It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raids Anonymous Suspects Using List of Top 1000 Protestors

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Cop much?...The FBI is doing the bidding of the corrupt slime who are robbing THE PEOPLE constantly..Anonymous seeks to level the playing field for the average man. How long have we been cowed into submission by threat of overwhelming technology? Not only has Anon taken it to the man,but thus far they are WINNING..These feeble attempts to make a public show will amount to nothing.

From what I can tell from the outside, Anon is not simply a group of script kiddies. It is a mass gaggle of script kiddies taking inspiration from some pretty damn 1337 code monkeys.....

Riddle me this ATS, if Anonymous are simply script kiddies only, how have they managed to Effin run the internet,if not for the last 5 years then for sure the last year...

I would not be surprised to find that more well known computer geniuses are involved somehow..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by clockwerkninja
reply to post by vkey08

Cop much?...The FBI is doing the bidding of the corrupt slime who are robbing THE PEOPLE constantly..Anonymous seeks to level the playing field for the average man. How long have we been cowed into submission by threat of overwhelming technology? Not only has Anon taken it to the man,but thus far they are WINNING..These feeble attempts to make a public show will amount to nothing.

From what I can tell from the outside, Anon is not simply a group of script kiddies. It is a mass gaggle of script kiddies taking inspiration from some pretty damn 1337 code monkeys.....

Riddle me this ATS, if Anonymous are simply script kiddies only, how have they managed to Effin run the internet,if not for the last 5 years then for sure the last year...

I would not be surprised to find that more well known computer geniuses are involved somehow..

I'm not even going to dignify your insult with a response other than I have now lost all faith in our society to better itself when we start thinking two wrongs make a right.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

That would only apply my friend if in fact the second action in the series were wrong...As of now that is up for debate..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by clockwerkninja

not really, if they did not have access to whatever system they were hacking, ie: they were not given a username/password by the sysadmin, then they are breaking into the system illegally, hence a wrong.

Of course like anyone else blinded by how wonderful anon must be you failed to read one important thing from my first post..

Even if the cause is just

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Even if the cause is just

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I see the situation akin to shooting a rapist you catch in your home mid attack on a relative...
sure murder is wrong,but killing in that case is your duty..

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
You know what would be great? If Anonymous fired back by hacking the FBI and releasing a ton of classified documents that reveal bunch of wrongdoing, corruption, crimes, and so on. But I bet if that happened the War on the Internet would be kicked into full gear.

So once again the answer to hacking a company that millions rely upon, and then doing something about all those people not having access to their money, in this economy, is to perform more illegal acts? I fail to see the logic. The FBI is following up on a crime, plain and simple, and they should become the victims of another crime for doing their jobs??

C'mon people, end this touting of Anon as freedom fighters, they are compromising everyone's free and untethered use of the internet with each and every illegal act they perform, so what if the cause is just, the actions are not. And I will say it again, illegal actions for a just cause are still illegal actions and should be prosecuted.

Yeah but then you're simply following the law. If we obey all the laws, even the stupid ones, whats to keep them from enacting even tougher, stupider laws? There comes a time when you must fight back or were all going to get railroaded into slavery. Anon and the people the FBI raided have had enough. Maybe your line is a bit further back but the govt and corporations will push you to it. Just be thankful theyre fighting hackers now instead of fighting you later.

You shouldnt blindly follow the law, or any belief system for that matter. Anon is freedom fighting and they're trying to free you from economic controls you might not even realize exist. Hackers are not CAUSING restriction of the internet. Its a convenient excuse for the govt to control the internet, just like terrorism is a convenient excuse to contol our airports, train stations, telephones, judicial system, economy, etc.

Just because somethings illegal doesnt make it wrong. Its illegal to commit suicide in some countries. How does that make sense? And besides, in any country, if you're rich enough you're above the law. So don't worry about petty words some rich, white guy wrote down years and years ago to protect his self interest.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

Originally posted by TupacShakur
You know what would be great? If Anonymous fired back by hacking the FBI and releasing a ton of classified documents that reveal bunch of wrongdoing, corruption, crimes, and so on. But I bet if that happened the War on the Internet would be kicked into full gear.

So once again the answer to hacking a company that millions rely upon, and then doing something about all those people not having access to their money, in this economy, is to perform more illegal acts? I fail to see the logic. The FBI is following up on a crime, plain and simple, and they should become the victims of another crime for doing their jobs??

C'mon people, end this touting of Anon as freedom fighters, they are compromising everyone's free and untethered use of the internet with each and every illegal act they perform, so what if the cause is just, the actions are not. And I will say it again, illegal actions for a just cause are still illegal actions and should be prosecuted.

