It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Slips and Olde England...maybe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Time slip or wormhole?

The most fascinating story I ever heard was the one about the Bermuda Triangle.Florida pilot Bruce Gernon was on a return trip from the Bahamas to Palm Beach when...well just listen to him yourself

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Maybe this is what happens to all the missing person's cases every year. Maybe some of them are getting stuck in a different time. That sure would suck and help explain why some people seem to vanish off the face of the earth.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by reptiliannogmar

I'm no stranger to psilocybe...years ago. The thing is, these guys are 15 year old boys in the 1950s on a recce for the Naval Cadets. It's before Flower Power or recreational drug use...there's no suspicion that they'd been on a psychedelic trip.

I would beg to differ with you on this point. I can't speak for what was happening in the UK, but in the US at that time, the CIA, US army and other agencies and institutions were heavily engaged in testing drugs, even the yet not popular '___' on unsuspecting individuals. You can find a host of details in details in Hank Aberalli's book, "A Terrible Mistake" that is about the CIA's massive and long-lived program.

My personal experience seems to indicate that I was given a dose of '___' or something similar on a Saturday morning breakfast in early 1957 and which hit me as I became involved in off-duty, weekend activities. I suspect that something similar happened to these three, unsuspecting candidates. It would not be uncommon for them to have a co-mingled experience under such conditions.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Hiya AS, I know about the testing done on volunteer, and otherwise, servicemen and some bad practice occurred over the years...likely still does. As we don't know what really happened with these boys, I guess nothing should be ruled out completely.

That said, given their ages and the context given in the Mike Dash article, it's an explanation that doesn't appeal to me. I've enjoyed the comments in the thread and have read a little more...and still find the account a strange one.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Agreed, In my experience when a group of close friends have a psychadelic experience together the "trips" are very similar. If one person is creeped out by something they are all creeped out by something. If it makes one man laugh your all gonna laugh. It might even make you accuse your neighbor of being the lightmeister and hogging all the light or even tell the moon to stop being so whoopee goldberg. good times good times

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I truely believe that the couple in the 2nd part of this were on drugs. They stayed in a old french hotel/B&B and did not notice anything strange.. like the fact there is no windows? How was their car not noticed? Surely there would have been outdoor toilets then and other such things.

They probably drank a nice big mug of magic mushroom tea and headed off into the woods. Once there ther trip took over and the rest was history(pun intended)

Being serious though this does interest me but that video done by us guys in the UK is so cheesey it is hard to take seriously.
edit on 27-7-2011 by fatpastyhead because: Forgot to add something

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Great thread I swear somthing very similar happen to me when I was a kid. And I just played it off as my imagination. Now that I think about it more it seems more plausable.

The movie Timeline is a great explanation of some of these situations

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I rule out the use of drugs completely.

'___', LSA, MESCALINE and PSILOCYBIN, do not send you into other dimensions, or different realities.
The effects of the mentioned drugs above are merely like looking through a Kaleidoscope, and your whole hearing system is like it is being manipulated by a Digital Sound Synthesizer that can create weird and wonderful effects from the sounds that are around you. Time seems to slow down, but that is because your senses are distorted. Its just an illusion.

This thread resembles Amphetamine Psychosis, which is like your REM Dreams are being morphed with Reality.
However, no two people can have the exact same Amphetamine Psychosis Trip, at the exact same time.
That would be like saying that two people can have the exact same dream, at the exact same time.

'___', again is like Amphetamine Psychosis, fused with an '___' Trip. You get distorted visuals/audio when the eyes are open, but amazing like life dreams that you could never imagine when the eyes are closed.

Cannabis does not even deserve a mention on this.

So, like me, when you have taken the drugs mentioned above, you will know that this thread is not related to drugs in any way.

I cannot give you the scientific explanation, because I am not a Scientist but Drugs is not the answer. I hope while I am alive, that someone can give strong evidence to this phenomenon.

Interesting stuff OP. Thank you for this.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm of the belief that when people from varying backgrounds, ages, etc... all report stories that are similar, it is most likely more than just a "story"

I've also noticed that these time slip stories are generally so peculiar and unprovoked, perhaps sometimes life is stranger than fiction. I mean who would come up with this stuff?

