It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Boy Reportedly Forced by Taliban to Step on Bomb

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
oh.....and those dont look like the same two boys to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Nice speech.. I liked it better in its origional german form better though. Speaking of narrow minded any reason why you wont address the incident? You certainly have no problems blaming Americans. Whether or not the incident occured, one would think that the action of using a boy to test a bomb would be condemned. I love it when people will condemn the US while remaining silent on Taliban / Al Queida.

When the evidence supports the claims i tend to believe it
There is no evidence that this happened the way the paper described....propaganda much???

How many people have the US slaughtered in the name of terrorism again??? How many nations have they invaded in the past 50 years???

Prove this actually happened the way as described....or just believe what the MSM tell you.

If your losing support for the war, what do you do?? Put something like this in the news...."we have to protect these kids by killing 100s more kids" haha.....its STUPID!!!

EDIT: "sorry you cant have your SS this month, we have to protect you from these eveil people testing bombs on kids....oh wait....didnt we used to do that?"

Default is looming.....this is justification to stay and waste countless billions more of your taxes.

edit on 26-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Having been there and done that I am inclined to take this article at face value. Slaughtering, not just accidentally killing, civilians is the Taliban's game. They don't just kill, they mutilate and torture with little to no empathy or moral character. On many occasions the butt hole zealots murdered small villages full of women and children, shot some pictures and video after the fact and immediately contact Al Jazeera calling it a U.S. American genocide. We usually conducted our own little "CSI The Stan" and find it remarkable that these innocent men, women and children had been killed by 7.62 AK ammunition, Russian-made frag grenades and not-so-sharp blades and machetes. It is sickening and I spent a large amount of time tracking down these miserable pukes, scum of the earth and killing them.

I have plenty of regrets and painful memories stemming from doing battle with "freedom fighters" in both countries, the kind of low-lives mentioned in this article are a whole different breed, and I sleep comfortably knowing they no longer walk the Earth.
edit on 26-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticUnderdog
Never fails to amaze me. No matter how cruel these taliban are someone always comes to their defense. Smh.

"Today, a high ranking military official ordered every single US troop in Afghanistan and Iraq to murder as many people as possible. They supplied the troops with lightsabers and noisy crickets. Two hours later, the entire population of both Iraq, and Afghanistan were wiped out."

LOOK AT THAT THOSE AWFUL US DOGS DERP DERP

Yeah, that's totally made up. How do you know the OP's story isn't, too?

Stop falling for everything FAUX NEWS tells you. Could be true, could be false. YOU do NOT know, so stop trying to act like you do. Not once did I defend anybody, I simply attempted to defend truth, whatever that may be. Think with your head, not your eyeballs reading FAUX NEWS.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto

Having been there and done that I am inclined to take this article at face value. Slaughtering, not just accidentally killing, civilians is the Taliban's game. They don't just kill, they mutilate and torture with little to no empathy or moral character. On many occasions the butt hole zealots murdered small villages full of women and children, shot some pictures and video after the fact and immediately contact Al Jazeera calling it a U.S. American genocide. It is sickening and I spent a large amount of time tracking down these miserable pukes, scum of the earth and killing them. I have plenty of regrets and painful memories stemming from doing battle with "freedom fighters" in both countries, the kind of low-lives mentioned in this article are a whole different breed, and I sleep comfortably knowing they no longer walk the Earth.

People should be listening to this guy^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

These Taliban a-holes are sub-human.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

You did indeed try to instruct your peers to avoid buying the article at face value, but you did so in a manner that makes it seem as if EVERY story reported by the "MSM" is either wrong, made-up or a spin-off propaganda piece. Any human being worth their weight in sh*t knows that the "MSM" is unreliable, but it is not by default wrong.

I'm not defending anyone here either, just mentioning that your post implies that every story run like this is some conspiracy-laden bullsquat ordered by the government. I can assure you that most are not with respect to the "Taliban" murdering civilians. As a matter of fact, I often wonder why there are not more stories covering EXACTLY what happens in the Stan and in Iraq. The people we are generally engaged with these days are MUCH MUCH worse than even right-slanted ATS members make them out to be. I'm talking take a machete to a toddler, lie about doing it, smoke more opium and then pretend you're okay because that toddler was a martyr bad.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrOysterhead

Why??

Because he saw a tiny fraction of whats going on in these countries??

Baiting, drop weapons, rape, beatings, murder,.......and people wonder why we dont believe what they report in the papers!! These are all facts....these have all happened at the hands of the US army, and on the orders of them!

As if this guy would admit to an unlawful killing on a message board, as if he would tell you that he had beaten a 10 year old kid to a pulp for throwing a stone at his jeep....he is only going to tell you what he wants you to know and what he wants you to hear.

Pretty much like the news really

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Why??

Baiting, drop weapons, rape, beatings, murder,.......and people wonder why we dont believe what they report in the papers!! These are all facts....these have all happened at the hands of the US army, and on the orders of them!

As if this guy would admit to an unlawful killing on a message board, as if he would tell you that he had beaten a 10 year old kid to a pulp for throwing a stone at his jeep....he is only going to tell you what he wants you to know and what he wants you to hear.

Talk about speculation..............

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrOysterhead

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Why??

Talk about speculation..............

