It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

Originally posted by air101

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by air101

your little country aint even 300 years old. that aint history, and if it is, it aint one to be proud of from a sociological point of view.

the Maya's, Inca's and native Indians are the only ones in your continent that have any form of culture and history.

Coming from someone who's ancestor was a Gaul and probably a headhunter.
I'll take that as a compliment.
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Well actually there's some evidence Mayan and Aztec culture somehow originated from India. America is and always has been the two continents that is the dusty corner of the world, constantly the location of lost ship wrecks, hunting parties, etc etc. The Europeans who landed here 500 years ago and declared independence a century or two after are nothing more than the most recent arrival to a land where hybridization of lost people has always been the standard. I am patriotic and happy for that culture and history. You don't have to have a thousand years of history and culture to have history and culture, fyi.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Yep...It's like saying Canada has no culture when it's colonized the same way as America does. I agree with two other people, you really need to get out more.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

War is despicable. And the only way you win a war is through genocide. Hell, the last war we really, truly undoubtedly won against a real evil threat, WW2, involved the nuclear bombing and vaporization of two cities, the firebombing of a couple of other cities, and the downright thoughtless total war over 3 continents. That's why we won that war, genocide. If you don't have the guts and balls to murder a million civilians of your enemy to teach them not to screw with you, then you shouldn't be fighting in a war to begin with. War is not some happy-go-lucky tour where toy soldiers dress up on an honorable field of battle and fight, winner takes all. War is an inhuman evil act of total destruction of an enemy who must be not only destroyed, but he and his wys and followers completely erased from history.

This applies if the enemy actually did something wrong. Unfortunately, you still haven't proven that Saddam did you any wrong apart from not give into your demands. Yes, he was an unsavoury character but nonetheless how many people have been killed simply because the U.S. wanted to put a puppet in his position who would acquiesce to their demands?

As to the WMDs, it's a little known fact that Saddam had a coupled of high-yield non nuclear bombs that he pretty much just shipped to Syria to cover his behind. But that's not why we were there. We were there to remove one of our people who went rouge. No other reason.

Again, bollocks. You've convinced yourself of this to excuse invading a country that didn't actually do anything wrong except threaten to change from the U.S. dollar to the Euro for Oil exchange.

Yes, we did. Problem? You jelly? We propped him up, we had a right to bring him down when he went rouge.

And screw how many innocent civilians die in the process right?

Yes, we are obsessed with racism. That does not make us racist.

You just keep telling yourself that and maybe one day it will come true.

Sense, it makes all. When did I ever say government should have control over a country? Let them try to take it, but they will fail. I like the fact that the country is not under control fully of any one group, but the shared property of many.

And they are doing SO damn well at it. Like the Global Financial Crisis and the coming debt ceiling and all. Not to mention the wiping out of the middle class and the destruction of your industry - all hail America eh!

Good thing the Empire's collapsing. It will distract the government while we take back what's ours

I have to admit that's the first half-sensible thing I've seen you write all day. Now hurry up and actually do something about it.
edit on 27/7/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Because we can see the "bigger picture", instead of the narrow view of the ordinary population.
To be more clear, we see the trail of blood of your gov. actions across the globe (and in your own country).
Its a tyranny in disguise of a republic.
If you doubt about it, beware, the patriot act is just for you...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Bloody hell, when I said "humility" and "respect" I was referring directly to the OP, hence the "replying to ..." bit at the top of my post. English is not my first language, so perhaps there is a way aside from saying "you" that means I am directing a statement at someone in particular.

I know that the U.S. is a powerful superpower, everyone knows that. What displeases me about some of its people is their propensity for listing all the achievments of their country off the top of their heads, and making sure they belittle other nations in the process.

I don't think I said that the U.S. was "spending" too much. What I meant was that while the U.S. helps out a lot of other nations, and does some great things, it sickens me when its people brag about it as though they did everything personally. There's no need. And I don't like people from say, Europe, bickering with U.S. people about which country is better. It's just childish.

