It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wrote the bible?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus
reply to post by auraelium

The sermon on the mount and the feeding fo the 5000 are two different things. The sermon on the mount was adressed to his 12 disciples, the 5000 were not his disciples but a large crowd that formed to see if he could actually miraculously heal the afflicted.

ah now, your having me on, first you said there was only 3, now your saying there was 12, i said 5000 but at least i didnt contradict myself

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

thanks for the correction...I was thinking of when he transformed in image in front of a few of his disciples.

My apologies to the doctors wife.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Guys i wa just trying to inject a bit of humour in a world where my god seems to have abandoned me. Guys which group would you be in ; the people popular front of judea, quote " if you want to join the peoples popular front of judea then you really have to hate the romans, Brian; "i do " , then your in.
Remember ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE, and if you ever see someone struggling carrrying some pieces wood on a dusty path,dont offer help, just let him get on with it.
I also absolutely love " jesus christ super star", beautiful film. I apologise for going completely off topic i shall say many hail marys etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I want to know who this guy is?? , hes got his finger on the money

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I want to know who this guy is?? , hes got his finger on the money

www.youtube.com... [

False prophets i think, there were tons of them around the time, a bit like the amount of varietys of walkers crisps you can get.
Or
he could be the lead singer of faith no more before the make over.

/quote]

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
LOL!
Auraelium,yer i agree,it shows hows silly we are,especially religious people with all their "my imaginary friend is better that yours!" gibberish...

I watched the video and it did have a few good parts in it,but it wasnt as in depth as i thought it would be.

A few statements i wanted to mention from it was :

Tom wright,Bishop of Durham said that its still a mystery how "jesus" apparently is a divine being whilst still being a mortal human.
Still,this is the kind of thing that points me in the direction of it being just a storybook,because you cant be both.
I know someone will reply to me saying "jesus" was both,and i shall say prove it.

The second statements was from Richard Land where he says that he suggested GWB should of put 500,000 US troops in Iraq instead of 120,000.Now does this sound like someone that follows the "word of god"? or even practices peace? He sounds like a warmonger to me.
This guy also believes that the bible should impact international and domestic foreign policy.Why exactly? what will it achieve exactly? The only thing ive seen it achieve is hatred and war over these stupid books and religions.
He also goes onto state that if the UN doesnt agree with America,well too bad,he doesnt care.
Im not saying that the UN has done any good for the world,but it just shows the kind attitude that Americans have towards the rest of the world.
He states that being a christian will make you a better person,well i if i had a dollar for every time i heard that one i would be rich.Is he telling me that my mum or dad would be better people if they were religious,personally i think they would be the same people,no difference other than believing a bunch of information that isnt proven or that even makes sense.

This is one of his quotes :
"its gods word until you prove it isnt"

Hang on,this guys the believer,not me.Why is the burden of proof on the anyone that doesnt even believe what he believes,and also something that he cant prove is a fact.Hes got it the other way around,this is something believers like to use as if it backs their religion up,well it doesnt,it only further disproves the credibility of what they are supporting,it doesnt prove anything.
Its really one sided,tunnel vision,close minded,whatever you want to call it,in my opinion

Finally,apparently GWB is meant to be a christian,so why do i find him wailing at the wall in Palestine.Which one is he? Is he one or the other? or can you believers just jump from one religion to another without it being a problem.

Get real.

edit on 28-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

II Timothy 3:
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Over 40 writers spanning many centuries were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write down the word of God.

Many here would say why did not God himself write it down, well it would not matter to them if he did they still would not accept it as fact.

I find it funny that most non-believers will and do accept other religions as not a problem yet anything with the bible is fake.

Where are the Buddha bashing threads, or the Native American Indian religion bashing threads, Hindu
Hera Krishna.

It was prophecy that people would not believe, and would persecute believers in Christ.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

"lose his friends hammer...written in the book of ciral"
must seem like that to many also, know I use to say it was just for the weak minded

saw this in another thread, tears everytime "well actually yes..eat this"

edit on 28-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I know this may be mocked, but it is my true belief. His word is spoken through the wonder that is...KEN

The Complete Story

Please listen and join...

CJ

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Many here would say why did not God himself write it down, well it would not matter to them if he did they still would not accept it as fact.

ACTS 2:38,dont discriminate,i think they are all silly.

Rustami,
that is one of the funniest things ive ever seen,brought me to tears,thanks for the laughs.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Who wrote the bible it was the NEWS OF THE WORLD it was the first mobile phone hack they did gods and spilled the beans

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Even Christians admit that it was written by men

Not all Christians. Case in point: I have a neighbor lady, she is in her 70s, she tell everyone she talks to that Jesus created the world and everyone in it, Jesus wrote the entire Bible, and all ET beings are Satan's Demonic Army.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Great video... thanks for sharing... it's too bad that most the people who commented here, it seems, didn't take the time to watch it...

For someone who actually has logic, and has just not been exposed to it in terms of their religion, it could be a great first step towards a whole new world opening to them within what we call the Bible...

unfortunately for the ones you were targeting with it I fear it will have little impact... because God's Word IS Infallible...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Even Christians admit that it was written by men

Not all Christians. Case in point: I have a neighbor lady, she is in her 70s, she tell everyone she talks to that Jesus created the world and everyone in it, Jesus wrote the entire Bible, and all ET beings are Satan's Demonic Army.
[/quoteYou see this sort of thinking ( not yours hers obviously) is what causes christians to be mocked. It suggests thats the earth is the only planet in a eternal universe to recieve the word of christ and that every other (god created) living creature (et) is a demonic being. It is no wonder christianityy such as this comes under such ridicule. I have an interesting theory on religion and spirituality which i may post a thread on later but i need a couple of russian vodkas first to man me up because im sure im gonna get shot down immediatly.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That's why I added the "fringe" element. Although many Christians deny it, I remember quite vividly being taught in Sunday school at many different churches that aliens are real and that they are demons, Satan created dinosaur bones to confuse us, Earth is really 6,000 years old, and other nonsense of this sort.

You know, it's the sort of nonsensical gibberish that catches the attention of the young and surrounds them with an atmosphere of exclusivity in their forbidden knowledge. Fortunately for me, I'm naturally curious and untangled that web of lies in time to free my mind before I became set in my ways. It's this kind of nonsense that will ultimately drive Christians away from the institution that filled their heads with so much rubbish. They would do well to revise their methods.

In response to others that have posted: What I meant is that "real" Christians who read their bible know that it was not written by God. You can't deny the fact that there are other people who claim affiliation with your religion that just spew out whatever bs suits their lifestyle. They don't know the bible. They don't lead Christian lives. They are comforted by ignorance and self-delusion and form-fit their supposed religious beliefs in order to justify whatever they perceive to be a suitable lifestyle.

The OP is relevant. They are out there.

ETA: I apologize for a somewhat off-topic rant but I felt it was important to include details of my experiences. I in no way am attempting to attack Christianity or any other religion. If it seems that way, I apologize and hope my intentions are not misconstrued. We all know where these religious threads go and I hope it doesn't devolve into that. Endless bickering with neither side convinced of anything. I save that material for real-life interactions lol.
edit on 29-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
God did

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineBeing
God did

Ofc he did, you keep tellin yourself that

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Who wrote the bible?

No mystery, they signed their names....John, Matthew, Peter, Luke, Mark, etc., etc.

The more important thing to consider is which books and writings weren't included as part of the Bible (by even some of the same authors) and why?

At least the Ethiopians mostly consider all the books (and are rumored to house the Ark of the Covenant, so kind of makes sense they'd be old school)....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join