It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wrote the bible?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This documentary is a must see for all christian faith pushers who come on here day after day making outlandish statements and using a book some guys in the desert wrote 2k milenia ago to back themselves up.

The guy i have to say makes some brilliant and unbiased points, the kicker here to is he is acuataly a christian or at least raised one and he is also an academic theologian.he travels to the holy land to find out for himself.

video.google.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium
This documentary is a must see for all christian faith pushers who come on here day after day making outlandish statements and using a book some guys in the desert wrote 2k milenia ago to back themselves up.

The guy i have to say makes some brilliant and unbiased points, the kicker here to is he is acuataly a christian or at least raised one and he is also an academic theologian.he travels to the holy land to find out for himself.

video.google.com...

To answer the question: it is still work in progress until the end of humanity.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Downloading it right now. One thing I know for sure, Some God didn't write it, men did. And further, it was men who had an agenda. Of course the Holy bible we know today was just copied, and altered older writings from earlier times.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
this from your link.

So what is the Bible? Find out! Visit www.IslamicVideos.net for more videos like this! Now since we can see Christianity is not what we thought it was, we can try and learn about Islam, a religion that many equate with terrorism. Search and learn about Islam as it is thought even by the most educated people on Earth to be the ultimate way to truth and happiness, in the truest sense of the word.

so we can try and learn about islam. do ya think somebody has got a agenda.

oh and i like this part of the quote

Search and learn about Islam as it is thought even by the most educated people on Earth to be the ultimate way to truth and happiness, in the truest sense of the word

the most educated people, think its the ultimate way to truth and happiness.

man i thought you said it was unbiased.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here's a novel idea, open the book and find out!. It is currently believed that about 40 named people who have written it and there are also a few anonymous writers as well. That being said it is truley impossible to know for sure, with parts being re written and some being totally removed.
edit on 28-7-2011 by PapaEmeritus because: asp

edit on 28-7-2011 by PapaEmeritus because: again

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

i have read the bible many times cover to cover, and yes i know that there are claims that some portions have been written by two different people, and that in translation some scribe got some thing wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
this from your link.

So what is the Bible? Find out! Visit www.IslamicVideos.net for more videos like this! Now since we can see Christianity is not what we thought it was, we can try and learn about Islam, a religion that many equate with terrorism. Search and learn about Islam as it is thought even by the most educated people on Earth to be the ultimate way to truth and happiness, in the truest sense of the word.

so we can try and learn about islam. do ya think somebody has got a agenda.

oh and i like this part of the quote

Search and learn about Islam as it is thought even by the most educated people on Earth to be the ultimate way to truth and happiness, in the truest sense of the word

the most educated people, think its the ultimate way to truth and happiness.

man i thought you said it was unbiased.

Thats written by the poster who posted the vid on Google vids, Obviosly not the guy or tv company who made the doc, cmon your not stupid, i shudnt have to tell you these things.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Richard Curtis. I especially like the proverb about the nun and the blind man.
Sorry.... ive had a couple of small sweet sherrys.

I imagine a lot of the bible was passed by word of mouth as i doubt if o level english was a big thing two thousand years ago. I always wondered how Jesus managed to shout loud enough for all those people to hear him on the mount, i wonder if it was a bit like the "life of Brian" sermon.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Is this a troll thread? Even Christians admit that it was written by men. Of course, this thinking came about recently and hasn't been admitted for a long time but it's really only a fringe few (who don't read their bible) that think it was actually written by some god.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
Is this a troll thread? Even Christians admit that it was written by men. Of course, this thinking came about recently and hasn't been admitted for a long time but it's really only a fringe few (who don't read their bible) that think it was actually written by some god.

Fringe view you say? do you be on this site much....?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Dont forget that certain books of the bible were written by women, they were removed.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

I imagine a lot of the bible was passed by word of mouth as i doubt if o level english was a big thing two thousand years ago. I always wondered how Jesus managed to shout loud enough for all those people to hear him on the mount, i wonder if it was a bit like the "life of Brian" sermon.

He was addressing only 3 people on the mount ..maybe 2?..wasn't a huge speech to a large crowd...also the bible was not ever written in any level of english..only translated to english..many many years later.
edit on 28-7-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
the bible stories were written by various 'Inspired' individuals...

while in the throes of 'revelation/ religious ecstacy' they believe they have unique insight into the Worlds and the varoius Empires' cycles...

They do have 'contact' with something... perhaps these Prophets would be called 'Channelers' in this modern times...who knows.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

It was never claimed to be written by a god. People who dont know what there talking about just assume that.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

He was addressing only 3 people on the mount ..maybe 2?..wasn't a huge speech to a large crowd...also the bible was not ever written in any level of english..only translated to english..many many years later.
edit on 28-7-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

There was 5000 people at the sermon on the mount according to the bible.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (from Monty Python)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

I read the first line and a smile smacked me in the face, my favorite bit of monty python

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

i found this set of vids which explain ALOT, even where the word--bible-- came from. I got hooked on this guys vids as they are interesting. And I personally think the bible is the equivalent of one book out of an encyclopedia set being pawned off as EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW.

btw, according to bible thumpers, the red ink is "Gods actual words"..must have been sent to him to use hus special red ink typewrited and then shipped back for distribution.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

The sermon on the mount and the feeding fo the 5000 are two different things. The sermon on the mount was adressed to his 12 disciples, the 5000 were not his disciples but a large crowd that formed to see if he could actually miraculously heal the afflicted.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
yes not only were the scriptures (which is obvious & admit to that) but everything else including your post, articles, koran, textbooks etc., what was not written (though it was prophecied about in them) is the audible invisible voice I heard say he was Jesus (John5, Acts9, Revelation19) the exact moment I began to open a Gideon NT but do not make the mistake of thinking I think that makes me some kind of "holier than thou" because I certainly have absolutely nothing to boast of except what I've seen (an Angel when @13yo) and heard (the voice) and possibly what's understand regarding those things and if could write worth a flip would give it go other than that you name it -probably done it

How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.
Jeremiah8

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
John5

And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
2Peter1

when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Galatians4

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Galatians3

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
1Timothy1

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Mark3
biblos.com...

edit on 28-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join