on that program be considered "terrorists?" Correct me if I am wrong here, but I do not think religious extremism is a requirement in order to be a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i am tired of this antigun nonsense and it is nonsense

who bought the gun? who bought the magazines? and they are called magazines only people who have no clue about weapons calls them "clips" and loaded them ? and who pulled the trigger?

Anders Behring Breivik thats who.

typical bs blame an object instead of the idiot who pulled the trigger.

those people need to get a life and stop acting like fascist nazis.
edit on 29-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Yes, if only all those kids had been armed. Really, it's their own fault they got gunned down, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by no time

it's up to Norway to police what gets imported to Norway. I don't think this is hard to understand.

I agree with the Fox. First time for everything

Edit: And the link in my sig is relevant.

edit on 7/29/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

reply to post by morder1

Yes, if only all those kids had been armed. Really, it's their own fault they got gunned down, isn't it?

I never said that... Im sure there arent 90 "kids" running around without any adults around... and even if thats so... Of course I dont say its the kids fault at all...

I mean im sure they guy knew he would have no resistance at all... Ever hear the expression "Criminals prefer un-armed victims" ?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
this does not surprise me one bit, for as the 2012 UN dead line approaches the more you will hear read see of this, for the US and the UN have one goal, take you right to defend your self with fire arms. Plain and simple. make it so hard, and so expensive that only the rich or ones with gov contracts will have them.
edit on 29-7-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Why do they keep electing idiots like this? New York should be ashamed of itself for keeping her in office.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Does anybody know how many times he reloaded his weapon?

I am curious.

If he had to reload twice as much, do you think that this would have changed his mind?

I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
oh yes i thought that name was familiar www.politico.com... she is one that feels a single shot rifle is to much, "if it has a bolt, is capable of more than one shot' then it must be banned", not all guns have bolts, but all have more than one shot capability. this is their thinking, even my muzzle loader is at risk of being band for it to has more than one shot use, what they think and feel safe with would be a laws type gun one shot and that is it get a new one for it can not be reloaded, sound like si fi well if it to be so i will make a bundle of cash.
one shot rifle, or pistol, use it once and throw it a way. Use it as a paper weight, wall decoration. It can not be reloaded nor fired a second time. Available in one cal only, comes with one shot ready to load , must by primer sold separately, not sold out side the US, conforms to UN ban guide lines. Must be 18 or older, sorry no COD, limit one per customer/ address. see i got it down pat but then the UN will see this and ban it as well, it was a good idea, if i say so my self.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Erm so this woman says the Norway massacre was down to and helped by the US and their manufacturing of weapons and weapon accessories??
So what about Operation Fast and Furious?? Where does she stand on that one?
Or this ripe one ? What about all the weapons the US Government and contractors makes then SELL abroad??
edit on 29/7/11 by DataWraith because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by morder1

No one said it was the victim's fault. I mean, we can both agree that the police shouldn't have to ask special permission from the chief to get a gun during an active shooter incident.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Leave "fast and furious" out of the argument. It is irrelevant.

If the clip is legal to export based on US law and if it is legal to import the clip, then no crime has been committed.

See how simple it is when you stick to the facts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join