It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Gorman91

And therein lies the reasoning behind why people outside of the U.S. critisise America. You blatently play with the politics of other countries, rising and deposing leaders at will, all for your own advantage and screw how many people die in the process. And further to that, screw how many people die while you are attempting to fix those 'mistakes'.

You create problems, people lose their homes and their lives.
You try to fix those problems, people lose their homes and lives.

STOP MEDDLING. People have had enough loss. It's really that simple.

we get criticised by "by standers" ppl that watch, wait for the out come" then be like... well sir you do know you could have done this this and that... oh really? and you wasnt a part of the show with your genious idea cause? you ppl just dont realise what can happen if we stopped, do you?
edit on 27-7-2011 by air101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by air101

Bystanders?

Jesus mate - read a book, a newspaper - hell ANYTHING that doesn't have "America" printed in big letters on it. You might actually learn a thing or two.

Originally posted by air101
you ppl just dont realise what can happen if we stopped, do you?

What, nothing? Peace? Prosperity?

I ain't scared to find out, why are you?
edit on 27/7/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

doesnt defense take part on your own soil ?

yeh thought so !
when america actually uses its military budget to defend its own soil , as in on american soil and not in other theatres then we can talk about other countries military budgets!

Are you happy that america spends more on " defending " the US than it does its own people ?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by air101

yeh everyone in the world is captain hindsight to america !
get with the the psy ops program , sorry wrong one,
I mean America has a awful foreign policy and has done for quite a long time
shock doctrine tactics still in use today and doesnt look like its dissapearing.
If america and her allies , were to drastically changed their foreign policy
then the world would seem to be a much safer place.

If they would just say hey we screwed up and we know it , were sorry , but naw
lets just keep the ball rolling and see where it stops !

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

How about get your own drones, your assets, and increase your spending even more instead of relying US for help(supplies, etc) then we could spend on defense on home(welfare, economic problems) instead of aboard. Plus NATO should be split 50/50, not the US doing 75% of the work while the rest spends on 15% - problem solved.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

the only thing i see ignorant on this thread is a bunch of kids crying " america is bad" but then when you get deep into things their country really does, nothing unless we tell them to...

Name one thing about Australia that doesn't require a check of an online resource?

I bet you can't. You claim to have the god-given authority to do whatever the hell you please on this planet and yet you know nothing at all about it.

care to tell me exactly what australia knows about our planet that america doesnt?

and wtf are you talking about "resource check"

you ppl really have no idea how many different cultures live in america do you?

america doesnt have authority over everything.. we have alies that have an input on everything. incase you didnt notice we have friends that believe in what we do, its not just america you are our follower too. well not you, but the ppl who take you income tax do...

nothing worse than a country trying to bad mouth another country that sets the standar. your not even in the top 23 to help contribute development around the world yet here you are crying the world would be better off..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Well, good then. Because History teaches that a fair and balance empire lasts indefinably.

Fact is I don't think its wrong to meddle in other countries all the time, and perhaps never wrong when they ask you to do it. In my eyes, America in Iraq is no different than when the Military was called in to intervene in those race riots you mentioned some time ago. There's nothing wrong with client states if you are fair. And like it or not, Iraq has been a client state since the 50s. Most nations we meddle in we only did so by their request, with Japan being the only one I can think of where we forced our way in, and still ended up creating one the most advanced nations on Earth.

If you're an artist at your work, why should you stop doing it?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

I accept that as true. But I don't think those ulterior motives are all that bad. What little has come out for their reasons of going in seems to be for the sake of making them stronger. I mean, why would we be selling M1A3 next gen tanks to Egypt and Iraq, two countries in heated debate these days. Why are we making them stronger? I can only think of two possible logical answers. Either we know Russia or China or both are interested in getting involved once we have to leave for our own money woes, or we want them stronger so we have someone to fight in 60 years. The first one makes sense, the 2nd one does not, because China and Russia are perfectly there to fight now.

There's no logical reason to be making these nations stronger and more democratic if we wanted power and resources in the region. This is the mentality that made our own nations fight for independence.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

Yet our Country now has a lower credit score than Mexico.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Name one thing about Australia that doesn't require a check of an online resource?

care to tell me exactly what australia knows about our planet that america doesnt?

Didn't think so. Thankyou for proving my point

Mate, what 'you people' don't seem to understand is that people from other countries know almost everything there is to know about America - whether it be from movies, TV, news, actually going there etc etc. On the flipside to that, many Americans know jack-squat about the rest of the world - as is evidenced by your own inability to answer my above question.

nothing worse than a country trying to bad mouth another country that sets the standar.

Once again, it's criticism, not badmouthing. No amount of you saying it's 'badmouthing' will change the fact that what we are offering is criticism - nothing more. Don't want criticism? Don't put yourselves into a position to be criticised then.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by air101

Bystanders?

