It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speech to La Raza: "Very Tempting" to Become a Dictator

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Oh, where to start... How about with the errors? In the last line of the cut and paste quote from the Post Chronicle the Prez's words are;

Obama: ...that's now how our democracy functions.

However, Silent Thunder should have verified and corrected the typo as he/she cut and pasted it here to reflect what the President actually said. Like this;

Obama: ...that's not how our democracy functions.

Suddenly the whole thing sounds a little better. It doesn't sound great; it is still a crooked politician from Illinois pandering for re-election, but we saw that in his last campaign so we should expect nothing more from him this time around. I was raised in Illinois and I know that I and my fellow Illinoisans have been waiting for a straight politician to show up for about 50 years now. And we are still waiting.

Second, my jury is still out on this La Raza thing, and I will tell you why. I speak enough Spanish to get by and to make friends, which I do. Though it is not the first question out of my mouth eventually I will ask my friend what they know about La Raza. Without exception they say the same thing; they have never heard of it. What does this mean? Are they all lying because they are part of an elaborate conspiracy to retake the southwest of our country? Yeah... I don't know about all that. The mothers and fathers I talk to out there just want to make some money, live better than they could South of the border, and raise their kids.

I know there are those out there who are smuggling people and drugs into this country, but I do not make friends with Latinos of that mind set. And anyway the CIA is smuggling guns and drugs across the border too. And they are doing it on our dime and with Govt. planes and insulation so I have to prioritize my anger at the larger villain first.

So maybe La Raza is the racist organization plotting the overthrow of part or all of our country just as Alex Jones says, and that the average Latinos are their mindless minions, but I do not see that at all. If La Raza is guilty of this mindset it came from another direction than the average Latino. What that direction is, I do not know. But I do know that everyone I habla with about is either completely unaware of La Raza, or they are all lying together.

I clicked on the link and watched the full video, and I was not nearly as horrified as most people here, however I do have some issues with it.

First, this is a speech intended to create more pressure on Congress to go along with his Wall Street masterminded plan to raise the debt ceiling once again, thereby decreasing our spending power even more and move us not out of the recession, but deeper into it. Since Obama's inauguration his answer to the economic crisis has been to repeat again and again the same mistakes that got us into this mess in the first place, namely the printing of vast amounts of unsecured fiat currency.

This is not to say that the Republicans who are blocking this round of printing press financing are the good guys since most of them thought this was a wonderful thing to do under the Bush regime, but now that we have a different Potentate it is suddenly unacceptable. While the Republicans and Democrats are busy switching sides in this never-ending game of good cop/bad cop, investigative journalist Greg Palast pointed out in one of his latest posts on his website that Argentina defaulted on their debt and thrived.

Hmm... I wonder why neither the Republicans or the Democrats or the major media has mentioned this option to us. Could it be that it would make the bankers angry? Make the Federal Reserve angry? Where do these guys allegiances lie, and whom are they sworn to protect?

Finally, I would like you to compare the video in question with a recent one from Ron Paul. The comparison is so dramatic it speaks for itself.

(Note; I am new to this site, and posting a video is different here than it was on my website, which is now hosed from a layout mistake. And today I have devoted to gathering firewood for the winter. I will get the "hang" of it soon but for now a link will have to do)

www.youtube.com...

(I hope I have not broken any rules here.)

edit on 28-7-2011 by Ittabena because: spelling correction

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by ownbestenemy

One can't be free if you're burdened by poverty.

Bullhockey. Having material items does not equate to freedom. This is evidenced by the fact that in order to eradicate poverty, you must take freedoms from others.

So what is better:

Poverty and wealth, side by side with everyone having all their freedoms, or taking the freedoms of some to average out wealth?

A truth often forgotten by the people here who have at least enough luxury to hammer away at their keyboards for a few hours a day.

Really now? Even you should know that poverty is relative.
edit on 7/28/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
La Raza is a terrorist organization and they have links to the Cartels.

I never expected a US President to address them. He hasn't even addressed ME!

