It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked
Why do you all do this? I respect and enjoy working with colleagues around the world, as diverse as Vietnam to America, but always this 'we are the best' attitude that frankly, is thought of as that by only those that live in it.

We have to keep saying this in hopes of one day we might really believe it.
See how that works.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Here's a novel thought - stop meddling and then you won't have to hurt even more people cleaning up your mess.

Or we could do it right the first time and nothing would have gone wrong. It's really the choice between doing it right and everyone being happy, or not doing anything and nobody getting out of the caves.

Bollocks. You put yourselves in a position where people HAD to deal with you - then used that to your own advantages to bully other nations.

Sometimes, maybe that's not bad. We did that to justify intervening in Europe in WW1 and WW2. Both ended up better because of us.

And having land and supplies to see out the coming disaster isn't going to be enough - not when you alienate yourselves from the people you are going to need help from - like the rest of the world for instance. But keep up the arrogance and the "America is the Greatest - we can do what we like" attitudes - they'll REALLY help when you need it most.

Perhaps I don't want their help. Perhaps I would favor an America that doesn't need the help of anyone but itself?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Bloody hell, when I said "humility" and "respect" I was referring directly to the OP, hence the "replying to ..." bit at the top of my post. English is not my first language, so perhaps there is a way aside from saying "you" that means I am directing a statement at someone in particular.

I know that the U.S. is a powerful superpower, everyone knows that. What displeases me about some of its people is their propensity for listing all the achievments of their country off the top of their heads, and making sure they belittle other nations in the process.

I don't think I said that the U.S. was "spending" too much. What I meant was that while the U.S. helps out a lot of other nations, and does some great things, it sickens me when its people brag about it as though they did everything personally. There's no need. And I don't like people from say, Europe, bickering with U.S. people about which country is better. It's just childish.

It's sad that you think some poorer countries should "man up" and take care of themselves and that is enough to give you reason to dislike people outside the U.S. It is not their fault, but the fault of the government. Should I loathe all U.S. citizens because of your government? Of course not, that would be ridiculous. I just think that there are a lot of U.S. Americans out there who really need to stop flooding the internet with rabid cries of "AMERICA IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY EVARRR" etc.

People hated the US because we always take the lead in fighting is much more criticism and when we don't critics said we are not doing enough. Seems like you're not paying attention to the news lately. I believe ignorance is what cause you to say it. Here's my shares of proof what i believe other countries should man up their own defense budget instead of relying on us. Just read them yourself and i will pick out exactly why. www.bloomberg.com... Obama should assume leadership in Libya?

online.wsj.com... Roberts gates statement about NATO

Or NATO without US led is running out of bombs? www.upi.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Almost three months into the campaign of air strikes, Britain and its Nato allies no longer believe bombing alone will end the conflict in Libya, well-placed government officials have told the Guardian. Instead, they are pinning their hopes on the defection of Muammar Gaddafi's closest aides, or the Libyan leader's agreement to flee the country. "No one is envisaging a military victory," said one senior official who echoed Tuesday's warnings by Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope, head of the navy, that the bombing cannot continue much beyond the summer. Stanhope, whose comments caused fury in Downing Street, was expressing publicly what many senior defence officials say in private, officials made clear. The conflict is also straining relations between Washington and its European allies. Although few Nato countries are taking part in the air strikes, Europeans – including the British – are dismayed at the refusal by the US to deploy its low-flying A10 "tankbusters" and helicopters. The UK has deployed four Apaches, the French 12 attack helicopters. There are 150 other attack helicopters in Nato which can operate from ships but they all belong to the US Marine Corps, said Brigadier Benjamin Barry, senior fellow at the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS).

or NATO(European-lead) asking us to send on more predator drones into Libya despite we are too bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan? articles.latimes.com...

Or when NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen admitted that they cannot go into Libya without most of our assets from the US? www.middle-east-online.com...

One of the list proof why other countries should man up their own defense budgets instead of relying most of us for help a lot.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
To answer your question, I believe people attack affluent countries (like the US) for two very simple reasons.

1) Pure jealousy, its lonely at the top.

2) They have somehow been affected by US conquest and swear vengeance, i.e. some US soldier accidentally blew up your wife and your goat.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

A colony is a location under foreign rule for the explicit gain of the homeland. A puppet country is a nation used to make a wall around another nation. The puppet state remains independent and can do what it wishes, so long they buy the homeland's military hardware and only does business with the homeland.

It's viral. Advertisement really. Why do people who like a book say the same? Why do people who like a movie say the same? Because they believe it to be true. And honestly I do believe it to be true. We are the best, and that's because of who we are. We are everyone. America is the time tested truth that a bunch of people from every corner of the world, from every walk of life, when working together, make the greatest things. If people wish to counter it, then by all means, try.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by air101

europ australia all the same bs you 2 have the same exact mentality, america sucks.

