It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police beat, taser mentally ill homeless man to death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I'm as fair and open to both sides of the story as anyone, but already we're seeing plenty of eye witnesses saying it was murder.

The truth is easier to see in the beginning, before the police and lawyers have a chance to spin the situation. Go spend 30 seconds looking at his deathbed picture, and tell me these police were protecting themselves. Six versus one. Six people with weapons versus one unarmed man.

I don't see any images of the "broken bones" or "soft tissue damage" from the police.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by Nkinga

How about waiting for all the information to come out. So many people on this site are ready to believe anything before they have the whole story it really amazes me sometimes how you guys are so spoonfed. Get all the facts than make up your own mind about what was justified or not.

No need to be sheep and follow the crowd.

and what kind of information could possibly justify these actions?? Did he have a weapon ?..was he shooting at the police?? Anybody who can justify the actions of these officers is twisted morally, in my opinion.

The saddest part of all this is his father has to live with the memory of how his son was brutalized while calling for him...If I heard and watched my son calling out for me while watching a video of this happening ..I think I would lose it. To watch your sons death and hear him call out for you has to be emotionally devastating.

The only solace to this story is that this homeless guy is out of this crappy world..I hope his soul is in a beautiful place..and at peace...and I hope he has a way to let his dad know hes ok now...
edit on 27-7-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

Because they haven't released any information yet. I agree I don't see how the police will be able to get out of this one as it's reminiscent of the Rodney King pictures but I still don't make calls without seeing evidence and making up my own mind.

Neither should any of you.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

I feel very upset and my heart goes out to the young man that died and those who love him.

I live in Seattle, WA and we have had some problems of a similar sort here. Here is an article on an investigation that happened. The FBI got involved.

www.komonews.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Because they haven't released any information yet. I agree I don't see how the police will be able to get out of this one as it's reminiscent of the Rodney King pictures but I still don't make calls without seeing evidence and making up my own mind.

The evidence is pretty much in the video and pics...I don't appreciate you telling me how I should see things.. ... this was a classic case of police brutality. Had this been one of your children...would you wait till the trial was fully over before coming to any conclusions?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Nkinga

I feel very upset and my heart goes out to the young man that died and those who love him.

I live in Seattle, WA and we have had some problems of a similar sort here. Here is an article on an investigation that happened. The FBI got involved.

www.komonews.com...

I can't watch anymore videos of police brutality today or I'll blow a gasket.....So happy to hear there is some justice being applied here though...more of that needs to happen.

I fear for the cops who aren't like that...some will have to bare the brunt of really bad choices by their fellow officers....when some citizen snaps .

There are some nasty cops out there..who need to be in jail.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by Nkinga

Here is more on it, someone has apparently made a website about this whole thing..
www.fullertonsfuture.org...

Be sure to read the whole thing...it appears the photo they put out saying it was Kelly Thomas...was not Kelly Thomas at all....they put out a fake picture (or rather, it is a picture of an actual person, just not the person they are claiming it to be) Kelly had red hair, small nose, and was much much younger.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Nkinga because: (no reason given)

Your vague posting may lead some to believe the photo of the mangled faced deceased photo was fake. IT IS NOT FAKE!

That picture taken in the hospital IS OF KELLY.THOMAS

The fake photo is a mug shot of a scary looking man put out by the FPD in an attempt to mislead the public.

This image was included in a story at Fullerton Stories here and purports to be a 2009 police booking photo of recent Fullerton homicide victim Kelly Thomas that was, presumably, provided by the ever helpful FPD spokehole Andrew Goodrich. Well, this is certainly a scary looking dude: pretty buff and mangy, and sufficiently angry-looking to scare the good folks of Fullerton right back into complacency about the homicide of a mentally-ill homeless man.

The only trouble is that it isn’t Kelly Thomas at all. His parents say this isn’t their son. But we don’t need their expert opinion. Apart from a large nose that is completely different from every other picture of Thomas, Kelly’s hair was flaming red, a simple fact illustrated in every other picture of him in the Fullerton Stories piece.

So what gives? Is this just a cheapjack trick by Goodrich & Co. to degrade the victim by presenting Kelly Thomas as a surly, muscular threat to Fullerton’s delicate residents? If so, the Fullerton Police Department has actually hit a new low, and given recent events that’s pretty goddam hard for them to do. But it’s just when you think you’ve hit the FPD basement you find out there are even lower levels.

I will await a comical explanation from the Good Sergeant Goodrich, but of course I won’t be holding my breath.

Picture can be seen by following the link, however I will not add to post to avoid being misleading.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting. Those cops are worse then criminals. Its amazing to me that none of them told their fellow officers to stop. Its not adrenaline going, you have time to electrocute someone 5 or more times ? They are just plain sociopaths. People wont even treat dogs that way cops treat people these days.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

kro,

I'm going to follow this case. If reliable evidence comes out that shows he was a threat to these SIX officers, and they needed to beat him to death for fear of their own lives, I'll happily eat my words.