If someone goes to a "haunted" house and gets spooked, well there are a ton of explanations, and after all they went in SEARCH of this alleged activity.

In the case of the time slips, people are generally just going about their lives, and BAM they pop in to another place in time. There have been many recent thought provoking time slip events posted here on ATS. I've had my own strange situations with space and time, and although I dont claim for a second to be able to wrap my mind around it, it definitely has an air of believability to it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is a fascinating subject too often dismissed as nonsense. I have a great book at home that covers this subject, it details scientific studies and facts on this phenomenon. For those with an interest - it is on Amazon:

www.amazon.com...

Really good read.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
well I emailed the writer of the blog because I have a few questions my self about the blog...

1)did the leave anything in the past or bring anything with them?

2) de-realization ????? I would appreciate a better description...

3)As stated here what experiments was her majesty's goverment running at the time this occured?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
just wow. i was searching like mad for recent threads on this topic only to end up finding that the newest ones were fired up last year. thanks for the thread and info, s&f

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

i've suffered from derealization a long time ago, after the 7.8 pointer earthquake we had around here back in august 17, 1999 followed by another 7.2 pointer in november 11, 1999 and it's something i not even wish my worst enemies (altho there're none
) would experience. it's like, one day you wake up and the place that surrounds you is your home and town but in a sense it is no longer the enivronment you were once familiar with. it's kind of alienation, i mean, i.e. the city you live is still the same but it feels as if the whole setting has moved into an entirely different planet. everything is the same, the city, town, streets, buildings etc. but it just feels strange. the sun seems to rise and set at different directions, the light just does not scatter the right way, as if the entire place incl. the city as a whole was loaded onto a giant space ship and moved to a different planet. weird at its best.

on a side note, the city was pretty intact after the quakes as it was not the epicenter, nor was it located on the fault line (thank god for that) so there were no collapsed buildings around us. in a sense it felt like a time slip though because things were no longer the same for a fair amount of time afterwards.
edit on 27-7-2011 by jamsession because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Star & flag for sure ~!!! I know I had a time slip of time for sure; I've posted it but in short it was a time slip of time not of location. There were 4 of us, 2 in one car and 2 in the other, me my friend in one car and my wife and her daughter (my step daughter) in the other. I'll repost my story below..

I think I had a time slip today. I wake up, it's 7:36am, I know this because I looked at the digital alarm clock, flew out of bed because i had over slept. By the time I was ready it was 8:10am, by the clock on the wall & the digital alarm clock sitting on the wife's night stand; grab a cup of coffee, which was already ready, check the clock again and it's 8:15am..

Go out the the car, start it, walk back in, wipe my glasses off, walk back out to the car, it's 8:25am by the clock in the car and it's correct, always. My wife drives us to an Arco which takes 15 mins to get there, which s/b about 8:40am, where I'll catch a ride with my friend & my wife will continue on to our daughters house.

I catch a ride with my friend, we go BACK to his house which is only 5mins away, across the overpass, hang a left, go down 3 blocks and your there. We spend ANOTHER, 15mins gathering stuff and head out, I check the clock in the car, and I'm getting a tad worried because we need to be there no later than 9:30am, it's 9;05am~! it takes 25-30mins to get there and it takes my wife a full 30mins ONE way to get to our daughters house!!

Me and my friend end up at our destination, and I see .my wife is already there....but kinda seemed odd, which I thought she should be since she dropped me off at the Arco and I took another 15mins at my friend house.

We walk inside and I check the clock fully expecting it to say .. 9:30am at least~!...........I was totally shocked and confused~!! It s/b 9:25/30 MINIMUM~~!! The clock is at .........9:15am~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was WT*~!! I pull out my cell phone and it's 9:16am~!!!!!!!!!!

Some how we all gained like 15mins?? ~!!!!! but that is odd is ..my wife should have NOT been there since she had to take another 15 mins to get from her daughters house and pick her up and then leave to get to the destination~!!

So I mention to her, how did you get here before us?? She said.. I got here 10mins before you did~!

How is this even possible ?? ?
From-Had a confirmed time slip today-thread

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

This Reminds me of 2 thing s

Old Irish legend Where there is Island that is in way different time & You will never Age !!!