Way to make a completely wrong assumption mate. Although being insulated I can understand your complete ignorance of anything that isn't about America.

but then again no one looks at either of you in a crisis... so yea.. let it be a big surprise, how many doom and gloom articles have been made up on ats on how america is going down? yet we are still here doing what you ausies and eurpes think we do best fvcking up the world..

LOL, another shining excample of ignorance. We do plenty for the world, you just don't know it because all you see is America.

whether you like to believe it or no moron,

Nice. I see intelligent conversation has gone out the window.

we go down you go down with us.. there will always be a superpower, and trust me when i tell you europe or australia dont stand a chance you will be either russia or chinas b*tch. now dont you think you would be better off? or are you still going to go on your ignorant rampage and still think thats its americans that are ignorant?!

You are proving your own ignorance with your own words. I need not point it out, it's already blindingly obvious.
edit on 27/7/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Bloody hell, when I said "humility" and "respect" I was referring directly to the OP, hence the "replying to ..." bit at the top of my post. English is not my first language, so perhaps there is a way aside from saying "you" that means I am directing a statement at someone in particular.

I know that the U.S. is a powerful superpower, everyone knows that. What displeases me about some of its people is their propensity for listing all the achievments of their country off the top of their heads, and making sure they belittle other nations in the process.

I don't think I said that the U.S. was "spending" too much. What I meant was that while the U.S. helps out a lot of other nations, and does some great things, it sickens me when its people brag about it as though they did everything personally. There's no need. And I don't like people from say, Europe, bickering with U.S. people about which country is better. It's just childish.

It's sad that you think some poorer countries should "man up" and take care of themselves and that is enough to give you reason to dislike people outside the U.S. It is not their fault, but the fault of the government. Should I loathe all U.S. citizens because of your government? Of course not, that would be ridiculous. I just think that there are a lot of U.S. Americans out there who really need to stop flooding the internet with rabid cries of "AMERICA IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY EVARRR" etc.

People hated the US because we always take the lead in fighting is much more criticism and when we don't critics said we are not doing enough. Seems like you're not paying attention to the news lately. I believe ignorance is what cause you to say it. Here's my shares of proof what i believe other countries should man up their own defense budget instead of relying on us. Just read them yourself and i will pick out exactly why. www.bloomberg.com... Obama should assume leadership in Libya?

online.wsj.com... Roberts gates statement about NATO

Or NATO without US led is running out of bombs? www.upi.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Almost three months into the campaign of air strikes, Britain and its Nato allies no longer believe bombing alone will end the conflict in Libya, well-placed government officials have told the Guardian. Instead, they are pinning their hopes on the defection of Muammar Gaddafi's closest aides, or the Libyan leader's agreement to flee the country. "No one is envisaging a military victory," said one senior official who echoed Tuesday's warnings by Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope, head of the navy, that the bombing cannot continue much beyond the summer. Stanhope, whose comments caused fury in Downing Street, was expressing publicly what many senior defence officials say in private, officials made clear. The conflict is also straining relations between Washington and its European allies. Although few Nato countries are taking part in the air strikes, Europeans – including the British – are dismayed at the refusal by the US to deploy its low-flying A10 "tankbusters" and helicopters. The UK has deployed four Apaches, the French 12 attack helicopters. There are 150 other attack helicopters in Nato which can operate from ships but they all belong to the US Marine Corps, said Brigadier Benjamin Barry, senior fellow at the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS).

or NATO(European-lead) asking us to send on more predator drones into Libya? articles.latimes.com...

Or when NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen admitted that canny go into Libya without most of our assets from the US? www.middle-east-online.com...

One of the list proof why other countries should man up their own defense budgets instead of relying most of us for help a lot.

its like i said just let their be a day wth out the american aid! all hell would break lose! then of course it would be our fault...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
To answer your question, I believe people attack affluent countries (like the US) for two very simple reasons.

1) Pure jealousy, its lonely at the top.

Wrong. No jealousy involved. Why is it that Americans always try to claim this?

2) They have somehow been affected by US conquest and swear vengeance, i.e. some US soldier accidentally blew up your wife and your goat.

Ahh, yet another who thinks "collateral damage" is good and wholesome - until they are the ones having the crap blown out of them.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

Or we could do it right the first time and nothing would have gone wrong. It's really the choice between doing it right and everyone being happy, or not doing anything and nobody getting out of the caves.

Or perhaps finding another way?

