It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President 2024

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I simply acknowledged your point and decided not to comment on it. I acknowledge your reasoning, I may not agree with it but how about putting the patriot act to a vote by the people now that its been in place for awhile.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm almost dissapointed that you are not running now, tired of both parties and pretty much all politicians in general.

Tell you what, all males in my immediate family are ex military including myself. My family has been working for the country in one way or another for a while. If you get rid of the ignorant policy where a government organization does not spend money then they do not get it the next year I will be happy (we should not penalize people for not spending money). All that does is encourage everyone to blow whatever money they have left on things not needed. After all people in charge are expected to produce results and they may need that money the next year in order to accomplish their job.

In it's place, if a study is done to determine a budget slightly over what is expected to be needed for every government organization to cover unexpecteds. Ensure that all organizations know they will be authorized that same budget year to year. Then inform them that they will be authorized to provide something like10% of any money they save the government as a whole as cash awards to their people and award them.

If you provide all government agencies and organizations a vested interest in saving money, instead of penalizing them for not spending all their money, I garrauntee all organizations and agencies would find ways to save a lot of money. Even if we are giving away 10% of the savings that still leaves the 90% we never had before. This deficit would never have happened if this was implemented a few years ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rinowilli

That may be so, but isn't it still better to know exactly where your taxes are going and to have them go towards something good rather than another war?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Do what i do and try to ignore it. Eventually it should go awake as long as you can completely shut it out of your mind. keep yourself busy don't talk about it to friends, don't talk to it, just completely clear it from your mind.

If it physically harms you then without complaining about it or making a plan about it leave the house drive to the nearest church and get help. I'm in no way religious in fact I mainly frown upon organized religion but there are just some things that you can't tackle on your own. And for the love of whatever you worship don't put up a camera have a few laughs and taunt it...this isn't a movie you are not a stunt double, you can get hurt. There are things in this world that can hurt you that not even your god can protect you from. The sooner people realize that the better prepared society will be for this kind of thing.

This is from one of your other posts. So you are saying that you have visits from spirits and have to ignore it? You believe that you are haunted?

Also you don't believe in God and you want to be the President of a nation based on God?

So you are haunted and don't believe in God? How many people you think will vote for you?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1977

I would love to run now but that darn age limitation. I won't be 35 until 2024. I don't see what a difference the next few years will make. Sure I'll get older and wizer than I am, but it hasn't seemed to help those who are currently in charge.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Interesting question. You want us to name issues and what you would do about them.

We can safely assume that in 2024 not only will none of the current economic issues still exist in their current form. Some problems may have completly dissapeared, some may have escalated.

I assume you intend to run as an independant. The two party system needs to be thrown out. It's detrimental to what both sides are trying to acheive and it often conflicts with the countries overall best interests.

I'm sure there will still be many things still wrong with the world, and America in 2024. I'll bet you anything Cannabis will still be 'illegal', corrupt lawyers and judges will still be raking in millions in their ongoing parental alienation custody racket and we will all still be paying huge taxes to finance the bone-idle scum class.

My question is what would you add? What would you do to improve the country? assuming all problems are gone. It's a perfect world in 2024... What do you do? how do you 'lift the bonnet' and improve it if it's working fine when handed over to you? No debts, no unemployment, no war on terror or drugs or any such pish. All the religious folk went away in 2012, nobodys crazy anymore, taxes are low, life is good. Aaah.

Now justify your existence Mr President. Think of something fun and cool for us to all do, or you're fired !

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fuzzy0087

If solar roads would supply more energy than is currently used, and give us all free energy, this would be a wonderful idea for people to get behind!!! Expect the corporations and their propaganda machines to fight you tooth and nail.

Here's where it gets sticky... This will immediately become a political issue where people will not "believe" in it, because their favorite political talking head will denounce it, and claim it is in fact *insert new negative term implying anti-American sentiment here* - this will happen because the corporate lobbyists don't want free energy to happen. Your wonderful idea, which would benefit everyone in the country, will suddenly become a political hot potato and you won't be able to get the congress to pass any legislation to make it happen. Not only that, they will make it their mission to undermine any other ideas you might have, good or bad. You aren't kow-towing to the lobbyists, but it won't matter, because the folks you have to work with will.

*Sigh*

I hate to be so cynical, but I have seen it time and time again.

edit on 28-0720117-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: Clarify

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

There are alot of things I try to ignore, And it is possible to not be religious and still be tolerant of anothers religion. And I didn't mention being haunted in the traditional sense did I? Yes I've seen some crazy stuff, but its random and I ignore it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

Well he is haunted by ghosts, doesn't believe in the Constitution or religion so it should be quite an experience to see him run.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm currently going to start going through your post history to find something to disqualify you for President so would you like to admit anything now before it's leaked to the press?

You know, kinda diffuse something before it blows up. I'll give you a few minutes.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

If the world is that good by 2024 I wouldn't have any need to be president. But since it doesn't look like that will happen I might as well start planning now. As for fun stuff to do in a perfect world..how about terraforming mars and other planets to the point of being habitable for human life.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
You sound like a good kid but you really need to watch what you say. Statements like the following will disqualify you immediately if they ever get out.

"Ok I'm all for Humans are not from earth...But come on. A fifth grader could come up with a more believable argument than our bones shouldn't break. This was absolutely the biggest pile of compacted # I have ever read here.