It's sad that you think some poorer countries should "man up" and take care of themselves and that is enough to give you reason to dislike people outside the U.S. It is not their fault, but the fault of the government. Should I loathe all U.S. citizens because of your government? Of course not, that would be ridiculous. I just think that there are a lot of U.S. Americans out there who really need to stop flooding the internet with rabid cries of "AMERICA IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY EVARRR" etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeinthematrix
Because we can see the "bigger picture", instead of the narrow view of the ordinary population.
To be more clear, we see the trail of blood of your gov. actions across the globe (and in your own country).
Its a tyranny in disguise of a republic.
If you doubt about it, beware, the patriot act is just for you...

we was following the blood that lead us their..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Tis applies if the enemy actually did something wrong. Unfortunately, you still haven't proven that Saddam did you any wrong apart from not give into your demands. Yes, he was an unsavoury character but nonetheless how many people have been killed simply because the U.S. wanted to put a puppet in his position who would acquiesce to their demands?

We put him in power, he went rouge. He gassed people and killed others. This is a known fact. We took him down, a man we put him in, and had the power and right to remove.

Again, bollocks. You've convinced yourself of this to excuse invading a country that didn't actually do anything wrong except threaten to change from the U.S. dollar to the Euro for Oil exchange.

pajamasmedia.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...
(That's about them shipping non-wmd stuff. I don't think Iraq had nuclear wmds, but they did have significant military hardware. After all, why ship it to syria during UN events?)
www.nysun.com...

Again these aren't justifications to go into Iraq. Saddam was our fault for being in power. That is justification enough.

yes. Brutal, but it works.

And they are doing SO damn well at it. Like the Global Financial Crisis and the coming debt ceiling and all. Not to mention the wiping out of the middle class and the destruction of your industry - all hail America eh!

To paraphrase PM Thatcher 20 years ago, all financial groups have seen beneficial improvements. The gap getting bigger doesn't matter if all groups are better off. This is even the greatest justification I've seen for an not-flat tax rate.

In addition, I do not see the debt ceiling nor financial "crisis" as bad or showing America bad. It means the system works. Take the wealth and freedoms, you die. May the rich who stole our freedoms die happily in the financial forest fire they themselves started. I won't be affected.

I have to admit that's the first half-sensible thing I've seen you write all day. Now hurry up and actually do something about it.

See above. The American system will fix itself.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Bloody hell, when I said "humility" and "respect" I was referring directly to the OP, hence the "replying to ..." bit at the top of my post. English is not my first language, so perhaps there is a way aside from saying "you" that means I am directing a statement at someone in particular.

I know that the U.S. is a powerful superpower, everyone knows that. What displeases me about some of its people is their propensity for listing all the achievments of their country off the top of their heads, and making sure they belittle other nations in the process.

I don't think I said that the U.S. was "spending" too much. What I meant was that while the U.S. helps out a lot of other nations, and does some great things, it sickens me when its people brag about it as though they did everything personally. There's no need. And I don't like people from say, Europe, bickering with U.S. people about which country is better. It's just childish.

It's sad that you think some poorer countries should "man up" and take care of themselves and that is enough to give you reason to dislike people outside the U.S. It is not their fault, but the fault of the government. Should I loathe all U.S. citizens because of your government? Of course not, that would be ridiculous. I just think that there are a lot of U.S. Americans out there who really need to stop flooding the internet with rabid cries of "AMERICA IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY EVARRR" etc.

omg! I DONT FVCKING GET IT! its sad that you think poor countries should man up" well clearly to many, america isnt doing it good enough so maybe its time for someone else to step in, give as much as we do and make sure that every single decision is the absolute right one!
edit on 27-7-2011 by air101 because: (no reason given)

and its "ever"

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

We put him in power, he went rouge. He gassed people and killed others. This is a known fact. We took him down, a man we put him in, and had the power and right to remove.

So you fully admit meddling in the affairs of other countries? Putting people in power, taking them out - and you wonder why America is critised and despised.

(That's about them shipping non-wmd stuff. I don't think Iraq had nuclear wmds, but they did have significant military hardware. After all, why ship it to syria during UN events?)

