It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

www.cnn.com

New York (CNN) -- Workers who were involved in the response to the World Trade Center attack will not have their cancer treatments compensated under a program set up after September 11, according to a controversial decision released Tuesday by the World Trade Center Health Program.
There is inadequate "published scientific and medical findings" that a causal link exists between September 11 exposures and the occurrence of cancer in responders and survivors, program Administrator John Howard said in a statement.
The decision forms part of the first periodic review of what the James Zadroga
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I find this ridiculous, as one Senator in the article says this is very premature and I think it is a way for them to save a little dough. For some reason the pain and suffering that happened that awful day has to continue on through stories such as these people. There are simply way too many cases of responders getting cancer and rare cancers, that this can not be ignored. How they can not cover this is insane!
I feel for the responders and families of the responders, who went out of their way that day to do good for the people of America and now are suffering for it, with no help from the government.
As one person, says in the article it would have at least brought some closure, but that appears will never happened.
Another day comes and another day I am ashamed of our government.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
WAIT WAIT CANCER? since when do explosions cause cancer or the parts they were around..?? sounds like
nuclear or radiation exposure hmm??

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Those towers were chock full of asbestos. When the towers came down all that material was pulverized into a fine dust and subsequently breathed in by First Responders. That so-and-so Christie Whitman, head of the EPA at the time, giving assurances that the air was just fine and dandy. Sure, Christie. Why would microscopic particles of asbestos be of any concern? Asbestos that was all too well known to have existed prior to 9/11.

These people were heroes and we have a bunch of bureaucrats deciding that hundreds of documented cases of cancer among First Responders, which would blow every insurance actuary table right out of the water, does not mean that their efforts have anything to do with their illness.

This royally sucks.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

Yes, it does indeed sound suspicious on how if it went down the way we are told that there would be so many cases of cancers and rare cancers happening to the responders. Maybe that is why they are saying that there are no links, so there would be no eyebrows raised and such thoughts being brought up.

Either way though there is no doubt there is an alarming high rate of these cancers occurring to the responders and it is a shame that they are not being covered by the program, and they and their families must suffer for it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Those towers were chock full of asbestos. When the towers came down all that material was pulverized into a fine dust and subsequently breathed in by First Responders. That so-and-so Christie Whitman, head of the EPA at the time, giving assurances that the air was just fine and dandy. Sure, Christie. Why would microscopic particles of asbestos be of any concern? Asbestos that was all too well known to have existed prior to 9/11.

These people were heroes and we have a bunch of bureaucrats deciding that hundreds of documented cases of cancer among First Responders, which would blow every insurance actuary table right out of the water, does not mean that their efforts have anything to do with their illness.

This royally sucks.

reply to post by Hessling

Very well put, yet not surprising that this has happened. Christie Whitman should be ashamed and be dealt with, but alas I am sure she will not.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I sen documentarys on this, hbo, cable channels over the past 8 years. The governor of NY, promised for those involved, thier was a $500 million account set aside for the workers who may/got ill. they were all denied any of the money* he lied to them all. one must wonder, where did all that $500 million go

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Yes, just another broken promise that has been made by politicians and our government.

It is also just another slap in the face to the responders, like the one in one of the provisions of the Zadroga bill where before they were able to qualify for help from being ill that they would have to be checked against the terror watch list.
Link here: newyork.cbslocal.com...

And now those with cancer will not even be getting any help.

It is a disgrace!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Those who helped out, at least, deserve some kinda payment. they got sick, and the governor flat out lied. way too go NWO state of NY.
you really dropped the ball on this one for those who deserve more than a middle finger.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Like Hessling stated above, those building were covered in asbestos, Larry Silverstein was ordered to have it removed. It would have cost over 1 billion dollars to have it stripped and removed, no insurance would touch it and a month later...

They need to sue Larry Silverstein it was his asbestos.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

Wouldn't first responders be people like firemen and policemen? Don't they already have health care coverage?

What am I missing?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
In the documentary, they showed larry silverstein in court, being awarded 2 property insurance claims, instead of 1..he got 2 insurance deals when it should have been one. that is sketchy as all hell. he made off with something like $14 billion form the property of the twin towers! thats sick! i wonder what connection or deal he made with the government for that too happen.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
But right now,, the most important question is, you NY's ned to gang up on the governor at least, and demand where the $500 million went* where did the promise of this money for those it was promised go...
go in steps. then gang up n demand for the state of NY to pay the medical bills of those who were helping at the twin towers.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Ahh yes the suspicious and rich Larry Silverstein. He should definitely be held accountable, but it will never happen.

reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes, but there claims have been denied many times over and over. There are many cases out there where families have been fighting for years to get some, any pay for medical, medication, and pay that were needed. Caused from them being there for the people of our country at that time.
Also, a lot of the responders were volunteers and volunteer firefighters, and they do not have health insurance.
Our government has continually for a decade now treated these heroes like shut and keep spitting in their faces.
Many have died from illnesses caused from being there and many more will die, it is the right thing to due for our government to help out, instead of idly sitting back and watching this happen.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

"Silverstein put up $14 million of his own money to secure the deal. The terms of the lease gave Silverstein, as leaseholder, the right and the obligation to rebuild the structures if destroyed."