Der, humans aren't from here cause our bones break, der der der.

I tell ya what, let me punch you as hard as i can in the chest and we will see if your bones still break. cause we are both human and gravity should have nothing to do with it if we break eachothers bones.

I'm sure on our "Homeworld" the results will be the same you idiotic twat."---Fuzzy

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Its fine, find what you want, but for the second time, never said haunted by ghosts. For all here who wants to know stuff that isn't posted in previous posts.

I tried pot once, didn't like it never tried again.
For many years of my youth I did not, and partially still don't trust the government to have our best interests in mind. This is part of why I'm running.
I got in a car accident once
I'm not religious, my view is that if religion doesn't bother me I don't bother it, to each their own.
I'm addicted to chocolate.
I spend time reading or exercising when not at work
I've tried time traveling before.

Not exactly much to disqualify me I guess. And actually I just read through many of my posts and they all seem quite patriotic to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Because I pointed out stupidity? That disqualifies me?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Because you are bringing up the fact that you believe we may be from another world. That will be twisted into unimaginable things by your opposition to make you sound like a looney tune.

Plus being on record using that type of language is not good whatsoever. I'm just pointing this out so you are aware of it and keep a squeaky clean record from now on as anything you every say or write that's recorded will be dug up and used against you.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Interesting thread... though I live in Australia, I’m also a US citizen, and always post an away vote in elections, so future presidents are a topic of interest for me.

There are issues that I have with some of your points, but before getting into in-depth discussions on your stance on various policies, I would like to know what experience you have in politics? It's just that in order to move in political circles, there is a lot of networking that has to be achieved. Also, are you independently wealthy, and intend to fund your own campaign?

Outside of those questions, have you actually looked into the feasibility of "Solar Roads", beyond an interesting thought experiment? I know a bit about Solar Panel technology, since I have links with the photovoltaics faculty at our university (one of the most respected in the world), and the cost and delicacy of panels would mean you would need more than a slight tax increase to see the idea executed, not even considering maintenance. Beyond that, there isn’t currently the industrial capacity to make such a huge amount of solar panels for an entire countries' road network, or to make them tough enough to have trucks roll over them, and the fabrication of them is actually not particularly environmentally friendly.

This raises the other point of electric cars... while they seem environmentally friendly on one level, the creation and disposal of spent batteries is a huge environmental issue that there is no real solution for at the moment, on such a large scale. It is arguable that replacing all fossil fuel cars with electric cars would see a much worse environmental problem than we currently have; more research really needs to be done on this.

One final point with the scheme is the idea of wireless electricity... while it has been achieved, the levels of radiation are very high, and there is a worry that the technology we use for it currently would pretty much fry us all. Do you have any comments on this?

Just some of the serious questions you will have to answer in a campaign for president.

Nice thread!
Cheers

edit on 29-7-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

Interestingly, Frank Zappa was going to run for president (with some amazing political ideas) and fund his own campaign when he died of a particularly fast growing form of prostate cancer... conspiracy?... you decide. I would have voted for him!
edit on 29-7-2011 by puzzlesphere because: Fixed grammar - added another point

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Then you must also advocate making the rich pay more for goods and services, proportional to their own wealth? A person making $18k a year pays a buck for a pack of Ramen, someone making $180k a year pays ten?

'Cause otherwise a flat percent tax places a much greater burden on the poor; the only way to "equalize" under cuch a standard of taxation is thus to fix prices to the same standard.
edit on 29/7/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

We dont know were our tax dollars go now......And the last War went on a credit card....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFoxThen you must also advocate making the rich pay more for goods and services, proportional to their own wealth? A person making $18k a year pays a buck for a pack of Ramen, someone making $180k a year pays ten?

'Cause otherwise a flat percent tax places a much greater burden on the poor; the only way to "equalize" under cuch a standard of taxation is thus to fix prices to the same standard.
edit on 29/7/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

You have obviously never owned or operated a business. Pricing is the purview of the proprietor not the government.

I run a dairy and milk costs the same to produce per gallon regardless of income of the individual that consumes it.

Personally, I do care about the poor and unfortunate - when I started out naively I tried to donate some portion of my product to the local food bank but because of government intervention and their "concern for the people" - I simply can't. To meet the requirements for donating it would cost me about 100k construction and overhead to meet the "regulations" required to provide milk for human consumption. I sell bulk wholesale to a collector who pasteurizes it and meets the regulations.

This is how the government screws everything up. I drink raw whole unpasteurized milk every day (from the same cows in the same containers I was going to donate), if its good enough for me an my family its good enough for the poor, man drank raw whole milk from the dawn of time until recently and we have done ok so far. Many people prefer it that way actually - I sell directly to a good many people who do anyway but I have to mark the bottles with a label "for animal consumption only" to avoid the milk police.

Anyway, if a homeless dude or a family came to me hat in hand and wanted some milk I'd probably give them some but then again because these are the very individuals most likely to sue me I might not. To risk all I have worked to build because of the "government's concern for the people" and their regulations to help some people out seems a heavy burden.

I do not ask a person’s income when they come to buy however, that is silly.

edit on 29/7/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
vote mike lopez hes has plans to make water more abundant and increase fish populations world wide and he knows that because you cant hold a millionth of a penny they dont exzist as well as safer mean of travel
edit on 29-7-2011 by obzerver because: misspellation

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join