It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President 2024

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuzzy0087
reply to post by beezzer

That would be the best way to make them all equals.

Then you may have my vote.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fuzzy0087

holy S&%@!...had to give a star to that one! So just tell me you respect what John Adams said by fearing the two party system and you running as an independent and my vote is all yours!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks, I'm going to need luck. I've noticed alot of people have paid more attention to what my plans are with taxes than anything else.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Taxes are important.

If you're free market, then you would subscribe to an individualist mindset.

If you espouse keynesian economics, then you're more than likely a progressive.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rinowilli

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. No reason to fear what we ourselves have created...except a nuclear bomb, should probably be afraid of that.

But seriously, Its not so much the system that is wrong but more who is running the system. They argue about the budget yet they don't fix it. I have to budget, you have to budget, every American has to budget. And most of us can do it without going in the whole. They need to sit down, look at where the money is going, and decide where they can cut what they don't need. Thats what a budget is.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Do away with the baseless Medieval belief in the "free market" meaning corporate money grabbers steer society towards collapse. Try to install a more humane society. Adam Smith was an autistic madman and had many critics. See what money was for the America Revolution - paper money simply to measure goods and services sold. It is that simple. Individual freedoms were promised and we got corporate freedom in exchange. The Fed must be nationalized and placed under congress' control...
Enough?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Grrrrreat! So far you have my vote! I'm watching your platform develop through your answers to the other issues, as well, so far so good.

I'm concerned with the fact that we don't produce many of our own goods in this country any more, including growing our own food. I worry about becoming too dependent on any other country for our needs. I'm concerned with our aging infrastructure. I think this is unsustainable in the long term. How would you address these concerns?

Ah, just realized you already answered the part about our dependence on oil with your "solar road" concept (me likey!). Sorry, removing that bit from above.
edit on 28-0720117-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: OP already addressed part of my issues, so removed that bit.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

.....Amen....So why not start at the top? What do members of congress and the senate make annualy? When cuts are made, are their salaries envolved? I'd be willing to bet the dollar I have to borrow that they still will get theirs, and all their nice benefits while the rest of us suffer....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

How can you claim the Patriot Act is Unconstitutional when the Supreme Court said it's not? Sounds like you don't know your Constitution at all and just grab talking points out of it to make the public think your knowledgable.

Are you saying the President should overrule the Supreme Court?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I actually have thought long about the oil dependency, I see this planet as the only one we CURRENTLY have. We need to take care of it and if the technology exists for us to get rid of oil then we need to utilize it for the planets sake.

And for this I plan to raise taxes slightly...before I lose all your votes just follow me here. Using the raise in taxes I will have solar roads built overtop of the existing roads and sidewalks across the country. And then I will supply every hospital, school, business, factory, and home with free energy. After all I'm not running for big oil companies backing me up, I'm running for the American people. Solar roads will supply more electricity than is currently being used.

This also affects fuel. With recent advancements with wirelessly transmitting electricity, electric cars will dominate the roadways. Just imagine, antennas along the roadside sending energy to an antenna on your vehicle for free. Not only will this clean up the environment it will put more money into the pockets of consumers. This will then improve the economy as people will spend more on other things rather than fuel.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

.....You have me thinking here, what are your plans to decrease our foreign dependancy on oil? And what are your thoughts about the major oil companies making BANK every quarter while Americans struggle daily to find funds for fuel?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

200 hundred years ago it was ok to hunt witches because a select few said it was ok. Would we not over rule that decision now?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted my response to this question right above where you ask this question.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by kro32

200 hundred years ago it was ok to hunt witches because a select few said it was ok. Would we not over rule that decision now?

So your saying it's ok for the President to overrule the Supreme Court even though the Constitution says they are the final law of the land?

Doesn't sound like you care much for the Constitution and I seriously doubt your a true American.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

saw that......but why raise taxes? Instead use your idea towards creating jobs in our unstable market.....

...and like my previous post, start at the top....make cuts, you probably wont get far by wanting to raise taxes

edit on 28-7-2011 by rinowilli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The reason for the tax raise and using that to pay for the solar roads out of the governments pocket is simply because I don't want to replace the oil giants with electric giants who are now making billions in profits by selling the electricity. I want it to be "free" even if it means a slight raise in taxes to be able to afford its construction and maintinance. I'm sure it would create many jobs. After all someone has to actually build enough solar road panels to accomodate an entire country of roads and sidewalks.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I had edited my question because I realized you had already responded to somebody regarding oil, but I am really glad you expanded on your earlier answer. I like this solar road idea a lot. Is this an actual technology that has been tested, or an idea that you have of something you think we could do?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You will notice him dodging my question because he backed himself into a corner and now can't get out. I'm afraid that if you let someone on ATS do that you won't stand much of a chance against people that do this for a living.

You should save your money and not run in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

The idea is there but the funding is not. There are many websites with information on Solar Roads. It just doesn't have the funding for it to be put to use yet, which is what the taxes are for.

Solar Roads

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The reason for the tax raise and using that to pay for the solar roads out of the governments pocket is simply because I don't want to replace the oil giants with electric giants who are now making billions in profits by selling the electricity. I want it to be "free" even if it means a slight raise in taxes to be able to afford its construction and maintinance. I'm sure it would create many jobs. After all someone has to actually build enough solar road panels to accomodate an entire country of roads and sidewalks.

....well sorry, but if your taxing it, its not free, just sayin

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join