You can live Forever & Ever But as Soon as you Step the Boundaries to Enter Back to Your Own World

You Will Age to what Time You Entered to the time you Came Back !

You May Become Dust when you Step the Boundaries

I remember this Legend but i cant remember the Name of the Storie/Legend is an island

anyone Know The Legend is Called ?

The Other is a Clip in the Movie Called Somewhere in Time base on
somewhere in time pt.3 or the 2:45 to understand or the 5.50 mark to see what im talking about ..

www.youtube.com...
The Legendary Writer Richard Matheson Bid Time Return

It the Part when Richard Collier (Reeves) when to see a Collage Professor( when he Found a Book about time travel to a person he me met ask about if
if Time Travel is Possible He then Told, Reeves/Collier his Experience about Time Travel
So Here is An Webpage that has more of info if your interested
Here is Brief to that
cheddarbay.com...

Somewhere in Time (film)
en.wikipedia.org...

The Book of what the Movie is based on

Bid Time Return
en.wikipedia.org...

Who knows what the Gateway Pineal Gland can do !!!

There is Out of Body Experience in Dimensions that individuals have been claimed to to !
Just maybe these 2 Cadets Tripped that imaginary Line somehow some way ....

edit on 27-7-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Nice post OP. I actually had a similar event occur when I was young. I was a Boy Scout at the time, and my troop was required to take a 20 mile hike along the Appalachian Trail in West Virginia to earn a merit badge. Our troop eventually split up along the trail and my friend Mike, and I went ahead of the rest of the group. At one point during the hike we entered and old West Virginian mining town. Everything there, seemed as if it were transported from another time. All the cars were from the 40's and 50's, everyone was dressed in very drab colors of greys and browns, and the restaurant where we bought a soda looked like a 40's diner. I didn't think much about it at the time, I just figured it was an old town. But, when the rest of the troop caught up with me and Mike, we asked them what they had thought about the town, and they stated that they hadn't seen any town fitting our description. I found the whole experience pretty bizarre.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

S&F. What an interesting story.

I have to agree with the OP that this sounds NOTHING like derealization. That is usually a symptom of depression or psychopathy where the world seems unreal or dreamlike... not where the actual outside world becomes strange to more than one person!

Here's a thought: What if the boys appeared as ghostly apparitions in the ancient town?
Maybe that's why they couldn't see any of the residents. I've often wondered if many ghosts aren't "ghosts" but timeslips from the past or future.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I had an experience similar to this "time slip" thread called "missing time". It was during 1987 when I was thirty years of age. According to my documents I am born in UK in 1957. For some reason that year 1987 I began suffering "schizophrenic hallucinations" and in fact since 1995 I am now diagnosed as schizophrenic and require daily medications of "Seroquel" to prevent the severe hallucinations from occurring that would render me completely unable to live a normal life. It was in the late summer of 1987 that I heard some male voices "in my head" as they say, although actually the voices were out in the garden or in the sky, going on and on about robbing a bank. So off I go to tell the police about my "psychic experience" in case that my statement might be of use to them in preventing a crime. It was the middle of the day. In fact still the morning. I remember leaving the house about eleven o'clock in the morning. As I walked down the road I remember that my auditory hallucinations were as real as day. Just thoughts really I suppose. I arrived at the police station at around twelve o'clock noon. It was clearly the middle of the day. This is when something really weird occurred to me. It was the middle of the day, but immediately I stepped through the door of the "Bethel Street" police station in Norwich UK it was suddenly the middle of the night. Twelve o'clock midnight. The police inside working at the desk were dressed in uniforms that were not normal. Their uniforms were a grey colour which I assure you is not normal in the UK. There was a very lightly dressed woman flopping about all over them. I felt really uncomfortable and nearly walked out immediately. However, the constable in his "foreign looking" grey uniform, asked me to stop. I stopped and explained that I wanted to write a statement. He gave me a pen and paper, but unfortunately for some reason my hand was so shaking that I was unable to write. So I simply left it and said goodbye and left. Departing into the darkness of the night. I simply accepted my situation. Reality is reality, whatever it might be. So we have here a missing time experience, plus some other strange phenomenon. For me the missing time is the most unexplainable thing about that experience. Twelve hours of missing time.