So bloody what? A country has the right to defend itself doesn't it?

Again these aren't justifications to go into Iraq. Saddam was our fault for being in power. That is justification enough.

Back to the meddling in other countries affairs......

Again, you wonder why you are critised and hated across the world.

Children play those games.

To paraphrase PM Thatcher 20 years ago, all financial groups have seen beneficial improvements. The gap getting bigger doesn't matter if all groups are better off. This is even the greatest justification I've seen for an not-flat tax rate.

Let me guess, you are one of the few people who actually benefit from the destruction of your country? Screw the other 99% hey?

In addition, I do not see the debt ceiling nor financial "crisis" as bad or showing America bad. It means the system works. Take the wealth and freedoms, you die. May the rich who stole our freedoms die happily in the financial forest fire they themselves started. I won't be affected.

LOL, again either you are one of the top few percent who stand to benefit or you are completely deluded. I almost feel sorry for you for what's about to happen - you being so unprepared and all.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Actually, if you really want to get down to brass tacks, the Germans are the greatest country. Most modern innovations have originated from their populace. The jet engine, Einstein, Von Braun (invented the rockets that to this day carry Americans into space), the first programmable binary computer, the scientists who developed the A-bomb were German and technically, Tesla. There are many more examples of German innovation in modern times that we Americans pale in comparison. Even after being subjugated after WWII, and their capital city divided for more than 50 years, they are still a main player in world politics. They are a very green oriented society.

So if you want to boast about how great America is, then you might want to give credit to the people who came here and contributed. Without those ex-patriots, we would not be where we are today. America is a global country, with global citizens. We aren't just Americans, we are the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

So you fully admit meddling in the affairs of other countries? Putting people in power, taking them out - and you wonder why America is critised and despised.

Let me guess, you are one of the few people who actually benefit from the destruction of your country? Screw the other 99% hey?

LOL, again either you are one of the top few percent who stand to benefit or you are completely deluded. I almost feel sorry for you for what's about to happen - you being so unprepared and all.

what is exactly about to happen? what russia take over? china? or let me guess your really think that those 2 are going to let the euro dominate.. i really feel sorry for you, im assuming you live in europe and think america is "EVIL" oh no wait you think russia and china are going to swoop in and save the day! lmfao! you are so going against the wrong ppl..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Never said it was right or wrong. Just said we screwed up, and we have the right to destroy our mistakes before they threaten more people than they supposedly help as a nation.

That said I don't see a problem with putting up or bringing down leaders. I just don't like the ones we put up, I would honestly have no problem if we did this policy with Jeffersonian like people, specifically from the nations we are in. The world is inherently primitive, and to be honest, it's only advanced under times of empire. I just don't think how people make empires is right sometimes. An empire in and of itself id not a bad idea if done correctly. I think of Mass Effect's Alliance, or Star Trek's starfleet. If done right, an empire becomes the first ad foremost insurance of continued freedom.

After all, that's why the UN exists.

Sure they do. But that defense, once used in an offensive manner within or abroad, has a right to be challenged,

Again I'm not against that. Just against how the last thousand years or so have been doing it.

I suppose its better to be feared than loved. That's downright evil, but the honest truth is that what the world thinks of America really doesn't matter. If we were so evil, they wouldn't deal with us.

Well then be an adult and prove racism is rampant in America and we won't have to play child's games, hmm?

Not really. I'm just not stupid. Who would invest under times like these? Let the economy burn, I won't be affected.

Got my family, supplies, land, and community. That's all I need.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Maybe the problem is that many Americans don't know the difference between an "attack" and a "criticism"?

I don't know. I just notice that often on the web, anyway, many americans get those mixed up and react with an exagerrated defense to a critcism...... which of course, just makes the problem worse as the conflict escalates....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by air101

LOL, it is YOU making the assumption that Europeans think America is "Evil".

I'm Aussie btw, I thought you would have figured that out by now seeing as I have mentioned it numerous times.

