It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Program won't cover 9/11 responders for cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Those towers were chock full of asbestos. When the towers came down all that material was pulverized into a fine dust and subsequently breathed in by First Responders. That so-and-so Christie Whitman, head of the EPA at the time, giving assurances that the air was just fine and dandy. Sure, Christie. Why would microscopic particles of asbestos be of any concern? Asbestos that was all too well known to have existed prior to 9/11.

These people were heroes and we have a bunch of bureaucrats deciding that hundreds of documented cases of cancer among First Responders, which would blow every insurance actuary table right out of the water, does not mean that their efforts have anything to do with their illness.

This royally sucks.

Rare and strange cancers aren't caused by asbestos!!!

My partners grand-dad died of asbestos related cancer and we have large compensation cases still ongoing, around Australia, about asbestos...but they only cause PARTICULAR types of cancer.

This is appauling...makes you wanna go back in time with a geiger counter to that very site on that very day.

Actually, everyone cleaning up after that, Construction workers and what not will be getting very ill now or soon too.

Don't worry, next will be the Fukushima fallout results, see Children, babies and unborn die in Japan in 'unusually' large numbers...and you will see this also in Canada and Northern parts of America. I've watched the clouds go over the US and then into Europe.

THIS IS WHY THEY WONT COVER IT.

Who's going to step up and say something? Who's going to arrange a collective voice loud enough?

I know the answer. And, sadly, you do too.

YOU CAN CHANGE THIS.
edit on 27-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
No state healthcare for all?

Shame that.

Does that mean they get to sit in the "Have not" corner or does the government provide health care?

edit on 27-7-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
In the documentary, they showed larry silverstein in court, being awarded 2 property insurance claims, instead of 1..he got 2 insurance deals when it should have been one. that is sketchy as all hell. he made off with something like $14 billion form the property of the twin towers! thats sick! i wonder what connection or deal he made with the government for that too happen.

The American people rallied around the US government.

The US government got its planned invasion of the Middle East.

Silverstein got his $14 billion.

That was the deal. Two out of the three groups that I mentioned won big time while the other got used.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Indeed these are rare cases that need to be looked into to find the cause of.
I too wish I could go back to that day to many places and learn of what actually went down. I am sure it would be mind shattering!
Oh everyone around there at that time has been getting ill and is mentioned in the Wikipedia link I posted in this thread.
Yes, you are sadly right there will be a lot of fallout results and illnesses from Fukushima.
In the end there is only one voice that will be loud enough to be heard to make a stand and chance. That voice is us as a collective voice. They will not and we must!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Beautifully put.

Yes we the people got messed with again and those who prospered off of this did it by taking advantage of us.

And in response to JennaDarling no health care does not work here like that. Wish it were that way, but sadly it is not.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
WAIT WAIT CANCER? since when do explosions cause cancer or the parts they were around..?? sounds like
nuclear or radiation exposure hmm??

Boeing used depleted uranium on aircraft wings for "ballasts".

It was free from the US Government to anybody that could find a use for it. So Boeing snapped it up and used it on aeroplanes.

Radiation was detected at the Pentagon...and would explain the hole...and why everything burnt up. Depleted Uranium burns up quick and hot.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Beautifully put.

Yes we the people got messed with again and those who prospered off of this did it by taking advantage of us.

And in response to JennaDarling no health care does not work here like that. Wish it were that way, but sadly it is not.

You do? Funny, everything I read on the internet forums and news was that most people DON'T want that and infact that is used as bashing other countries because of their state healthcare, oh no that is too much of a nanny state and so on. It's unconstitutional this it's unconstitutional that.

I don't get it, which is it?

I guess if one lives by the sword, they can also die by the sword.

edit on 27-7-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Darn lol

I was just about to post this but used the search, like so many people should, and found yours.

This is so sad! How in the world can they not "find" any relation to cancer and the aftermath of 9/11.

I am not a doctor or anything like that but I would think that plain old common sense would tell you that people who were directly around all that debris would become sick.

They were inhaling toxins DAILY, how can that NOT be a contributing factor to their health issues.

I feel bad for these people. They were there to help and now they are paying with their health and some with their lives.

It makes me SICK that it's been 10 years and these people are STILL fighting for help.

They spend all that money hunting terrorits and fighting wars yet they can't pay out to those who suffered that day from terrorists (lets not argue who they were, no matter who you think did it, they are still a terrorist)? AMAZING where their priorities are. If they took a fraction, very small one of what they spend on wars over there ALL these people could have been taken care of medically, but i guess bombing other countries is their priority.

I hope this gets over turned and these people get the help they deserve.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling
No state healthcare for all?

Shame that.

Does that mean they get to sit in the "Have not" corner or does the government provide health care?
Watch the movie "Sicko":

en.wikipedia.org...