Yeah but then you're simply following the law. If we obey all the laws, even the stupid ones, whats to keep them from enacting even tougher, stupider laws? There comes a time when you must fight back or were all going to get railroaded into slavery. Anon and the people the FBI raided have had enough. Maybe your line is a bit further back but the govt and corporations will push you to it. Just be thankful theyre fighting hackers now instead of fighting you later.

You shouldnt blindly follow the law, or any belief system for that matter. Anon is freedom fighting and they're trying to free you from economic controls you might not even realize exist. Hackers are not CAUSING restriction of the internet. Its a convenient excuse for the govt to control the internet, just like terrorism is a convenient excuse to contol our airports, train stations, telephones, judicial system, economy, etc.

Just because somethings illegal doesnt make it wrong. Its illegal to commit suicide in some countries. How does that make sense? And besides, in any country, if you're rich enough you're above the law. So don't worry about petty words some rich, white guy wrote down years and years ago to protect his self interest.

Please understand that I am trying to "play the ball" here.

Your last example here is laughable. While it may be illegal to commit suicide in some countries, what makes that laughable is the fact that there really isn't a damn thing those governments can do to someone who "successfully" breaks that law. Plus, whiskey tango foxtrot, do we really see anyone (including Anonymous) running to break this law even though the law is one of sheer stupidity?

Whether or not Hackers are causing the restriction of the internet, they are giving themselves and by association the non-hacking part of Anonymous a bad rap to people that may agree with the cause but not the method.

I have seen the outline in another thread on this site, regardless if Anonymous has a leader, (at least on the hacking side) there is some sort of structure where higher ups prepare packages of tools to give out to people that participate. To my knowledge there has been at least one instance where these tools were comprimised. Yet these same people who were giving these packages out didn't think about their fellow brothers and sisters and let them use said tools. Also, it appears that they didn't give training on operational security.

I have seen these comments:

The ones who get caugh knew the consequencies, we dont force anyones.
It happened because they didnt took the appropriate precautions.
If you tell someone " you can go play outside but look left and right when you cross the street or a car might ran you over" and the person get ran over because he didnt looked left and right while crossing, who is to blame ?
We told them to be careful and gave thems tools to protect their tracks,some didnt used thoses tools .

LOIC is only a lil tool for our Anonykids
The army of kids in the front, the bigger business in the back
Tacticaly its called a diversion, you know

The people they caught were just script kiddies. The people who are serious about the Anonymous movement know how to hide on the internet.

I don't think that "our Anonykids" know what is at stake. I don't think that "our Anonykids" really understand the consequences of 15 years in prison and $500,000 fine per count really means. I come to the terms "Cannon Fodder" or "Acceptable Losses" in said structures mind. I understand Civil Disobedience as a means to change the law, but I don't see that where you have "kids in the front"/"bigger business in the back",that means to me that they are hiding and letting others accept the consequences (ie "the kiddies" who "aren't serious" about Anonymous because they don't know (either because of age and/or inexperience) how to "hide on the internet". My feeling on this is that it makes them no better than the corruption and dishonesty and tyranny from which they are supposedly trying to protect us.

I do believe that the "terrorist" label is too widely used. I am not calling anyone that. I can see based on actions though that people may see that there is a possibility of infiltration.

I do support legal, non violent activism. The illegal activities, in my opinion, aren't helping the Anonymous movement which includes many that don't hack or want to be "kiddies"

edit on 30-7-2011 by pwndnewb because: fixing embed

edit on 30-7-2011 by pwndnewb because: added clarification so not to be misunderstood

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

Originally posted by thegoods724
how did you not add JFK as one of the good guys being killed

Its not my quote. Its from comedian Bill Hicks

Brilliant man who died too young. He was going to change the world with his comedy.

www.youtube.com...

I gave you a star for correcting the post you quoted even though you credited Bill Hicks as saying it in your original post. As far as calling him a brilliant man who was going to change the world with his comedy.....can't say I ever found him funny. I prefer laughing at comedians who actually tell jokes and not stand there ranting but still....

As someone else said, how do they know the people they arrested were part of Anon? Botnets are botnets, most are innocent victims who will go through a traumatic experience being accused of something they knew nothing about. Well done FBI, well done.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It has already been ruled in Federal court that an IP address is not a person. The FBI is running down a dead end, trying to intimidate and arm twist.

As has been mentioned, you can mask IP's. There is no proof in a list of 1000 IP addresses, except for proving that PayPal is "the man" and has sold out its customers to FBI harrassment.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join