And what's going to happen? Jesus mate, you must have a thick blindfold on. Tell you what, I won't spoil the surprise for you, I'll just let you find out for yourself in very short order.....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Never said it was right or wrong. Just said we screwed up, and we have the right to destroy our mistakes before they threaten more people than they supposedly help as a nation.

Here's a novel thought - stop meddling and then you won't have to hurt even more people cleaning up your mess.

I suppose its better to be feared than loved. That's downright evil, but the honest truth is that what the world thinks of America really doesn't matter. If we were so evil, they wouldn't deal with us.

Bollocks. You put yourselves in a position where people HAD to deal with you - then used that to your own advantages to bully other nations.

And having land and supplies to see out the coming disaster isn't going to be enough - not when you alienate yourselves from the people you are going to need help from - like the rest of the world for instance. But keep up the arrogance and the "America is the Greatest - we can do what we like" attitudes - they'll REALLY help when you need it most.
edit on 27/7/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

reply to post by KonquestAbySS

It's inevitable that one nation becomes more powerful than the rest. And to put it into context, we're the first one to do so without trying to make every other country a colony with slave populations. We actually do try to help these people. So honestly, I have to say I think America is pretty freaking awesome. It's simply so large and so diverse that even people who do want to enslave the 3rd world have so many loop holes they have to go through to do so, that by the time they can try it, they're dead.

Hmmmm, no disrespect, but define the difference between a colony and a puppet government - Sandanista springs to mind and I'm not even going to think about any more examples, there are so many. Not enslaving 3rd world countries? Really?

Why do you all do this? I respect and enjoy working with colleagues around the world, as diverse as Vietnam to America, but always this 'we are the best' attitude that frankly, is thought of as that by only those that live in it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

But.......but.......but.........what about the WMD's?

Bollocks. Nobody asked you to depose him - you went in there for your own advantages.

Actually, the United Nations Security Council asked us to. It's called resolution 1441.

And it wasn't "to find WMDs," regardless of what you were spoon-fed by the um, media.

The Cassus Belli was outlined in 1441: Iraq was refusing to abide by the terms of the original cease-fire agreement of 1991----which called for Iraq to allow open weapons inspection, and abide by the no fly zones. Something that Saddam had ceased to comply with back in 1998.

Which is why Clinton (again with UN approval) lobbed rockets into downtown Baghdad. It garnered him universal acclaim, even though it had absolutely no effect other than killing a few thousand civilians. Again, US presidents only receive "international approval" (meaning Europe's approval) when they are IN-effective.

Saddam was merely aping Hitler's rise to power; Hitler began by dismantling the surrender terms of the Versailles treaty of 1918, so that he could secretly build up Germany's army and fleet of submarines, which were completely illegal by the international treaty. Since there were no weapons inspections, the West was caught off guard when Hitler started the blitz in 1940. Likewise, by 2003, Saddam had re-created his military, and was something like the 5th largest tank force in the world by the eve of the invasion. Not enough to threaten the US, but enough to Invade Kuwait again, and maybe keep it this time. The world could have responded like it did in 1938, by giving in to a Tyrant's demands; but it would have only magnified the inevitable bloodbath required in the long-run.

As for our own generation's history, Resolution 1441 passed unanimously, by the way. So it wasn't "America" that invaded Iraq, regardless of however much you wish it was.

edit on 27-7-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: providing historical context

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
well apart from being one of the most ridiculous threads ever ,
I will respond

People attack America not for its wonderful American Ideals or its American dream ,
they attack America for the way it tries to cling onto that dream .
They attack America because no one likes the evil empire .

and everyone knows the empire will always fall given time, just like the brittish empire
and every empire before it.
This is Americas time right now to shine in all its world destructing glory
and the way the US government sees it they wanna go out in a blaze of glory
and the American people are sadly along for the ride, just like the rest of us.
Like it or not America is calling the shots for the time being, and being hated for it
is just nothing but colateral damage as are the innocents killed creating the empire.

I dont hate americans , just the government and the people who are blidn enough to follow them!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join