I just can't see any justification whatsoever for six armed "keepers of the peace" to beat and torture a homeless man to death while he cries out for help. Reading this and seeing the images/video literally made my stomach flip. These cops lost control and went far beyond what was necessary to restrain their suspect.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

The photo I was talking about was not the hospital picture. When you go onto the fullertonfuture.org site, the first pic you see is of the old man with long straggly hair. THat is the picture I was referring to, and I think just about everyone so far on here could understand that. Sorry if anyone was confused.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Kro32, I'm usually not one to get upset with people who have their own opinions. But as far as I can see you are not bringing anything useful at all to the conversation. I can see if he had a gun, a weapon, etc...great..he resisted arrest, great..he struggle against them..Great..he may have even fought against them...the fact remains..IT. DOES. NOT. MATTER. Doesn't matter one iota! in fact? I DON'T CARE! don't care if he resisted, don't care if he fought against them.....the fact is, it took six men to get him down..that I can overlook...but after he was down, and cuffed, those 6 men continued to beat and taser him. So, think about it..he's down on the ground, on his stomach, he is then cuffed. He is then unable to move. Yet, is continued to be beaten and tasered. You obviously have no common sense.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The videos and evidence are quite clear that these cops ""deserve"" to be hunted down, their heads cut off, and mounted on poles at the Fullerton PD front door..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Where's the compassion?I don't understand this kind of anger,it's so beyond anything I have ever felt.It seems like the police department are only hiring sociopaths these days.If these cops are that unstable that they resort to beating the person to death,they don't need to be wearing the uniform,they need to screen them for mental stability.Seems there is something lacking in them and in there training,...I wonder if they treat their family and children like this?

Oh and when they say "they will be more information coming out"or "there's more to the story"is BS all they are doing is buying more time to make up more lies to defend their actions.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
These six police officers beating a homeless man to death is impossible to justify.

They knew what they were doing and we all know that whether you want to admit that yourself or not I care not.

What makes them so angry that they do this? or is it just some "justice"?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Disturbing, disgusting and completely unjustifiable, no matter how you look at it.

There has got to be changes, something has to happen within law enforcement.

It seems that in some areas within law enforcement there are small groups of really bad cops, who will eventually ignite a kind of civil unrest never before seen through their brutality and arbitrary use of lethal force, too often.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
simple rule...don't resist, and don't talk back...if you do, it creates so much fear in cops that they will severly punish you until they feel safe again. just putting cuffs on a person and putting him in a squad car, does not satisfy the adrenaline rush of power, and retribution, that overtakes the officers in these situations. i don't know why people don't understand this.
this isn't the andy griffth show and it is not located in mayberry

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's been a day or two since our last new thread about police abuse, so obviously we were due. Cops just can't help themselves. It's the personalities, and the need to flex their authority.

But seriously, just about every single day something pops up. As for the story, my heart goes out to this man. We're all humans, some more fortunate than others. Makes me sick the guys in blue who should exhibit better judgement than the public at large, time and again show good judgement simpy doesn't exist on the force. I'd go as far to say to be a cop in the first place, you're most likely not a very good human being to begin with. Think about that. With all these reports of police abuse popping up daily, who the hell would go down the their local precinct and turn in an application? My guess, someone who isn't successful, got picked on a lot as a kid, and wants some revenge.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

The evidence is pretty much in the video and pics...I don't appreciate you telling me how I should see things.. ... this was a classic case of police brutality. Had this been one of your children...would you wait till the trial was fully over before coming to any conclusions?

Well hell what do we need courts for if we can judge things just by pictures. Let's fire the judges and the lawyers and just string these cops up cause we all know they are guilty and don't deserve to present their side or have a fair trial.

We've seen the pictures.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by kro32

Kro32, I'm usually not one to get upset with people who have their own opinions. But as far as I can see you are not bringing anything useful at all to the conversation. I can see if he had a gun, a weapon, etc...great..he resisted arrest, great..he struggle against them..Great..he may have even fought against them...the fact remains..IT. DOES. NOT. MATTER. Doesn't matter one iota! in fact? I DON'T CARE! don't care if he resisted, don't care if he fought against them.....the fact is, it took six men to get him down..that I can overlook...but after he was down, and cuffed, those 6 men continued to beat and taser him. So, think about it..he's down on the ground, on his stomach, he is then cuffed. He is then unable to move. Yet, is continued to be beaten and tasered. You obviously have no common sense.

And you know this how? Even the article states the video isn't clear so your basing this sure thing on eyewitness accounts which is only one side of the story. Maybe these eyewitnesses have grudges against the cops but the point is you don't know. You can't see what's happening in the video so quit judging till you get all sides and all the evidence instead of relying on eyewitness reports that you have no idea how credible they are.

That should be common sense.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
this is horribly wrong yet it does not suprise me.arnt the police meant to protect society not bash some poor lads head in,i want to say they deserve the same punishment they gave to him but if it was eye for an eye we wouldnt stop until everyones blind.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join