It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of the Blue - Military Disclosure Has Begun - National Press Club LIVE, Washington D.C

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

So your response to the question of whether or not the sensationalistic approach is worth the loss in credibility is that you are "enlightened?" How much does it cost to feed your ego on a monthly basis?

Where does this fantasy of credibility loss come from?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Is your reading comprehension that poor? When you sensationalize just about every meeting you have, I.E. the "Disclosure" project, yet you fail to deliver on those promises time and time again, your credibility goes out the window. If you are new to the whole "disclosure" gig, I feel for you, but trust me, there's more hot air being blown by that group than up on Capitol Hill.

Dr. Greer is a pathological liar, this has been proven. He twists his own facts, this has been proven. He stopped being a "simple country doctor" because he makes more money off of ignorant, yet somehow "enlightened" individuals than he does practicing medicine, not because he is noble. Using that man as credibility will get you laughed out of every serious and intelligent group I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with.

The only fantasy here is that you, or that group thinks that they are more "enlightened" than anyone. It's a trap of egotism and self-righteousness that makes people feel special, yet accomplishes nothing. EVER.
edit on 29-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Is your reading comprehension that poor? When you sensationalize just about every meeting you have, I.E. the "Disclosure" project, yet you fail to deliver on those promises time and time again, your credibility goes out the window. If you are new to the whole "disclosure" gig, I feel for you, but trust me, there's more hot air being blown by that group than up on Capitol Hill.

Dr. Greer is a pathological liar, this has been proven. He twists his own facts, this has been proven. He stopped being a "simple country doctor" because he makes more money off of ignorant, yet somehow "enlightened" individuals than he does practicing medicine, not because he is noble. Using that man as credibility will get you laughed out of every serious and intelligent group I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with.

The only fantasy here is that you, or that group thinks that they are more "enlightened" than anyone. It's a trap of egotism and self-righteousness that makes people feel special, yet accomplishes nothing. EVER.
edit on 29-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

You've jumped gears on me mate, I'm not talking about any promises made as I wasn't aware that the project had made any, nor am I talking about Greer, I'm talking about the importance of these meetings and the importance of the people who lecture at them, as I said, I dunno what more these people can do and nor do I think these meetings contribute to a loss of credibility.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Sorry if I've gone and switched streams on you, but I'm tying it all in together from the OP and the responses since.

From the OP:

Join us for a truly historic event. At the National Press Club in Washington D.C., an unprecedented gathering of top military and government officials from around the world met LIVE before members of the Press to present to the public alarming facts about UFOs and an extraterrestrial presence now engaging the planet Earth. This presentation provides LIVE coverage of that historic press conference. In attendance for this shocking, Earth shattering event includes...

I have underlined just a few spots that show glaring sensationalism. Nothing presented here can be proven as FACT, much like religion. It is sponsored by men and women who are known liars and shams. There may be some real information in here and it would be impossible to decipher with all the nonsensical lies and exaggerations that surround it. I'm all for people with REAL concerns and ACTUAL knowledge meeting, but there is rarely any true progress made at such events.

I would argue there is more progress made via the internet than at said meetings. I'm not against the investigation of UFOs and extraterrestrials, as both are fascinating and if we can even prove that extraterrestrial life exists with certainty, I would be excited beyond belief.

Experience dictates one's point of view. It has been my experience that much of the crowd associated with this event are fraudulent liars. There is not much more I dislike in the world than those types of individuals, so I tend to get a bit infuriated when I see their garbage pushed on my peers, actually hampering progress towards the actual truth.
edit on 29-7-2011 by ateuprto because: grammar

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Sorry if I've gone and switched streams on you, but I'm tying it all in together from the OP and the responses since.

From the OP:

Join us for a truly historic event. At the National Press Club in Washington D.C., an unprecedented gathering of top military and government officials from around the world met LIVE before members of the Press to present to the public alarming facts about UFOs and an extraterrestrial presence now engaging the planet Earth. This presentation provides LIVE coverage of that historic press conference. In attendance for this shocking, Earth shattering event includes...

I have underlined just a few spots that show glaring sensationalism. Nothing presented here can be proven as FACT, much like religion. It is sponsored by men and women who are known liars and shams. There may be some real information in here and it would be impossible to decipher with all the nonsensical lies and exaggerations that surround it. I'm all for people with REAL concerns and ACTUAL knowledge meeting, but there is rarely any true progress made at such events.

I would argue there is more progress made via the internet than at said meetings. I'm not against the investigation of UFOs and extraterrestrials, as both are fascinating and if we can even prove that extraterrestrial life exists with certainty, I would be excited beyond belief.