In fact the best way of talking about it is to call it "Multidimensionality Physics" or as some call it "Holographic Cosmology". In such a paradigm there are many, infinite in number, various potential outcome to whatever it is that is supposed to happen. All potential outcome are equally as real as each other, but as a manifestation of conscious awareness we only experience one line of conduct [conduction] as the material plane. All the infinite in number alternative lines of conduct [conduction] are holographically in our sub-consciousness. It is my scientifically arrived at contention that it is the Holy Spirit of Almighty God, She being the One Judge there be no other Judge, who will decide, out of the full spectrum of potential everything, what it will be that we will experience as the material world at any given instant. Thus, whether we know it or not, reality is actually no more real than a dream. Proof of this is found in the Cathode Ray Tube Experiment.

Each individual has their own unique pathway in and through the Multidimensionality Physics of the Cosmos. As they say 'que sera sera'. Which translates as "what will be will be". We must simply accept whatever it will be that God decides will be the reality that to our perception will be the material plane. No one can bribe God. No one can intimidate God. Her judgements are perfect. Ultimately whatever happens there is a reason for everything. Although in the reality as others know it we die, nevertheless in the reality as we know it, we continue to live. Thus in actuality there is no such a thing as death. In actuality we are immortal. Multidimensionality Physics is proof of this immortality.

Recently on the BBC News website I read that certain "scientists" are postulating that because the speed of light is what it is therefore time travel is not possible. I strongly disagree with such faulty logic. Such "scientists" are not the science that they are making themselves out to be. They are continually ignoring anything that does not fit into their very narrow minded mathematical materialist preconceptions about reality. I point out to everyone that in the Multidimensionality Physics paradigm the infinite past and the infinite future are holographically ever co-existent within us [subconsciousness] through the holography of the Quantum Entanglement process.

Albert Einstein called this Quantum Entanglement process "The Folding of the Fabric of Time and Space". The ancient Egyptians in their hieroglyphics called it the "Star Gate" process. Mystics in ancient far east called it "Chien Tao" [the way of heaven] or "Yoga". In the English Language we call it "Meditation" or "Cogitation" or "Day Dreaming" or "Lucid Dreaming" or "Hallucination". Our dreams and thoughts are a constant process of time travel. When we die even more so. We are able to occupy any, no matter how distant, time and space coordinate that it so please God that we should occupy. Such freedom is called Celestial Immortality. If that Celestial Immortality [after life] is pleasant then it can continue indefinitely to all eternity. However, due to our evilness, that Celestial Immortality [after life] will become a horrid nightmare of hell, where upon we are, by the Grace of God, allowed escape from it into a reincarnation. Thus here we are living in this reincarnation. From the Nightmare of Hell we come and unto the Nightmare of Hell we shall surely return. Only by the Grace of God can we enter into Heaven. Peace is a gift of God to whom so ever She please to give it, or not as the case may be. As we have done unto others so shall it be done unto us.

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex and no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One God there be no other God. Her names are many but she be the one true God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic [celestial immortal] powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright (c) NGL 2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89be64c7b7a0.jpg[/atsimg]

THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 27/7/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Very interesting thread

This subject is one of the original subjects that brought me to ATS, amongst other things. Especially the whole "Dead Celebraties that are Now Alive" aspect of it which I think shares a relevance.

I read a really interesting article a couple of years ago now called "Time Shifts - The Living Dead" (I think) which was related to all of this, fascinating stuff.

Thanks for the read and see you last week

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Thats a really interesting idea. Some thoughts and questions:

If they are stuck would they turn up in history i.e would we see them showing up in old footage, photos, newspapers etc. If they do get stuck would they retain their knowledge and memories of the future or would these be wiped - I could imagine that knowledge of the future would have the potential to cause problems and for some be detrimental psychologically. How many survive as they would lack the skills to live in that time? Alot of the skills people had in the olden days - breadmaking, growing food, making clothes, building homes is slowly being lost today and you can imagine some being very lost without their technology. Going even further back you have lots of cultural differences too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join