Unable to receive and afford medical care in the U.S., the 9/11 rescue workers, as well as all of Moore's friends in the film needing medical attention, appear to sail from Miami to Cuba on three speedboats in order to obtain free medical care provided for the enemy combatants detained at the U.S. Guantanamo Bay detainment camp. The group arrives at the entrance channel to "Gitmo" and Moore uses a megaphone to request access, pleading for the 9/11 victims to receive treatment that is on par with the medical attention the "evildoers" are receiving. The attempt ceases when a siren is blown from the base, and the group moves on to Havana, where they purchase inexpensive medicine and receive free medical treatment.[8] Providing only their names and birth dates, the volunteers are hospitalized and receive medical attention. Before they leave, the 9/11 rescue workers are honored by a local Havana fire station.
It really makes you think when the 9/11 rescue workers don't get medical care as good as the enemy combatants supposedly responsible for 9/11. Is that upside-down and backwards or what?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Disgusting, but hardly surprising. The administration wants to spare a few bucks. Contracts with the Military Industrial Complex and the National Security Complex are more important, than the health of the first responders.

It took nearly 10 years, till the state reluctantly agreed to pay some compensation. Now more legal battles await the survivors. The state uses similar tactics like private health insurers. Delay the payments, till most of the possible victims have died.

Those who have risked their live and health for the state and are no longer of use for the state, can expect this kind of treatment. Here is how the state treats some veterans:

The Torture Hearings (about personal disorder discharge)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thanks for that information it would definitely explain why it burned so quickly, why radiation is detected, and some of these illnesses are happening. I can not believe though they let them use it knowing what it could do to people though. Just to save a few bucks, huh, the American way.

reply to post by JennaDarling

I would not mind having it that way at all. I know in other countries you pay when you are healthy and they take care of you when you are sick. That is how it should be instead of raping you when you are sick and need help the most. And I do not think any one here really understands our government and what they think.

reply to post by mblahnikluver

Haha, glad you did use the search button, so few do, and I did before I created this one just to be sure.
It is definitely sad they can not find a link when it is so blatantly in front of their faces, with so many cases, that it seems impossible not to see.
It is extremely terrible that over a decade these people are still fighting battles for help, when they risked their lives and are heroes to save fellow Americans. To see them treated this way is extremely disturbing.
It shows what our government thinks is more important, killing people for money, power, and greed, instead of taking care of heroes of our country. Truly sad.
I too hope it gets overturned, however I feel it will be a long fight, sadly, and one that will be tough to win. I hope they prevail and get what they deserve.

reply to post by Arbitrageur

Whether it is upside down or backwards, either way it is total BS. To treat prisoners better than heroes is truly disgusting. They would rather treat people who can still help them (prisoners) by getting information out of them, then those who risked their lives to save the people of America on one of it's worst and scary days. It makes me sad that I live in a country that is run like that.

reply to post by Drunkenshrew

All to save a few bucks and let heroes of our country die. What a great system, yuck. You are on the button though military and national security contracts rake in the dough and that is all the government cares about. Whether it kills some heroes of our country is not important at all.
Ten years to get some compensation, I wonder how long it will take for them to actually get all they deserved another ten? And you are right how many of them will even be alive by then? It seems they are buying time until there are as few as possible of them left to have to spend money to help.
You are only worth what you are able to do for the government, sadly.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Rally n gang up on NY's leaders..where did the $500 million set aside for us taxpayers who helped go? let it haunt em real good, bringing this up 10 years later, that is hasnt been forgotten,a nd in fact, like JFK, is being persued by many for the truth*

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

It is not just NY leaders, but all government officials who should be ashamed at how they are treating the responders, though they are largely at blame.
I would love to find out where every penny of that $500 mill that was set aside actually went to. I know a good amount went to paying lawyers to deny the claims of the responders and work against them, and I am sure it went it a good amount of other people's pockets who did not deserve it as well.
Hopefully and I believe whether it's ten, twenty, thirty, or so years later, that we will never forget what has been done then and since that awful day, and how they have treated the responders involved and the rest of the country.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

You would have to review each of the cases to know if the link is real or imagined. Without that, you have no idea who is right.

I know many were already covered under their jobs and are trying to double dip, but I don't know if that plays a part. The victims have received millions each already.

After every disaster many, many people milk it for all its worth.

I'd have to be neutral without anything else to judge this from.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Obviously the "enemy combatants" get better treatment at Gulagamo Bay than regular citizens; it costs valuable time and money to kidnap enemy civilians, reprogram their minds, and then release them back to conduct terrorism against their country.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

I know many were already covered under their jobs and are trying to double dip, but I don't know if that plays a part. The victims have received millions each already.

The September 11th Victim Compensation Fund was created to compensate the victims of the attack (or their families). 2003 was the dealine to file claims for this fund. Most of the money was not for healthcare, it was to compensate the victims families (average payout of $1.8 milion per family).

This thread is about health care for first responders. I would appreciate it, if you could provide a source for your claim, that first responders have already received huge sums for compensation. AFAIK many first responders are now in debt.They have to pay their medical bills for the treatment of their long-lasting diseases.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Thank you for saying that and explaining the difference, they are totally different things (victims and responders).

Also, Blaine91555 to say you do not know if the link is real or imagined is ridiculous to me. There are so many cases of responders with illnesses, cancers, and rare ones at that, that to me it is absurd to say it would be imagined. Maybe there is a couple cases that they naturally got it, but the odds are stacked to the side the link is real when there is so many cases out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join