Around a little more than a month later 9/11 happened. It is just a tad suspicious to me.

"After a protracted dispute with insurers over the amount of coverage available for rebuilding World Trade Center buildings 1, 2, 4 and 5, a series of court decisions determined that a maximum of $4.55 billion was payable and settlements were reached with the insurers in 2007."

Not bad, huh?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Here is a link to Wikipedia's page concerning Health effects arising from the September 11 attacks. I do not think anything has been added to it since March 2009, but it covers mainly everything except the newer slaps to the faces of the responders and should be looked at by those interested and concerned at what is going on here.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The government let the tobacco companies get away with lying to congress for years before some of their CEO finally blew the whistle and in the end plenty of scientist on the Tobacco payroll end up testifying to a congressional hearing, testifying to the fact they were all paid to falsified their scientific reports making the claim that smoking cigarettes was harmless.

What I believe is going on here is if the government pays for the cancer treatments for the first responders that are dying of this unusual cancer it may opened the door for plenty of medical testing to figure out exactly what it is that has caused this strange cancer.

I have no doubt that doctors may find large amount of a Nano- thermite particles in most of the first responders blood stream, a chemical ingredient that should not be in the WTC or at ground zero. If too many doctors treating these first responders discover other particles in their patients lungs, and blood, that turn out to be something that is military grade and not something used commercially in normal building materials then the government is going to have a serious problem on their hands. The problem will be this: Doctors from NYC discover Military grade thermite and asbestos in all of their patients; Doctors come across as credible people, if these doctors expose their findings then the government backs will be against the wall.
The government will have to dream up another new lie to why all these first responders where exposed to military grade thematic material only use by our military in making weapons at ground zero.

Think about that for a minute how much do we know about super Nano thermite, probably very little and has there been any case studies done for human exposer to the lungs, skin, blood, etc.…

I bet anything our government didn’t think about their long term side effects of their False Flag and that not only scientist could expose our government but now doctors will be doing it to. When the population starts to see credible professionals such as doctors and scientists demanding new inquiries to why are US military grade ingredients, chemicals materials discovered in their patients from ground zero. If the government continues to ignore their plea of a new investigation, then perhaps everyone will realize that a small part of our government is hiding something very damming that could prosecute them for covering up their False Flag.

But for now, there will be no paid medical testing done because the insurance companies are not going to pay for them, another way for the government to hide their cancer causing ingredients that might have brought down the WTC. This is only my opinion and one possibility.

edit on 27-7-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
oh the sweet sweet hypocrisy!!!!

these same politicians that depend on such words as "9/11", "terrorism", "patriots", "heros", "never forget", etc.. to get elected, and then this BS.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
ah yeas, it was $4 billion, my 14 billon was too high. i know it was a 4 and billion in the mix. yeah that too..he secured the deal not far from when the planes hit the towers. it is indeed, suspiscous. remember, WTC 7, so i learned, contained SS offices, CIA, and documents of CEO's, and politicans under federal investigation. take the building down, and no more evidence..thats my overview of why WTC 7 fell. it wasnt even hit by any planes or large piece of debris!!! and it collasped.
it was romored i had heard, that allegedly, when the towers fell, of course, all air traffic was halted..but a few planes were allowed to leave. thats something to look into/re investigate. its said by some, bin laden was on those planes, or some of those responsable for bringing the towers dwon. the planes few out over the northteast and atlanitc, from what i remember. so! if it was true, along with larry silverstein securing this deal...ide say its much closer to an inside job then* along with WTC 7 collasping, with its federal court cases.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Definitely a great point you bring up and thank you for chiming in on an extremely important topic/discussion.
I do hope that doctors eventually are able to do some medical testing and find out the causes of these rare illnesses, cancers, and diseases.
If their is indeed something suspicious to be found, and I believe there is, it would definitely be a important reason for our government to not pay for treatments and medical attention. I bet they would be shaking in their boots if it were to happen, because you are right, people would believe credible people like doctors. And the word would spread fast, especially will the numerous cases out there, as well as all the attention there would be around it (since it would be about 9/11 responders).
I hope this does happen, though the government is good at lying and blinding people, and I would not doubt them coming up with something, although this time it would be hard to do.
Hopefully it does happen as the truth about what happened really needs to be found out and closes, and also very importantly the responders need desperately treatment and care, and the families need closure.

reply to post by wingsfan

Yes, it is truly sad. They use this as the platform to get where they are now and do as they please, and then they treat the people who helped save lives and clean the mess up like this. It makes me ashamed to be an American, when our leaders act this way, and they represent us to the world. No wonder no one likes us. (Among many other reasons).

Yes, there was indeed a lot of suspicious things going on around then, and now still in current events that are happening these days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join