It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: "Default Is Coming"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Ron Paul: "Default Is Coming"

www.realclearpolitics.com

Rep. Paul also talks about how the devaluing of the U.S. has led to record prices in gold bullion.

"Default is coming. The only argument that's going on now is how to default, not send the checks out or just print the money. In all countries our size, they always print the money," Paul said.

"They're going to raise the debt limit, and then they're going to print the money, and then they'll default by inflation, and that's much more dangerous than facing up to the facts of what's happening today."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Get ready folks hyperinflation is just around the corner. America is bankrupt. They will print more money and devalue the dollar. It's a good time to convert dollars to useful goods that will still be worth something when the dollar turns to toilet paper.

They are all corrupt and useless in Washington. All this talk about reducing the debt but nobody is talking about reducing the military spending. How about closing some of the 1000 or so military bases around the planet, that would save some money right? The cold war is over we have no reason to have all these bases. The Military Industrial Complex is very powerful in America. Nobody wants to stop the highly profitable business of war.

I say bring it on now, it will be worse later if they print more money. It would just kick the can down the road a bit and at the end of the road we would not like what we see.

www.realclearpolitics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yes and ML is coming. Bank on that as 100% accurate. Contingencies in the wind, scary #...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A default. Now in IMAX.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When the economy collapses and can't afford to eat....

Why wait...Eat a Default Bar..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Heres a good vid of his concerns on this.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
doooom is always JUST around the corner..

Bring it..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
Yes and ML is coming. Bank on that as 100% accurate. Contingencies in the wind, scary #...

What is ML, I can't figure it out, usually can deduce these things, but not today.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeVIAS
When the economy collapses and can't afford to eat....

Why wait...Eat a Default Bar..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59a95eaa4989.jpg[/atsimg]
mmmmm default bar...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Default is coming but not on August 2.

Whatever these yahoos in DC decide at this point doesn't matter. The US credit rating will suffer no matter the form of the "deal".

Our country's only hope was if one of those bozo's (who had the MSM's attention - like Boehner) would have gotten gut level honest with the American people and told it as it is; loud and clear and as repeatedly as possible. BE HONEST.

But they're all too concerned with their political careers (elite backers/ill informed electorate) and playing their political games.

If you have good character then you're honest. If you're selfish and self centered then you wheel and deal and run the country into the ground. I appreciate Ron Paul's honesty.

When you must take out another credit card to cover the interest on a maxed out credit card and mortgage on your house you are just delaying the inevitable.

Mr O just wants to get reelected. He couldn't a rat's rear end about our culture or our representative democracy. The rest of them are just pathetic.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
When it doesn't do I get to say, I told you so?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Its simple.

Democrats
- I wont want to cut public programs, mediacare, social security we need these. We need to tax the rich and end the tax breaks the bush government gave them

Republicans
- We will not increase the tax the rich pay, because they are our friends. Unless you raise the debt level and let us continue paying off our friendsand stop paying the people, the country will default and we will blame you. Say, when is the next election?

We seriously need to send some people to the gallows!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I'm sure this thread will get 100 flags and stars just like the other identical thread that's on the front page....or any other Ron Paul thread for that matter.

My heart is all aflutter at the mention of his name. Cult of personality, much. And these are the same people that screamed about Obama worship.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

My heart is all aflutter at the mention of his name.

ATS really needs to consider making a forum made just for Ron Paul. The White Wizard dazzles the hobbits.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

The US is not going to default until tptb are ready for it to default, and likewise on the inflation issue. It could be the year 2020, we could be $761 trillion in debt, and the US would still be here if tptb wanted it to be here.

reply to post by David9176

There's an Indigo Children thread on the front page with over 100 flags, and you're worried about a Ron Paul thread? Besides, how can a guy with a WATS index of 134 make such a claim to begin with? You didn't even contribute to the thread; you just posted your off-topic comment and moved on.

If you don't like a thread, either debate the point being made (if possible) or ignore it. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by the owlbear

My heart is all aflutter at the mention of his name.

ATS really needs to consider making a forum made just for Ron Paul. The White Wizard dazzles the hobbits.

It is not a "cult of personality" thing with Ron Paul supporters. It is the simple fact that the man has iintelligence and integrity. A quality that is in very short supply in Washington.

Dr. Paul's positions, whether you agree with them or not are well thought through, constitutionally based, and always motivated by a sincere desire to do what is in the best interest of America. He actually stands for something and has so consistently. In contrast, Mr O who only stands for what is in his own best interest at any point in time. A lot of well meaning people voted for him because he said all the right things, looked good, Bush was such a failure and McCain was a poser.

signed,
dazzled hobbit

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

It is not a "cult of personality" thing with Ron Paul supporters. It is the simple fact that the man has iintelligence and integrity. A quality that is in very short supply in Washington.

Bernie Sanders has more intelligence and integrity than Ron paul...and far more than most in Congress....but he doesn't get play here on ATS.

He is after all, the enemy...the guy defending the poor and middle class, the working man, the unemployed, the elderly, the sick, etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

It's not a cult of personality... Because Ron Paul has all the personality of a plain bagel.

Rather it's basically a bunch of desperately ignorant people who are looking for an "outsider" to support so that they can think they're cool. They're the same dumbasses who stuck their toes up their noses and cheered for Nader back in 2000. Most of these people don't know what the man's positions are, and the handful that do, don't bother considering the ramifications of those positions.

Most of 'em don't even seem to realize that his economic positions are taken for his own economic benefit; He has more invested in gold mines than any other member of congress, is it just coincidental that he urges you all to buy gold and return to the gold standard? It's like if the Dole corporation were trying to convince you pineapples cure cancer, frankly.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I am not impressed by his actions regarding his "Audit the Fed" legislation. He caved to the banks and passed a weak gutted piece of legislation. After that he touted it as "the first top to bottom" audit when it was nothing of the kind.
sanders.senate.gov...

I don't trust the guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join