It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President 2024

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Americans of ATS,

I'm running for president in 2024. I would run now but, alas, I am to young to legally run. But that isn't stopping me from gaining support for when the time comes. I'm your average joe working full time, school full time, and father full time. I'm a workaholic who simply wants to see true change. I have plans that I'm currently having republicans and democrats look at within my community to see how each side wil react to them. I've gained support not only within my state but also in small groups in other states. While I say I've got a good start I realize that to get voted in I will need much more support.

I realize that to go down as a decent president in America's history I need to have a greater affect on other blue color workers and not on lobbyists. So name and Issue and I'll let you know what I plan to do about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fuzzy0087

lol 2024? If your country can survive the next 8 years more power to you, as I can appreciate why it would be easier to focus on the future I would argue to organize for this election. Ron Paul could use your help.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If the United States still exists, sure I'll vote for you.

Like it would matter anyway

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I just want to say that if you are as serious as your message would seem to indicate, good for you! I'm not sure I'd bet on your odds, but it's because of those odds that I respect your attitude all the more. Our nation would not exist if people with an attitude similar to yours hadn't found like minded folk and decided to work toward it together......a bit over 200 years ago. I do wish you good luck either way!

edit on 28-7-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyinawareness

With the ammount of weaponry in the hands of the people, this country will survive even if the current government falls lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
.....Good for you!

Democrat or Republican?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What would be your party platform?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm smack in the middle myself, I would probably want a little of both sides but they would depends on how the country changes between now and then.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sounds interesting and goodluck, but I'll be voting for Miley Cyrus in 2024.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuzzy0087
reply to post by beezzer

I'm smack in the middle myself, I would probably want a little of both sides but they would depends on how the country changes between now and then.

Then I may have an issue with you. Sorry, no offense.

What are your values, then. They should not change based on where the country might be. Your core values should define who you are, and what you believe in.
edit on 28-7-2011 by beezzer because: h

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

values depend on the issue,

I'm against abortion personally and I feel there should be more options for those who don't want the child
I'm completely against amnesty for illegal immigrants and feel that true national security should start with our borders.
Rather than continue using fossil fuels I think the whole country should be switched to electric by way of a solar roads program paid for by the taxpayers in exchange for free or near free electricity.
I feel that science and technology is the foundation of advancment for a country, that entails not stopping the space program at NASA. Why spend billions on a war that the majority of Americans don't want only to stop American dominance in space.

Any specific issue that your interested in?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Flat tax?
Patriot Act?
The Constitution?
Foreign Policy?
Gay marriage?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Good for you! How about the issue of outsourcing jobs offshore as well as using H1 Visa contractors. I lost a job a few years ago when my whole team was laid off, and for the next two years worked as a contractor, until I was able to get a full time job again. The whole time I was contracting, I was surrounded by H1 workers rotating in and out on six month contracts. Both of the VERY large companies I contracted for during this time appeared to have adopted a business model of laying off most of their employees and replacing them with a combination of offshore offices and mostly H1 Visa contractors. Since the company policies limited contract extentions to a grand total of eighteen months before the contractor had to leave for at least six months, this resulted in constant turnover and training, ridiculous lengths of time to develop software, disasterously over-budget and over-deadline projects, but that all must have been offset by the reduction of cost to support the workforce because it didn't look like either company planned on changing the model any time in the foreseeable future. There were plenty of qualified US workers who want these jobs, they are IT jobs. Oh yes, the offshore workers had next to zero accountability. The one company would fly workers here, housed them in an apartment down the street, send them back on a whim, to work at the offshore office. One gal I worked with for a few months got sent back suddenly and she told me their connections were ridiculously slow at the offshore office and they could hardly do anything. But you better believe they billed 40 hours a week. Once she went offshore, we never saw any code from her again, but she stayed on the project's capital expenditures and submitted 40 hours/week.

Whatcha gonna do so I'll vote for you?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I would love for you to represent all the blue color workers....but who are they? Gonna be difficult to be president if you can't spell. I would not vote for someone who doesnt proofread, just sayin.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Flat tax? I prefer a percentage tax for both rich and poor paying a percentage of what they make. That way by comparison it is more even across the board.

Patriot Act? I see it as an unconstitutional act fueled by fear of terrorist attack.

The Constitution? Its the constitution. Its the most important document of the American people. More sacred to me than any holy book. Its the very foundation on which the nation was..well founded. It should be memorized in schools much like the alphabet. On a side note, I veiw burning of the American flag by "Americans" an act of treason.

Foreign Policy? Import less, export more. Otherwise let the countries do as they will as long as it doesn't negatively affect the States in any way.

Gay marriage? Who are we as mortals to judge with whom another gets married. We are not gods.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Would the percentage of tax levied against the wealthy and the poor be the same?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

With unemployment being a huge issue I would strip tax breaks for companies who send work overseas or bring in workers from other countries. There are too many people out of work to allow such things to happen. I would also do whatever I could to bring a stop to illegal immigration into this country as I see it as a potential threat to the economy and national security.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
.....So Democrat or Republican?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That would be the best way to make them all equals.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rinowilli

I wouldn't run as either. I'm in the middle and open to the suggestions of both sides. Each has good points and bad. When you join a party your own values are monitored and scrutinized to the point that you second guess yourself for the sake of your parties approval.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join