It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speech to La Raza: "Very Tempting" to Become a Dictator

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Well, problem is, mainstream politics does not represent minorities or their interests. Who's in Washington, fighting the good fight for the people living in tents up in the Black Hills? Who in Washington is standing up to preserve the homes and neighborhoods of New Orleans, instead of helping sell them out to corporate donors? Who in Washington is taking honest immigration reform seriously?

Duly noted that mainstream politicians, which are hardly statesmen, fail at basic tasks. That much I agree. Though could it be, that the people living in tents in the Black Hills do not want mainstream politicians but rather to live their lives out as free people? Why are people in New Orleans, or any neighborhood, looking up to politicians to fix their problems?

Interesting catch-22 Washington has made is it not?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

One can't be free if you're burdened by poverty. A truth often forgotten by the people here who have at least enough luxury to hammer away at their keyboards for a few hours a day.

And I suppose the people of New Orleans could just start shooting the corporate privatizers. Seems to me that it's probably better for everyone if they press the government to do its damned job and protect the interests of its citizens, though.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Presidents address ethnic groups all the time, nothing odd there.
Calling a Republic a Democracy?
You would think he should know the difference.
If he doesn't then he isn't intelligent enough to lead a Nation.
If he does then he is intentionally lying.
Like a rotten apple it looks bad any way you slice it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I am not a religous person... im really not

The more the issues/threats/potential changes made/to be made by Obama goes on i beleive he could be the Anti-christ..

like people loved him, not just in the US but around the world, the "novelty" of a balck president showing just how far America had progressed since its non-human rights times for black people, the love he has recieved and embraced around the world the can we chage various # mentaility he had going during his election

...... then pow.... dictator.. marshal law declared... congress abolished.... one america's nation bringing in canada and south america, then in control of a proper super power.. completely self sufficiant war machine, fresh water lots of food, oil, plenty of production space for new war devices and nothing anyone could about it at all...

it is an rather sad outlook on things, maybe he was joking, i am not amerrican, i am not a racists i am not a birther i dont fully care, i dont fully believe there ever will be an end of times scenario that someone guessed a long time ago.

but if anything was unraveling the way some said it would happen (other than over the next few months and the possible and fabled Dark Knight profecies) i would say its the whole armagedon bit, and if thats the case... my money is on Obama to be the main player

just my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Now LA Raza is a a great organization...

La Raza is a racially-divisive organization that pimps for amnesty for illegals – accusing any officials who endorse the rule of law as “racist” or “anti-Latino“.

They also fund racist charter schools such as those in the un-American “La Raza Studies” program in Tucson and is funded by taxpayers to fund its separatist agenda, such as Latino-only scholarships, increased funding for welfare specifically for Latinos, and foreclosure assistance for Latinos (this after playing a major role in provoking the housing crash by suing banks to force subprime loans to poor Latinos and illegals).

Yeah, you read that right they sued banks for not loaning money to illegal aliens to buy (at subprime rates) homes in America. That makes sense right?

This clearly seems like an organization the POTUS should endorse; I mean an organization that encourages illegal immigration and amnesty right. Heck they are even in support of taking back the American West for Latinos – that can’t possibly be bad for the country…

What a douche bag – even speaking there shows he is clueless as to what Americans want.

The best part of it all is that they are funded by taxpayer money – so we are all paying for these idiots to spew anti-American hate. Good form US Government.

Here is the NCLR 2009 Annual Report – shows 7 million plus in Federal Grants…grants…

The 2010 report is not finished but lets wait with baited breath since Judicial Watch recently revealed how these funds have MORE THAN DOUBLED since Obama broke his “no lobbyists” ban to hire La Raza’s chief lobbyist Cecilia Muñoz to a top White House job in 2009 .

In adition to direct grants the Department of Housing and Urban Development doled out $2.5 million for housing counseling, the Department of Education contributed nearly $800,000 and the Centers for Disease Control a quarter of a million to La Raza.

Additionally, NCLR affiliates nationwide raked in tens of millions of government grant and recovery dollars last year thanks to the Muñoz factor.

An offshoot called Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC) saw its federal funding nearly double to $18.3 million following Muñoz’ appointment.

Yes we can – subvert and divide American culture with our own tax dollars! We have nothing but mopney - let's spend it on this crap.

Way to go Barrack – agenda right on track!

Pay back the people who go you here with other people's money - check.
Further divide the country - check.
Be hero to the uninformed - Check.
Bask in his own glory while out of touch with American majority - check.
Laugh all the way to the ballot box - check.

edit on 28/7/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

And the point went right over your head, as usual.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
transcripts.cnn.com...

GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH (R-TX), PRESIDENT-ELECT: I told all four that there were going to be some times where we don't agree with each other. But that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.

How soon we forget how George W Bush cracked these same kinds of jokes...

Also, are we all just going to ingore the part where Obama said "...that's now how our democracy functions."? Seems pretty clear that he does NOT want to be a dictator. But, whatever, people will twist this to fit their world view no matter what is said.
edit on 28-7-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
transcripts.cnn.com...

GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH (R-TX), PRESIDENT-ELECT: I told all four that there were going to be some times where we don't agree with each other. But that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.

The only difference is that he is no longer in power and the threat is moot.

When Obama is no longer in power, we can all laugh at his jokes as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If any GOP predident had been caught saying something like that, the left would be soiling themselves.

Good list but you forgot the ever popular gnashing of teeth and rending of garments.

Democrats. What is the best thing in life?

(in any accent other than a Southern American one)

To see your enemies racially divided before you; to makes some propaganda showing the oppression of the little brown people and make sure and highlight the lamentations of their women and children.

The sheeple eat that crap up!

You can't make stuff like this up what a douche bag the POTUS is. Yet, people still think the sun rises and sets out of his fourth point of contact.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

transcripts.cnn.com...

The only difference is that he is no longer in power and the threat is moot.

When Obama is no longer in power, we can all laugh at his jokes as well.

...but Bush said this as he was taking power? He said this as President-Elect of the United States.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

But it never happened. We have the luxury of looking back and saying *whew* no dictatorship.

Not so much with Obama. Then again, when he loses next year, we'll all be able to say *whew*

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

But it never happened. We have the luxury of looking back and saying *whew* no dictatorship.

Not so much with Obama. Then again, when he loses next year, we'll all be able to say *whew*

"...that's now how our democracy functions."

Within the context of the speech, does this last line not jump out at you and say "Obama does not want a dictatorship"?

If it's ok for Bush to crack these kinds of jokes as he's taking power - and if we're running on the usual Republican "It's ok for us to do this because So and So did this in the past" - then clearly we should be ok with this same sort of joke coming from Obama?

Silly question, I know. We've all got talking points and party lines to follow.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

"...that's now how our democracy functions."

Within the context of the speech, does this last line not jump out at you and say "Obama does not want a dictatorship"?

If it's ok for Bush to crack these kinds of jokes as he's taking power - and if we're running on the usual Republican "It's ok for us to do this because So and So did this in the past" - then clearly we should be ok with this same sort of joke coming from Obama?

Silly question, I know. We've all got talking points and party lines to follow.

No talking points. Not going to turn this into a Bush-bash. No reason to. HE'S not in power. Obama is. When Bush said it, we all hoped he was joking.
Now that Obama is saying it?

Again, I'll laugh when he is out of power. Until then, not so much.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihilIf it's ok for Bush to crack these kinds of jokes as he's taking power - and if we're running on the usual Republican "It's ok for us to do this because So and So did this in the past" - then clearly we should be ok with this same sort of joke coming from Obama?

I Know he was making a joke the scary thing about it was the crowd’s reaction to it.

When he made the statement perhaps in jest that he'd love to have the power to skip congress they started shouting - Yes, you can!

He and his handlers are responsible for creating the cult of personality and star power that surrounds him. They have done this simply to make up for his lack of substance (a valid strategy I guess since there is not much there to work with other than charisma and looks) but the unintended consequence is that large groups of people who have been given victim status in our society through their protected statuses under EEO and Affirmative Action are latching onto him as some kind of messiah – set to bring in a new age.

That is what scares me –for example, the Obama Youth who took to marching in paramilitary style chanting his praises and little girls singing his songs. One, who has a shred of objectivism can't see those things in the context of knowing about the cult of personality surrounding individuals like Kin Jong il, Mao, and Hitler even without a slight shudder.

Obama himself may not be arranging these type things but the fact that people obviously are thirsting for an idol to worship is scary to me. Then again maybe it’s all part of the plan and he’s just using the old plausible deniability clause?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Funny enough, this is not a democracy . . .

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

No talking points. Not going to turn this into a Bush-bash. No reason to. HE'S not in power. Obama is. When Bush said it, we all hoped he was joking.
Now that Obama is saying it?

Again, I'll laugh when he is out of power. Until then, not so much.

I really hate when I can predict what a reply will say before it's posted.

It was a joke, just as Bush's was a joke, and the full text in-context makes that very clear. If you refuse to see that, then there's really nothing more I can say on the subject as you're clearly bent on viewing this one way.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

IMO, I do not mind the joke. I smiled a bit at it.

What bothered me was La Raza's reaction to the joke.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Step:
1. sympothy
2. influx
3. race card
4. confrontation
5. conflict
6. reign
7. Ordo ab Chao

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Lets take a look at this from anyone in a leadership position. From the President to the political leader in the little town meeting in the backwoods somewhere. Every person that holds a position by election it seems to me, has to like being in control of others lives. In the larger view of events the decisions they make support this. Then lets add in the human ego, vanity, feeling of power. feeling of etc,etc.
Everyone likes to believe that their point of view is the right answer to the problem, question etc,etc. at hand, and will go to great links to impress this point upon others. But to what end?

Let me end this long reply short.
If I were this type of person that enjoyed having control over your life. Loved the feeling of power etc,etc. I would give time to a snake! If it would add a vote for me in the next election.

Vote for me I'll set you free.
Good for me, that you don't know the price tag that comes with your freedom until its to late. I'll see you next term.
And please remember. I'm here to help you have a better life.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Bush said pretty much the same thing during his presidency:

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join