Experience dictates one's point of view. It has been my experience that much of the crowd associated with this event are fraudulent liars. There is not much more I dislike in the world than those types of individuals, so I tend to get a bit infuriated when I see their garbage pushed on my peers, actually hampering progress towards the actual truth.
edit on 29-7-2011 by ateuprto because: grammar

Ok, fair point and I would have to concede that there are probably a number of liars and frauds who may try and attach themselves to this movement, however imo, all in all, the calibre of witnesses at the meetings are pretty good and I for one am interested in what they have to say. If you have any better ideas on fiding out what is really going on then I for one will be interested to hear it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by annella
I agree that the OP should have gotten rid of ' LIVE'....in the title, grrrrrrr.
And I know we are meant to use the youtube titles but a wee explanation after removing it would have been helpful.
Does anyone know just when this particular conference took place?? I know someone in the first couple of minutes mentioned Veterans Day ( and I assumed it was THAT day) but further info would be great.
Regardless of one of the Belgian sightings being discredited since, these types of conferences serve an enormous purpose given the calibre of speakers and their credible testimony.
I have not watched the whole video but didn't see Steven Greers name mentioned. Whodda thunk it!!!! A conference such as this without him featuring!

This was filmed on May 9th 2011, basically just high calibre people who have been involved with UFO incidents/research, giving testimonies to the press, Greer's about there somewhere btw.

Scratch that date, this is from 2007, apologies

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElliotNoir

--- snip ---
This event was produced by Filmmaker James Fox. His award winning feature film "Out of the Blue" - is coming to DVD in a new special anniversary edition on 8/30/2011 from UFOTV. It's loaded with bonus features and interviews including this press conference.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seems like disclosure project part 2. Im sure nothing will come of this but i find it interesting that Congress and Mainstream media can ignore these people. Bc they ignore it the Masses ignore it as if theres nothing to it.....silly people.
Its a long one but tell me what you think.

www.youtube.com...

First of all, as it says in the original text, that will be probabably a bonus feature of the new DVD release of documentary "Out of the Blue". But this is not "Out of the Blue" documentary itself. This sensational description about disclosure etc looks to me like it was created by UFOTV channel.

There are 2 version of Out of the Blue documentary. First one is made in 2002 and aired on Sci-Fi channel at the time. Second version was made in 2007 with new added scences and changes and it was called "Out of the Blue - 5 year anniversary edition". The later one includes - for example - new statement by Fife Symintgon about Phoenix sightings that were recorded at the end of 2006.

Fife Symington revelation were covered by media world wide at the time thanks to article by Leslie Kean. Unfortunately second version of OUT OF THE BLUE was never properly released and exploited because at the time James has just started with the new production - I KNOW WHAT I SAW - which was released on History Channel back in 2009. Part of the deal was to defunct Out of the Blue 2nd version and to concetrate completely on the new film which also incorporates changes from that 2nd version.

So, the video that you have supplied link is from National Press Club conference that happened on November 12th, 2007. It was titled "UFOs Close Encounters" and it was part of production for I KNOW WHAT I SAW. Conference happened on Monday and on Friday (3 days before) on November 9th, there was a special LARRY KING LIVE show with James Fox, Fife Symington, James Penniston, Charles Halt, John Callahan, Nick Pope and James McGaha. That show was only media outlet that presented the upcoming event as the whole preparation for conference was done carefuly and without media coverage. To bring general Parviz Jafari, James and Leslie worked few months only to acquire his visa from Iran to states.

As I said, scenes and statements from National Press Club were later incorporeted into documentary I KNOW WHAT I SAW. It is also a heart of Leslie Kean's book "UFOs - Generals, pilots and government officials" too.

Before I KNOW WHAT I SAW was released, National Press Club conference was available on Uncut DVD and that is the video of your link. If the info from UFOTV channel is correct it will be now incorporeted in bonus package of new release of OUT OF THE BLUE (5 year anniversary edition - the rare edition that I was talking about it). I have it on DVD when it was released (documentary plus bonus features with outakes etc).

I KNOW WHAT I SAW DVD release from History Channel also has outtakes and have some extented scenes with dr. J. Allen Hynek that were featured in documentary and it is also excellent DVD edition to have it in the archives.

I hope that this explanation finaly gives proper time and place context of the video that you supplied and that some users were confused of.

Summ up with timeline:

2002 - OUF OF THE BLUE (1st version)

2007 - OUF OF THE BLUE - 5 year anniversary edition

november 9, 2007 - LARRY KING LIVE - subject: Discussions about upcoming National Press Conferece: UFOs Close Encounters

november 12, 2007 - National Press Club Conferece - UFOs Close Encounters

2009 - I KNOW WHAT I SAW

Here you can follow up comments, information and updates about National Press Conference when it was happening:
www.ufoupdateslist.com...
(just search the posts titled as NPC, National Press Club, Conference, Larry King, UFOs Close Encounters etc).

Here is also review by late Richard Hall who was also present at the event (there are few shots with him in the public...you san see him that he is sitting with CNN reporter Gary Tuchman who at one point in the video addressed question to Fife Symington):
www.ufoupdateslist.com...
Gary Tuchman later made his own piece about the conference for CNN. I have all the CNN pieces and short reports about the conference archived on Media Clipping DVD. At the time I left VHS video recorder for 2 days to record whole CNN program on LP speed so I only had to change the tapes 3 times in one day and later pick up the pieces and edit them.

Best Wishes

edit on 30-7-2011 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
so.... is it still "beginning"

how bout now?

*looks at calendar, not sure what to look for*

How bout now? Still beginning? when does it end beginning?
edit on 6-8-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join