It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Fast and Furious: Designed to Promote Gun Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Operation Fast and Furious: Designed to Promote Gun Control

townhall.com

"Internal ATF emails seem to suggest that ATF agents were counseled to highlight a link between criminals and certain semi-automatic weapons in order to bolster a case for a rule like the one the DOJ announced yesterday [Monday]."

Townhall has obtained the email which states
(visit the link for the full news article)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff512b6c702b.png[/atsimg]
edit on 15-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The email reads as follows

"Can you see if these guns were all purchased from the same FfL and at one time. We are looking at anecdotal cases to support a demand letter on long gun multiple sales. Thanks Mark R. Chait Assistant Director Field Operations."

We all figured that was the case as soon as we heard about this very stupid plan...
but now that liberal folly to forward their agenda has gone and killed two agents and god knows how many innocents down in Mexico... Well Obama and Holder have crossed the line this time... their back room underhanded dirty tactics have cost American lives... explain yourselves gentlemen! explain yourselves!
A quote from the June Issue read

Once again, liberals and the Obama Administration are focused on guns rather than criminals and federal government incomptence. Operation Fast and Furious is looking more and more like a set up from the beginning to push Obama and Holder's radical anti-Second Amendment agenda as they used law abiding gun shop owners to enable government officals to break the law, then turned around and blamed the very same gun shops for illegal gun trafficking, despite those shops being forced by ATF to help ATF agents carry out Operation Fast and Furious, and now, those shops are being punished through new Justice Department gun control measures. Obama and Holder both have long records of being outspoken opponents of gunrights and both support the reinstatement of the "assault" rifle ban, better described as a ban on semi-automatic rifles.

townhall.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: ADDING MORE STUFF

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Makes you wanna scream don't it!

As usual, the important factors, (the criminals and thugs themselves) are NOT the issue at hand.
And law abiding gun owners and sellers will bear the brunt of our Governments ignorant ideas and possibly illegally and unethically obtained laws.

WE HAVE TO TAKE A STAND NOW ON ALL OF THIS AND STOP OUR CROOKED GOVERNMENT FROM COMPLETELY ABOLISHING THE CONSTITUTION.

S&F
edit on 15-7-2011 by MrEuphoric1 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Once again, liberals and the Obama Administration are focused on guns rather than criminals and federal

so you are one of those #s that thinks that obama and his ass wipers decide something
your country has been sold and bought around 100 years ago

others are calling the shots

soon guns will be banned so that you can be eliminated without resistance
edit on 15-7-2011 by mariuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They are not banning guns or anything even close to it. In fact gun owners are getting more and more court cases decided in their favor.

And how again are they exactly destroying the Constitution? I always find it funny when someone disagrees with government policy the first thing they do is yell that their Constitutional rights are being stripped away.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mariuss

so you are one of those #s that thinks that obama and his ass wipers decide something
your country has been sold and bought around 100 years ago

Blink blink... whaaaa???
I think this link might be of use to you
6th Grade Sentance Structure

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

You made me spill my coffee from laughing at that one.

Now I have to brew more

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
They are not banning guns or anything even close to it. In fact gun owners are getting more and more court cases decided in their favor.

And how again are they exactly destroying the Constitution? I always find it funny when someone disagrees with government policy the first thing they do is yell that their Constitutional rights are being stripped away.

Lets not get distracted... this story really isn't about gun owner rights...
it is about how the Obama admin and DOJ issued an order to carry out this op... to forward their own agendas... breaking dozens of US and Mexican Laws along the way... and that decision to do this gunwalker... got people killed... that is the real story here

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

"Can you see if these guns were all purchased from the same FfL and at one time. We are looking at anecdotal cases to support a demand letter on long gun multiple sales. Thanks Mark R. Chait Assistant Director Field Operations."

This has become one hell of a convoluted mess. It's just like anything these days. A few bad apples ruin everything for those who have legal & legitimate reasons.

Pathetic.
This will only get worse...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

When a new policy and/or law in implemented, a portion of the right is taken away.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
bare you should change the OP image from [atsimg] to [img] that way there is a scroll bar so we can read the whole thing.

Maybe instead of banning guns and regulating everything to death they should do their fricken jobs... Obama is a gun grabber president plain and simple. He doesn't want us to have guns because guns = power and we shouldn't have any..
edit on 15-7-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well to stay on topic then I don't see this as anything more than them getting caught at something which is standard practice.

Reagan had the Iran-Contra situation and even FDR was supplying arms to Briton before America got into the war in that weird way he got around the law by saying it was legal to sell them if they paid cash and picked them up from America so it's not uncommon.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

This is what I've found along the lines:

Los Zetas - Kingpin: We brought guns directly from the US Govt:

www.prisonplanet.com...

This was the smoking gun and most people ignored it in the media; Argentina seized undeclared weapons and illegal substances on a US Military aircraft:

deadlinelive.info...

The CIA, Contras and Crack Cocaine:

www.albionmonitor.com...

The CIA & Afghanistan:

www.geopoliticalmonitor.com...

lukery.blogspot.com...

Afghani heroin has made it's deadly way on to Australian shores.....I want to know where the hell it came from and who brought it here:

www.opinion-maker.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hmm ... I'd say this email is the "smoking gun".

This insidious plan is becoming the biggest cover-up in recent history. Keep the spotlight on this issue.

I don't know how to post this pic. If someone can post it.
edit on 15-7-2011 by VAPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Reagan had the Iran-Contra

This was a bad thing?
Guns [For people who were killing each other anyway) for hostages [Which bought their Freedom)

even FDR was supplying arms to Briton before America got into the war in that weird way he got around the law by saying it was legal to sell them if they paid cash and picked them up from America so it's not uncommon.

This was a bad thing?
Considering we all know how NAZI Germany's history played out.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I never said they were bad I was merely using them as references that America has a long history of doing covert things in regards to arms. Who knows what else they've done that hasn't been found out yet.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Reagan had the Iran-Contra

This was a bad thing?
Guns [For people who were killing each other anyway) for hostages [Which bought their Freedom)

even FDR was supplying arms to Briton before America got into the war in that weird way he got around the law by saying it was legal to sell them if they paid cash and picked them up from America so it's not uncommon.

This was a bad thing?
Considering we all know how NAZI Germany's history played out.

Ah, but the Iran Contra was not used to create an environment to take away and/or restrict rights of the US citizen.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Neither was the one Obama got caught doing.

So like I said it's no worse than any other President who has done secretive stuff before.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Now wait a second, by allowing the multiple gun sales and then turning around to legislate the selling of guns based on their actions is not a gun grab? Common sense [I know so rare it's like having a super power] tells me that you would have denied the sales in the begining. Instead of creating the very crisis that the ATF was supposed to prevent! The gun dealers were going by the book and following ATF instructions not just selling the guns to make a buck! Puts the administrations border and gun policies into question. Not to mention that the whole debacle proved that the various intelligence agencies still are not sharing intel. The FBI was using one of the buyers as a informant without the ATF knowing!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

And how are they legislating the sales of guns now in relation to this?

Is there new information that they've passed since I've been away?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join