It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speech to La Raza: "Very Tempting" to Become a Dictator

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
First of all I am unhappy that the president is addressing a racist, anti-American organization like La Raza in the first place. But when one examines the content of his speech it gets even creepier.

President Barack Obama: "Now I know some people want me to bypass congress and change the laws on my own..."

-Applause-

Obama: Believe me, and...(smile) and, and, and believe me right now dealing with congress...the idea...

Crowd erupts saying: "Yes You Can! Yes You Can!"

Obama laughs and smiles

Crowd gets even louder: "Yes You Can! Yes You Can!"

Obama: But, but, but believe me...uh...believe me the idea of doing things on my own are very tempting.

Crowd laughs

Obama: I promise you, not just on immigration reform...

Crowd laughs

Obama: But that's not how...that's not how our system works...

Lady in the crowd: Change it!

Obama: ...that's now how our democracy functions.

Source/article:
www.postchronicle.com...

edit on 7/27/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I don’t see a conspiracy here, he’s simply making a joke about what a pain dealing with the bickering infants in congress is. He is hardly saying he wishes to be a dictator.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
wow thats pretty sickening, and there are actually people in the crowd that support this notion, what the heck are they smoking.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The simple fact that the President would address a group called La Raza

"The Race"

is a disgrace.

Nothing this guy does anymore surprises me.

When he lets the gov. default, and the USA's credit ranking tanks, we will all have higher interest rates on credit cards, home loans, car loans.

Everything he is doing is by design, it's so perfect.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

The president's words are always significant, especially when he addresses a radical organization like La Raza.

And I agree with you, I see no "conspiracy" but perhaps a revealing look into political dynamics. (Since ATS bills itself as a website for "alternative topics," not everything has to be a conspiracy, right?)

I am viewing this not as a conspiracy but as a chance to examine a little political moment that won't be picked up by the wider non-"alternative" media. The crowd likes this idea! What kind of people cheer on even the suggestion of a dictatorship at a sensitive time?

The president should know better, the people deserve to know how he is spending his time and the kinds of people he feels he can "let down his hair with."
edit on 7/28/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I don’t see a conspiracy here, he’s simply making a joke about what a pain dealing with the bickering infants in congress is. He is hardly saying he wishes to be a dictator.

Right! And the crowd chants, change it! change it! change it! His expressions were cunning. He's testing the water, putting this out there. Not a problem, nothing to see, move along, move along, this is all normal.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wow.

People would fly off the handle if Bush were to speak at a KKK meeting.

But it is okay for Obama to speak at a La Raza meeting.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Nice spin.
Very nice.
Taken completely out of context. But I guess only headlines count and not content.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I hope your have a good way to prove that, Professor X.

Because "I know what he's really thinking" has always been a silly argument on this sight.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Just to back you up, because SOMEONE will come in here claiming La Raza means "The People".

No, it does not.

--In the Spanish language the term La Raza translates literally to "the race" and more symbolically to "the people." Link--

--raza
feminine noun
1. race (humana)

raza humana -> human race
la raza blanca -> whites, white people

2. breed (animal)

de (pura) raza -> thoroughbred; (caballo) pedigree (perro)

Link--

Try it yourself.. Type in la raza. See what it gets you.
Now press the button in the middle and flip it around. Now type pure race (Pura Raza) vs pure people (Pura Gente).

I grew up and still live 10 miles from the Mexico-Texas border in deep south Texas. My first language was spanish. You can't tell me that La Raza is not a racist organization. I know of it first hand. Viva la Raza my ass.
edit on 7/28/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's All about Black America, with the Black House, Black picket fences, Black dollars, Black Entertainment, Black gold...

And a BLACK EYE for you cracker! OOSAH! Hello Black Jebus Obama, the yes we did SAVIOR of ...

ahem.... sorry... My comic reality sometimes expands elastically and tends to reach out and ... WOOOOHOOOO! TOUCH THE KOOLAID!

Black Wall Street....

/sarcasmorgasm

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

What about the changing of having to have congressional approval to fight more than 90 days in Lybia? What about the "fast and furious" ring broken up that was an attempt to take away our gun rights? How can you or anyone for that matter still stand by this guy?! Seriously? How?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

First of all I am unhappy that the president is addressing a racist, anti-American organization

not surprising coming from one of the biggest racist american haters this country has even known.

if you think for one second he wouldnt HE WOULD.

this is my problem here the people supported it they want it and go yes more please.

that want to be controlled by a dictator and its scary as hell.

people always try to pass the right and bush off as fascists but when i see stuff like that its proves beyond a shadow of a doubt who the real fascists are in this country

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I am going to start the NCAK. National Council of Aryan Klansmen. I will claim that it is not racist, but to make sure that every Caucasian male gets an education, and fair representation in government. I will distance myself from the white supremacists, but will subtly push the same agenda.

When asked about it, I will make it perfectly clear that it is not a racist or sexist organization, even though our names mean the same thing, and we both push the same agenda, but from different angles.

I wonder how well that would go over.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

you would get called a nazi or neo nazi and it wouldnt go over too well youd have the alcu knocking on your door

and the left haters and msnbc spots on 24/7

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

La Raza meeting

What's wrong with the group?

Since when is representing Hispanics rights a problem?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Obama could have said he's the devil to this crowd and they wouldn't care and cheer, "Yes you can!!!" "Yes you can!!!"

This crowd has no idea what's going on, all Obama has to promise is welfare checks and easier immigration laws.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

La Raza meeting

What's wrong with the group?

Since when is representing Hispanics rights a problem?

Really?

National Council of The Race.

How would that go over if it was a bunch of white people?

National Council of the Aryan Klansmen.

neo96 hit the nail on the head.

'Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
What about the changing of having to have congressional approval to fight more than 90 days in Lybia? What about the "fast and furious" ring broken up that was an attempt to take away our gun rights? How can you or anyone for that matter still stand by this guy?! Seriously? How?

I'm hardly standing up for this, guy. I am simply pointing out that he was making a joke.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

most of them are illegal.

that's what's wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join