Sometimes, maybe that's not bad. We did that to justify intervening in Europe in WW1 and WW2. Both ended up better because of us.

You were begged for YEARS to enter World War 2 and only did so when you stood to gain a massive advantage from it. Don't go pretending you did it out of the "kindness of your hearts".

Perhaps I don't want their help. Perhaps I would favor an America that doesn't need the help of anyone but itself?

Cool, while your at it stop trying to "help" other countries.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Or perhaps finding another way?

Ideally, I would have a World Union made up of the permanent members of the UN's military, in which there was no secrecy from each other and the World Union military had absolute say on what happens from a military perspective. No action done by the World Union can be done by one nation alone, and no action by one nation can be taken without co-action by the rest. The most powerful nations on Earth without a military, and the most powerful military on Earth joined as one to protect them. Based off Tesla's ideas to world peace.

You were begged for YEARS to enter World War 2 and only did so when you stood to gain a massive advantage from it. Don't go pretending you did it out of the "kindness of your hearts".

Sure we were. And while we were there we found evils and ended them too. That makes America seem pretty awesome to me. We got involved to get out of the depression and get rich, but we had a heart enough so that when we found the bodies of our enemy's death camps, we declared it wrong and decided to mass murder every German we got our hands on who was responsible. In my book, that's pretty cool. Getting rich and still having a heart.

Cool, while your at it stop trying to "help" other countries.

Maybe they should stop asking....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82

and everyone knows the empire will always fall given time, just like the brittish empire
and every empire before it.
This is Americas time right now to shine in all its world destructing glory
and the way the US government sees it they wanna go out in a blaze of glory
and the American people are sadly along for the ride, just like the rest of us.
Like it or not America is calling the shots for the time being, and being hated for it
is just nothing but colateral damage as are the innocents killed creating the empire.

If you could make that post rhyme, you'd be another Kipling!

Take up the White Man's burden--
Send forth the best ye breed--
Go bind your sons to exile
To serve your captives' need;
To wait in heavy harness, On fluttered folk and wild--
Your new-caught, sullen peoples, Half-devil and half-child.

In patience to abide,
To veil the threat of terror
And check the show of pride;
By open speech and simple,
An hundred times made plain
To seek another's profit,
And work another's gain.

The savage wars of peace--
Fill full the mouth of Famine
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
The end for others sought,
Watch sloth and heathen Folly
Bring all your hopes to nought.

No tawdry rule of kings,
But toil of serf and sweeper--
The tale of common things.
The ports ye shall not enter,
The roads ye shall not tread,
Go mark them with your living,
And mark them with your dead.

And reap his old reward:
The blame of those ye better,
The hate of those ye guard--
The cry of hosts ye humour (Ah, slowly!) toward the light:--
"Why brought he us from bondage, Our loved Egyptian night?"

Ye dare not stoop to less--
Nor call too loud on Freedom To cloke your weariness;
By all ye cry or whisper,
By all ye leave or do,
The silent, sullen peoples
Shall weigh your gods and you.

Have done with childish days--
The lightly proferred laurel,
The easy, ungrudged praise.
Comes now, to search your manhood
Through all the thankless years
Cold, edged with dear-bought wisdom,
The judgment of your peers!

edit on 27-7-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Sure we were. And while we were there we found evils and ended them too. That makes America seem pretty awesome to me. We got involved to get out of the depression and get rich, but we had a heart enough so that when we found the bodies of our enemy's death camps, we declared it wrong and decided to mass murder every German we got our hands on who was responsible. In my book, that's pretty cool. Getting rich and still having a heart.

Nope, you did it for the monetary advantage. If there was any heart in it at all you would have joined the war when you were begged to.

Oh, like Iraq asked you to invade?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Nope, you did it for the monetary advantage. If there was any heart in it at all you would have joined the war when you were begged to.

What, when Germany invaded/annexed Czechoslovakia?

No, wait a minute..... That's when England and France and all the rest were begged to join in the war, but refused.

But then, America gets held to a higher standard. An impossible one.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

reply to post by air101

Lol, you seem a little bitter mate.

The world will do just fine without the U.S. poking it's nose in everywhere. Funnily enough you will also find that people aren't so quick to be critical of the U.S. when it's focusing on it's own issues and not everyone elses.

me bitter? nah... i live in the number 1 place in the world, everything that i need to experience is right here, cultures, history etc all right here im sure that makes you bitter.

"the world will be just fine with out U.S" where are you from? must be from a place that its all about you and your ppl fvck the rest.. the irony is i would bet we more then likely helped you guys out! but i envy your place, i really do wish our government had that mentality, do you know what 28 billion saved a year could do!

Culture?

