It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman: Norway gunman touted lax US gun laws

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
?????? Who needs U.S. made guns? Just buy more fertilizer correct?

That, or go to Mexico to buy guns. After we ban them here, they'll show up there,correct?

Are we CLEAR?

Fricking control freaks irritate me to no end. But SHE gets a great pension and medical the rest of her life.

Us? Shadddup and hope we don't get sick and keep our jobs.

The arrogance.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So genius, what is it you want to shoot when you are producing guns to sell to conflict areas? I'll forget who started the conflicts to let you keep half your dignity.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by pshea38

I was pretty sure you were a space cadet with your completely insane theory.. but after seeing that you don't know what the U.S. looks like and think it resembles a rounded island I'm certain of it..

tell me something though...

what do you see here:

I see a bulldog driving an open top racer with fins.
Am I ok Doc?..,Come on man, You gotta tell me!....Am I ok?

You don't see the resemblance of Utoya to the shape of North America? Really?
I know only half the picture i last posted was showing.
If it is unclear. Rotate the image below 90 degrees clockwise, and Voila,
You have the main body of the U.S. (without Alaska and Florida).
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd3819c95785.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by pshea38

Just to note..

The shooting isn't alleged.. Anders however is the alleged shooter.

Everything is alleged and contrived.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
reply to post by macman

Nevermind. There is a big distance between the two of us. If we really want to understand each other, we would have to tame each other. Since your avatar frightens me, you should start.

No, really, your sentence fragments are gibberish to me.
Please restate and I will respond.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by macman

So genius, what is it you want to shoot when you are producing guns to sell to conflict areas? I'll forget who started the conflicts to let you keep half your dignity.

I, Macman, started no such conflict.
The use of a firearm is solely up to the individual holding it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

It's not Gibberish, it is Dada. When there is no sense in anything and the world tumbles down, then the only logical language is Dadaism. This thread is full of it. You yourself use it. Simply Dadaism. Helplessness at its tall.

You don't want to talk, you just want to be right. Hey, man, you are! In this sense at least.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Siddharta because: Had to make a point there.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Too bad Norway doesn't have more guns in citizens hands. Someone might have shot this guy before he could have harmed so many people.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I don't know if I should even reveal this.. someone might try to lock me up haha, but the first thing I saw was a devil face/head in the middle with a doorway mouth.

edit on 29-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I don't know if I should even reveal this.. someone might try to lock me up haha, but the first thing I saw was a devil face/head in the middle with a doorway mouth.

Why would anyone lock you up for seeing that in Rors...RED TEAM GO, RED TEAM GO!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Haha. And i am the space cadet. All i see is a little fluffy bulldoggiewoggie driving
a cool, fast speeder.
What's good is bad, my man. What's good is bad.
And all i have said, is true.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

Haha.. I just put that because I knew the guy I posted it to would have a remark like below your post with my disclosure, however I think what I see is pretty clear and obvious.

and to Pshea.. no you are far from right. I think you are trolling because your theory is so weak it's ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Sure, I'll disarm. Right after the every military in the world does. What, that's never gonna happen? Oh well. I'm not gonna trust anyone that says "Come on, give up your best means of self defense. I pinky swear I won't take advantage of the fact that I can now murder entire towns with no resistance next time we disagree on something."

And massacres like this are being twisted into anti-gun BS when they should be used as prime examples of why law abiding citizens should be allowed, even encouraged to own firearms. It doesn't matter where the gun came from, the fact is this guy had one and no one could do a damn thing about it except wait till he ran out of bullets. Just because people who obey the law give up their guns, you think the criminals can't get them?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

No, you're blaming the victim. Whenever one of you "gun culture" sorts clucks your tongues and wags your fingers about "Tsk, tsk, if only they'd been armed!" that is blaming the victim. It's absolutely no different than saying a woman deserved to get raped because she was wearing makeup. Maybe you're not judging the assailant to be innocent, but you are very much giving the victims a share of the blame for being victimized. It's a statement that the victim brought it upon themselves.

This was a summer camp. Summer camp is not the sort of outing where one typically bears a small army's worth of weaponry, is it? It is, in fact, pretty unreasonable to expect everyone in the world to be packing heat "just in case," and it is unreasonable to chide them for not doing so.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
If this happened in Texas, it wouldn't have happened. he would have gotten a couple.. but then his body would have been riddled with bullets.

Of course, you cowboys are the coolest. You simply could forget the Charles Whitman #, because you are so cool, I guess.

For your information in the Charles Whitman case he was limited in the number of people he could shoot because he was brought under fire by police AND civilians.

Around 20 minutes later, once Whitman began facing return fire from the authorities and armed civilians who had brought out their personal firearms to assist police, he used the waterspouts on each side of the tower as gun ports, allowing him to continue shooting largely protected from the gunfire below but also greatly limiting his range of targets.

en.wikipedia.org...

Texas good old boys do shoot back.
edit on 29-7-2011 by ANNED because: 439563

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

and he was sniping from a tower, not walking around.

he would have been toast sooner if he had been.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
i think the US should stay outta other peoples noses.

whatever happened in norway, happened for a reason..don't just try and blame a WEAPON(GUN) or CLIPS and then try and make it a big thing here about out gun laws or mags.

honestly i think who doesnt have a weapon/gun in the US should go out and buy one cause i have the feeling one day theyre gonna try and take guns away from the people ME, YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What's a clip?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crapspackle

I would like to introduce you to reality where you not only still have your guns, you have more gun freedom than you have had in over a decade under a Democratic president. I do not worry about what people rail about in speeches as much as I worry about the reality of what they do. Gun laws have gotten looser, not tighter. Get over it.

Precisely which gun laws have gotten "looser" as a result of having a democrat in office?

The single most draconian gun law in recent memory, the Clinton Gun Ban, was passed under a democrat, and allowed to sunset under a nominal republican.

So which gun laws are we talking about here having been "loosened" by Obama? I'm ready for my "introduction to reality". Bring it on.

RE: the OP - Carolyn McCarthy is hardly any sort of authority on anything related to firearms. This is the same woman who thinks a barrel shroud is "that thing that flips up over your shoulder". She hasn't a clue as to which end wags and which end bites, and this pronouncement by her is no different. When one speaks on an issue, it generally helps to have some idea of what one is talking about.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicketyCricket
What's a clip?

Something you keep your money in if you're rich and want to be stylish.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join