It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speech to La Raza: "Very Tempting" to Become a Dictator

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

thats fair Im sorry Im just so sick of this guy when can we impeach him?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well, we can all hope this was a joke. If not..

Viva la resistance!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I wonder how many audience members even know or heard about the Operation Fast and Furious?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
On one hand I see the presidents attempt at a bit of political satire. On the other, more skeptical hand, I see a president pandering to whatever group he has been told is willing to put their weight behind him.

Is my assertion accurate? To me, yes. To you, maybe not so.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
If any GOP predident had been caught saying something like that, the left would be soiling themselves.
We're talking marches
Protests
24/7 coverage on the MSM
T-shirts
Empassioned pleas in congress
wailing mothers
political cartoons
tv shows being pre-empted
over-turned cars
riots
cats and dogs living together
comets crashing into earth
beer going flat
Jesus returning, looking around, then saying, "Forget it!"

But have a democrat president say it?

"Meh."

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Reply to post by blackrain17

I'm sure they heard a buch of white racist rednecks dumped a load of guns into the hands of the peaceful and ignorant cartels just to incite those dirty Mexicans to kill each other.

Damn racist rednecks. Obamas only trying to stop the hate.

As long as you know your audience you can spin anything. You don't even have to be half convincing when the audience is so eager to believe.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Such an organization would be rather redundant, actually.

Unless your notion of "making sure Caucasians have fair representation in government" actually means reducing the number of Caucasians in government, to reflect the actual demographics

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Funny. none of that happened when Bush said it.

You know, "It'd be a lot easier if I were a dictator"?

We had the sense to know it was a joke. Maybe in poor taste, but, well, who expects taste from a Texan?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
As long as you know your audience you can spin anything. You don't even have to be half convincing when the audience is so eager to believe.

Isn't that Speech 101?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Such an organization would be rather redundant, actually.

Unless your notion of "making sure Caucasians have fair representation in government" actually means reducing the number of Caucasians in government, to reflect the actual demographics

By your "lol" I wonder are you being sarcastic? Should we force demographic based representation or allow the People to chose regardless of what statistics say about representation based on demographics?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Funny. none of that happened when Bush said it.

You know, "It'd be a lot easier if I were a dictator"?

We had the sense to know it was a joke. Maybe in poor taste, but, well, who expects taste from a Texan?

Link?
ETA; found several references to jokes, not during a speech to an extremist organization.
And I was right. Found the references at DailyKos. They did wee themselves.
edit on 28-7-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by silent thunder

Nice spin.
Very nice.
Taken completely out of context. But I guess only headlines count and not content.

Kind of hard to "take out of context" his words...on video...with him speaking them.

He is not "tempted" to become a dictator. He already is one. And he has been given dictatorial power by the Congress. They have let him terrorize Libya without constitutional authority, he has perpetuated the Wipe Your Butt With the Constitution Act (otherwise known as the Patriot Act) with congressional approval, and they have let him tell Americans what they are going to do with their wages and bodies via Obamacare. He sees himself as an emperor and carries himself so.

And La Raza wants him in that position because herr Obama will give them guns (operation Gun Runner anyone? anyone? Bueller?) to kill the gringos that took their mythical Aztlan away from them.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sure thing.

Didn't see too many over-turned cars, riots, or MSM coverage.
edit on 28/7/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Well, he's (sarcastically, I know) talking about starting an organization dedicated to making sure caucasians get fair representation in government.

Which opens up two options.

Either such an organization would be claiming that Caucasians don't have enough representation in government (which would be just about the funniest claim ever made...)
or
The organization would feel that they have an unfair amount of representation.

Basically, my point is that a "white rights" organization is pretty much utterly redundant in this country. I mean if you want to try, be my guest, but you'll spend most of your time being really bored.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Hmm, I was wrong.

Maybe it's because you guys would prefer a dictator.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The first video is very aligned with the OPs assertion and is nothing new. The second, is edited before we know what former President Bush is referring to. That video states "It would be a heck of a lot easier no doubt about it". What exactly is the subject? Based on the video he could be saying that condoms are easier than pulling out!

They all lie. They all make up stories and yet we, the public bitch and moan and still vote them into office....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, let's be honest... a dictator is probably more electable than anyone in either party right now.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Basically, my point is that a "white rights" organization is pretty much utterly redundant in this country. I mean if you want to try, be my guest, but you'll spend most of your time being really bored.

My stance is....represent the People. White, brown, black, yellow, green. Each has their flaws...that are not inherent nor connected to, their color.

This president, along with nearly all presidents of modern era have realized that pandering is effective.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Well, problem is, mainstream politics does not represent minorities or their interests. Who's in Washington, fighting the good fight for the people living in tents up in the Black Hills? Who in Washington is standing up to preserve the homes and neighborhoods of New Orleans, instead of helping sell them out to corporate donors? Who in Washington is taking honest immigration reform seriously?

Mainstream politics represent majorities and the powerful. Minorities and the powerless don't get hte grace of mainstream politics; they're shoveled over to "special interests" and "protest politics", whether htye be a minority ethnicity, the poor, or whoever.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Well, let's be honest... a dictator is probably more electable than anyone in either party right now.

*sigh*
Alright.

The Tuber Party Candidate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join