Lame...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
No one should be shocked at the President, and especially this President of the United States, from addressing any group or organization, right before the campaign for an election gets started. The President is trying to build up his base to get votes and supporters. That is what he is doing right now, as he has to not only have a solid base, but also at the same time, start to draw in what would be considered the fringe element of society that could gather him votes. Think about all of the different groups out there, and in the long run, it is those and the independent voters that are going to have the greatest say in politics, as they are the ones that will sway the votes one way or the other.
La Raza, well not much can be stated about such, except that at one time, they were a group with noble goals that has since been perverted to a more insidious ideology on there end. While the main part of La Raza, is nothing more than say the African American political caucus, it is the interior that reeks and is more racist on its own part, with links to groups that would advocate insurrection and war fare against the United States, if it thought it could get away with such. They are at the very heart of the matter no better than the KKK, or the Aryan Nation, or even the New Black Panthers, racist at the very core and heart of the matter only representing a small portion of the population and even then nothing will satisfy them, even when they are given leeway to be who they are.
The real shame of groups like all of those is that they tend to put group first, and nationality second, thus making their focus pretty simple to predict and the drives are there. They never state, I am an American First, and then one group or another. And any who would take their support should be view with distrust and contempt.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This guy is a F*(&%$#G chameleon!
Hell say all things to all people.....hell kiss any ass, but when he gets in powert again the CIA will still be calling the dance toon.
The war machine will grind onward.
America ! You are being groomed to be the next Whermacht!
A nation of soldiers....
ish hat eine Kammeraden........There will be no other employment and youll kill for corporate greed ..or be hunted down and starved out., your children taken for cannon fodder.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by ownbestenemy

One can't be free if you're burdened by poverty. A truth often forgotten by the people here who have at least enough luxury to hammer away at their keyboards for a few hours a day.

I am not sure if I should consider this remark ignorant or scary. First, you are using a highly subjective word, poverty. For sake of this discussion, let us see if we can come to terms on exactly what is poverty. That of course is for clarity sake, for poverty has nothing to do with freedom just as much as wealthy has nothing to do with slavery.

I would argue that those living in the Black Hills, who most likely have for generations and do so willingly (all assumptions of course, but that is what you have brought to the debate) are more free than you or me.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I fail to see any conspiracy here, just an ever more exhausted head of state tired of dealing with the Republican faction who would rather let the finances of the country crumble than swallow their pride and work WITH their hated Democratic rivals. As a joke, it was kinda flat, but a joke (mixed with a little playing to the crowd) was all I think it was...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I don’t see a conspiracy here, he’s simply making a joke about what a pain dealing with the bickering infants in congress is. He is hardly saying he wishes to be a dictator.

Again, I gotta say this type of rationality and level-headed analysis has no place on this forum

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If I had to deal with this Congress I would be very tempted to use an Executive Order to bypass them.

I can't believe anyone is using this story as a way to put down Obama. First he never said "Dictator," that is altering the story in an absurd way. He's only using an Executive order(I don't agree with them, but they are legal). And this brings me to my second point to those who are using this story as a criticism of Obama. How many times did George Bush use an executive order. If anyone started the use of the presidency as a dictatorship, it was him.

But neither of them acted as dictators. It's just an easy thing to call someone who's policies you disagree with.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why is he stuttering so much? does he have a problem telling the truth?
Ive never seen him stutter like that when hes lying..

Obama already is a dictator,hes doesnt need to become one,so was GWB and the rest of them.

This guy isnt going to get anything done,hes to embedded in someone elses pocket,you cant half tell.
I dont hate the guy,but hes a fraud,thats what i hate.
He isnt going to get you anywhere America,except further down the drain,just like all your "money" you dont have.

edit on 28-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I dont believe this?
he is getting the people behind him as a dictator.
open your eyes! what he is saying is treason.
Not that any of it maters. he will commit suicide later.
you just wait and see.
ron paul becomes president.
and hes a trogon horses.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Obama appears happy of the notion of becoming a dictator is why it is weird.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join