Jesus mate - read a book, a newspaper - hell ANYTHING that doesn't have "America" printed in big letters on it. You might actually learn a thing or two.

you ppl just dont realise what can happen if we stopped, do you?

What, nothing? Peace? Prosperity?

I ain't scared to find out, why are you?

i have mate! funnily enough nothing significant comes up for australia or europe..

well... we can hope for peace and posperity. doubt it though we have too many ppl like you that generalise a whole state just to hate on them..

why dont you write a letter to you big guy over their and tell him that you had enough of the U.S LEADING THE WAY you want your country to do it...

millions of ppl are dying over food getting burned alive over a sack of potatos. but hey fvck em australia and europe think they shouldnt have a good life..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

the thing is , from this thread alone and every other thread on ATS relating to America , whilst most of you go one about how you hate your governement and what it does and how it treats its people.
The large percentage of americans when push comes to shove love to brag about how mighty and strong they are
and how their army is the #!

How every other country is the weaklings and how we all need America to help them police the world and how we should do more and our share and our worth.

Whilst everyone else in the world couldnt give a flying monkeys ass about war and bombs, we dont want our government spunking all of our taxes on keeping the war machine and world police running.

I dont want my country to increase military spending , I want it to stop bombing and spend more on education , health , welfare ,the economy and scientific pursuit. Not defending democracy or protecting us all from big bad terrorists that were trained by some CIA black ops program.

You wonder why we all hate the american government and what it stands for , because it stands for DEATH , and if you support it so do you !

you stand for hate and everything that comes with it , it makes me sick the amount of gun crazy , war loving , 100% pure american patriots who love bombs and taking out the so called bad guy.

link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

Please enlighten us to how the american military created the internet? I heard that some scientists invented the internet as a file sharing program but must be misinformed

link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

Well, good then. Because History teaches that a fair and balance empire lasts indefinably.

Name one that has lasted without collapse. Just one. And no, the U.S. cannot be included until it has been an empire for a few hundred years at least - like all the other big ones eg: Rome.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
reply to post by sapien82

How about get your own drones, your assets, and increase your spending even more instead of relying US for help(supplies, etc) then we could spend on defense on home(welfare, economic problems) instead of aboard. Plus NATO should be split 50/50, not the US doing 75% of the work while the rest spends on 15% - problem solved.

they just dont see it like that..

they have that "we are fine leave things alone, our country is just fine.. stop!"

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

i have mate! funnily enough nothing significant comes up for australia or europe..

I said books WITHOUT the word "America" printed on it.

Seriously mate, you are starting to embarrass yourself.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
That's a sadistic realization, if you think im lying there must be something wrong with you/and or you havent seen more of the internet.

People outside the U.S tend to think their GOV is better or their country is better for some reason but in reality its just about equal except for the murders and stuff...

And FYI the internet was created in America by the military in the late 20th century.....

SOOOOO.......yeah where do we go from here?

Please enlighten us to how the american military created the internet? I heard that some scientists invented the internet as a file sharing program but must be misinformed

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Don't you have a kangaroo or something to catch? I mean that's all I see in Movies about Australia, deserts, and kangaroos, so you cant use media as a valid source to show what you know about America, Not defending my homeland (because I'm not a fan of it) but we really do have a rich history..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Didn't think so. Thankyou for proving my point

Mate, what 'you people' don't seem to understand is that people from other countries know almost everything there is to know about America - whether it be from movies, TV, news, actually going there etc etc. On the flipside to that, many Americans know jack-squat about the rest of the world - as is evidenced by your own inability to answer my above question.

nothing worse than a country trying to bad mouth another country that sets the standar.

Once again, it's criticism, not badmouthing. No amount of you saying it's 'badmouthing' will change the fact that what we are offering is criticism - nothing more. Don't want criticism? Don't put yourselves into a position to be criticised then.

you still didnt tell me what australia knows about earth than america. so ausies have some resource on line check that i dont know about, what a fvcking revolution that we missed out on! lol

you can criticise the day your country puts in just as much or at least half the effort america does to try and make this world a better place.. anyone can stand by the fence wait for the out come and be like "hey you know you could have done this, right buddy"? if you would have been at the least from france then ok... but australia? c'mon lmfao! you are that egg in the basket! lol

and this is not critisim in any way, generalising the whole damn state in being ignorant etc. is not critising imo you guys are challenging us in doing it better yet i see no proof in doing better other then doing what we tell you to do.. so why dont you just fall back and stay in your lane. the day you government whants in on the big boy stuff then we can talk..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

Well, they created DARPA - Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, was created in 1958 in response to Sputnik being launched, and is considered the grandfather of the Internet. A simple google would have given you the answer. When I was in the Navy we learned about that.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join