History?

in the USA?

your little country aint even 300 years old. that aint history, and if it is, it aint one to be proud of from a sociological point of view.

the Maya's, Inca's and native Indians are the only ones in your continent that have any form of culture and history.

i have easy access to everyones history here moron and many cultures live here.. lol yes my little 300 yr old # 1 country, aka second to none.. you embarrassed of your country? ill ask again, where you from? lets see where you at on that list. lets see what your country has done to help make this world a better place, oh thats right in 300 years its been all about america, hasnt it? what are they doing right, what are they doing wrong, your country doesnt make those kind of headlines does it?!

clearly its your country that needs to get out and visit america...

In my lifetime (i'm 28 yrs old) i've visited England, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Bulgaria, the Dominican republic, Spain, Greece, Turkey and Canada.

What have you seen of the world?

Where am i from? Netherlands as it clearly says under my name.

And no i'm not ashamed of my country, Why would i be? And i know our country aint much older than yours and the only reason we are rich is because of our brutal history and EIC "trading"(first real NWO imo), but at least i KNOW this about my own country and i dont deny it. Our own history is filled with political scandals and murders but at least we actually get that taught in our own public school system.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

sadam was killing a lot of ppl for no reason, i see whwere you and your country stand with that..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
But then, America gets held to a higher standard. An impossible one.

America gets held to that standard because you claim to have set those standards.

Funny about that huh.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I'm a brit and love America, I have been many times and can only report on how friendly the people I have met there are. Its a great country and you guys are lucky to live there. You have an amazing Constitution that any nation would be proud of.

However, the reason Americans get flack on ATS is mainly because of your foreign policy and what many outside America see as an increasing corporatism taking over the country. People outside of the US are also concerned that when America sneezes the rest of the world catches a cold.

I also imagine it's a new experience for some Americans to be told that some people around the world don't like you? Unfortunately thats what your going to get on a global internet forum. Not everyone thinks the USA is the best country in the world.

Lots of people on this site slag of Britain, I try not to get offended as i know they are not implying I as a British person am bad, but that my government has been involved in some shady practices in it's history, which would be a fair criticism.

I think you'll find that the majority of people in the west like America and would choose America over any other super power at the drop of a hat.

I agree with you upto a great extent. The way I look at it is that when you're on top of the food chain (consumption wise) many will be envious. However its the foreign policies and geopolitics that makes everyone outside the US look down upon the US.

Personally I think every country has segment of population that hates their own country and loves other countrie(s). I'm sure the feelings are mutual with several individuals on ATS who do not like the politics of US.

Most people at times seem to think very narrowly on ATS as it seems thats the only thing they read. There are good things happening around the world courtesy of several countries including US which we often read about.

If we keep focusing on negativity, we will think negative. Very simple. One has to have an open mind and be aware of pretty much a lot of things going around the world if they need to understand the global perspective of US and Americans in General. I think the stereotypes and hatred exists amongst each other. There are people who also love the US for what it is or their contribution towards the modern civilization. Its just that we do not see majority of that segment on ATS.

I'm sure upto certaine extent there might be propogandists on ATS attempting to spread hatred and lie but one has to learn to ignore negativity and focus on the postivity of geopolitics. One cannot please each and every single citizens of their own country or others.

Once again, its good to take a break once in a while from ATS and smell the coffee and reality
Geopolitics is not easy to understand and it is very illusive and misleading at times.
edit on 27-7-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 27-7-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Why? All the US knew was that Germany hated the Jews and was on a power trip. No reason to get involved in affairs that don't bother us. Next thing you know Germany conquered Europe and rumors of death camps. We have to get involved because their ideology is contrary to ours and is growing in power and influence.

It's not so black and white as that. The concept of "Iraq" is invented.

Before WW1, The Ottomans held control of the region. Like most of the Ottoman Empire, revolution was everywhere, and an increasingly less-brutal British and French were interested in power in the region. WW1 happens, Ottoman empire breaks up, region under European rule.

WW2 roles around, Germany wants power. Starts attempting coupes, and desires axis alignment.

Coups come, coupes go. No German aid. Independent Iraq rejoins allies.

Russia wants power in the region. Communist influences increasing. Us has to intervene in order to prevent Russian rule. At this point in time, it is not for resources. It is for power. You either choose freedom int he west or no freedom in the East. US intervention at this point is to maintain these nations's independence.

Faisal II was countering Egypt and Syrian influence. He was afraid of revolution and conquest. Chamoun and Faisal II made the choice to side with the Americans and ask for aid. Thus began US influence in Iraq.

So yes. They did ask us. I admit the US made mistakes in that request, but the events 60 years ago then are dynamically linked to US presence today.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join