It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: "Default Is Coming"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

He did not "cave to the banks."

The votes in the Senate were not there for a full audit....he got the best he could get or it was nothing at all.,,,and just doing that wasn't easy. Those actions however did reveal that 16 trillion was given from the Fed to various foreign banks and corporations.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Most of 'em don't even seem to realize that his economic positions are taken for his own economic benefit; He has more invested in gold mines than any other member of congress,

I didn't know this....reminds me of Cantor and his hedge bet for default.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Originally posted by DeVIAS
When the economy collapses and can't afford to eat....

Why wait...Eat a Default Bar..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59a95eaa4989.jpg[/atsimg]
mmmmm default bar...

the default bar has rocks in it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Another question, All these billionairs who dodge the taxes by putting their money in overseas accounts. GEE, no wonder EUROPE has free medical, free this and that. Because they can. ALL THAT MONEY they have stuck in their banks. WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THAT?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Because it's not true.

Europe's economic strength comes from the fact that Europe, one, still makes thing, two, regards labor as a resource rather than a liability, and three, is formed into an openly-trading union.

The US only has that last one... and even that doesn't count for much since the states are little more than Gubernatorial districts.

All that money from the billionairres? That stuff goes to tiny Caribbean banks, Switzerland (which is not a part of the EU) and la ng investments in Latin America.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
doooom is always JUST around the corner..

Bring it..

Hi,

I heard there making a Doom II movie.

Maybe they wont have to.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Guys, guys, guys!

The more people in Congress doing the right thing, the better.

Bickering amongst ourselves is counterproductive.

Ron Paul can beat Sanders up anyway

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by cloaked4u

Because it's not true.

Europe's economic strength comes from the fact that Europe, one, still makes thing, two, regards labor as a resource rather than a liability, and three, is formed into an openly-trading union.

Europe's economic strength???? Have you guys read any newspapers in the last say 3-4 years?

Or is Europe now confined to Germany?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
We all know the dollar is collapsing and our fiat currency is actually worthless now. So recently Ive started calling dollars "pebbles", cuz I might as well be using rocks for monitary exchange. Its funny to see the look on the coner store clerks face when I ask, "How many pebbles is this redbull?"

side note: ~emaildogs~ That piture of you pit with his ears back kinda makes him look like a seal.

(dont make him get me, please)

edit on 29-7-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

That's funny because Seals bark too.

Oh and he won't bite Ron Paul supporters, I've trained him better.
edit on 29-7-2011 by emaildogs because: Sp

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There will not be default of the debt. The president can raise the debt limit because the the 14th amendment gives him the authority to do so. He doesnt need congress's approval.

There will be no hyper inflation that is claimed by people here every other day.

People still believe Paul ? An exercise in futility?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Great. So Obama's about to declare his dictatorship powers based on the most abused amendment in the Constitution. The same amendment that gives corporations and anchor babies all the rights of a citizen. I find it humorous that people still think there is a difference between Democrats and Republicans or Bush and Obama. And that guy talking about the strength of the European economy? Had me gripping my belly I was laughing so hard. You guys are too much.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If the right wing republicans think they had sewn default in the bag, with the rich escaping taxes and americans screwed as well as the president ostracized as a dictator, think again.

All the president needs to do is to seek for a plebiscite or a referendum, where everyone votes, taking full responsibility, instead of the mere corporatists bootlicking right wingers shoving their middle fingers up to americans.

I am sure americans will vote for a debt ceiling. Adults can starve, but americans love kids and respect the aged, will NEVER let them starve unlike the rich elites.

We cannot change the past, but we can still determine our future, where wealth can and must be egalitarianly shared, pulling and helping everyone up so that none gets left behind.

Good luck to all.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Show me a shred of evidence that suggests:
a)Democrats are not as bootlicking to elites as Republicans
b) babies will starve if congress doesn't cave in to scare tactics
c)that congress has never failed to pass a budget before

The whole thing is about paying bondholders and creditors. In other words, Obama is doing what he can to ensure that the elites get paid. Get over the Republican/Democrat thing. Any rational, thinking person not controlled by his biological primate urge to be loyal to their alpha male and tribe, can see that both parties are controlled by the same entities.Some of the individual special interests vary, but neither party does anything to benefit joe blow American. This penny ante scare tactic BS worked to get the Patriot Act passed. And it will probably work to get this crap passed too.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

You are right. The two party system is corrupt and they both serve their corporate masters. The average American doesn't matter. The banksters will get paid and that's really what this whole debt nonsense is about.
Nobody will starve. The old people will get their checks. They want to scare eveyone because their elitist friends want to make sure they get their money.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Another question, All these billionairs who dodge the taxes by putting their money in overseas accounts. GEE, no wonder EUROPE has free medical, free this and that. Because they can. ALL THAT MONEY they have stuck in their banks. WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THAT?

Sorry but thats a insane comment.
Yes We do have better social security than the US, but We also pay to have that "Luxury". I still have to pay for medecine and such, but if something should happen hospital treatment is "free". I live in Denmark I currently pay 39% tax + 8% "AMB" thats 47% of my income payed to taxes. What's your taxrate....30%? In other words i payed for my medical security in the taxsystem, You have to make some kind of insurance right?...but atleast You have the choice to say i never get sick so i dont need security (allthou that would suck if your hit by a car).

Anyways our taxmadness dosent stop there. We also got a VATrate of 25% (saletax), isent it 5-10% in the US? This efficiently makes tradeing more expensive....also when i need to buy medecine.

Just because some rich USdude got money in a european bank, dosent mean that i as a european citizen can use that money. It might be that the bank holding the cash, can do something with it...dunno im not alot into economics. If the bank made some profit with these money it would be the stockholders of the bank and not the public who would benefit.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Its simple.

Democrats
- I wont want to cut public programs, mediacare, social security we need these. We need to tax the rich and end the tax breaks the bush government gave them

Republicans
- We will not increase the tax the rich pay, because they are our friends. Unless you raise the debt level and let us continue paying off our friendsand stop paying the people, the country will default and we will blame you. Say, when is the next election?

We seriously need to send some people to the gallows!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join