You have to speculate to accumulate
lol

Im not saying this guy did any of the above....but it has and does happen on a regular basis, and he wouldnt tell you for fear of his freedom...you just assume hes telling the truth because he is/was in the army.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

You can address me directly if you so possess the spine my friend. I would venture to say that I have seen much more of that country and have a much better grip on what goes on from an operational standpoint than you do. Why would you ever want to hear the opinion of a man who has been there and seen it first hand? No chance that the individual possesses some advanced knowledge of the situation is there?

I don't make a habit of telling people what they want to hear, that is a coward's tactic, and the fact that you would accuse me of such is actually quite angering, as much as an anonymous internet message can be at least. How about you show some respect for people who are trying to share impartial knowledge with you from a first-hand account.

Seems as if you read the sensational bullsquat that parallels your much hated "MSM." Sensationalism should be frowned upon no matter the source and if we're going to speculate on something and someone we know nothing about, I would say you only believe what you want to believe. You have made up your mind on what the facts are without ever stepping within 4000km of Afghanistan or Iraq.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I assume because he was there and witnessed it with his own eyes.

Look, I know that the MSM is full of crap and rarely gives us the truth. I just dont see what they have to gain at this point from making up such a story.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

By no means was I implying that everything the MSM reports is fake.

But some of it is, and some of it may have a sliver of truth, but mostly made up.

We just don't know. Believe it if you want, I have no doubt the Taliban has/does do terrible things, but it's still a good idea to not take everything you hear as the absolute truth.

Then, I get accused of defending the Taliban because I simply say to "not believe everything you hear" That's a total straw-man argument, I never defended the Taliban.

Just like my made up story about noisy crickets and lightsabers, if someone says "Don't believe everything you hear" about that story, you aren't defending the US.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

By no means was I implying that everything the MSM reports is fake.

That's all I needed to hear amigo, I'm not going to shove words into your mouth by any means. I agree that any person should take it upon themselves to investigate the facts of any story before making their minds up. Stupidity and ignorance is bred out of not doing so. I just wanted to make sure that people understand that some of the worst crimes and stories from the "War on Terror" perpetrated by our enemies go unreported or under-reported in our own media. There are plenty of things happening on a daily basis in both Afghanistan and Iraq that would change a lot of people's opinions about what we are doing over there.

I'm not a fool-hardy "support the government in everything" man. I am a fairly wise man given my limited time on this Earth, I am as against much of the policies and other such bullcrap that are ruining this country as most around here. I am quick to admit that our government and thereby our populace failed to see the obvious flaw/lack of sense in invading and occupying Iraq.

I will not stand by and listen to others call all of these stories about "Taliban" atrocities a lie however. It's just not in me, it is a disservice to every human being who has lost their lives in that conflict.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

So if I said "I don't believe your report" and explained why (if I even got the chance) I may be in for a knuckle sammich? Sounds like a reasonable and tolerant fella. You've really painted his character well.

edit on 26-7-2011 by AlexKintner because: added line

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexKintner

Some people you can call a liar to thier faces with little reprisal ... others not so much.

Its called honor and integrity, look them up some time.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by AlexKintner

Some people you can call a liar to thier faces with little reprisal ... others not so much.

Its called honor and integrity, look them up some time.

Might be the most rational thing I have heard in this thread. Men and Women who live by those two virtues alone do not take kindly to unqualified strangers calling them liars. Getting to know a man and then prodding him for his thoughts and recollections is one thing. Immediately implying that the man is lying, or is morally corrupt, or anything along those lines is a sure fire way to burn off the rest of said man or woman's fuse.

You want to know why I'm fairly certain we went to the moon, outside of scientific fact?

I offer you, exhibit A:

Edit to add:

The woman to the left of Colonel Aldrin seems to know him. Notice how once the Colonel's fuse burns off the woman knows. The words coward and liar came out and it's apparent Colonel Aldrin lives by those two virtues as well. She's walking out of harms way before the punch is even thrown. You've got to give respect if you expect to receive any.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

...and it can't be defended with words? I can't exercise a constitutionally defended right to my opinion without fear of reprisal in the form of physical attack? In a civilized country I wouldn't be getting assaulted over my seemingly harmless opinion/reasoning why I don't believe his account. My opinions on the report shouldn't be taken as some attack on the person's overall character (i.e. an honest person may have themselves been deceived) or incite a knee-jerk reaction like that. That is teenage type maturity and reeks of insecurity and emotional instability.

Vet-to-vet I would hope that he left the service with the same values everyone is taught from Day 1 with the issuance of a card always to be kept on you: loyalty to the Constitution which means respect for my opinion or “treat others with dignity and respect while expecting others to do the same.” i.e. I would not harm you in any way over your opinions or beliefs so I should be able to expect the same courtesy. As for the two you listed, there are some pretty popular quotes about how those two are earned. I, being a stranger to him, would hope that his head is not so bloated that he understands I may not immediately trust his account or consider him to be a person of high integrity and others may, which may count for something, but there are plenty examples of men whose peers considered them full of honor and high integrity while they were/are committing atrocious acts (just an example, not implying he is of that ilk).
edit on 26-7-2011 by AlexKintner because: changed line

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Child killing is nothing new to the Taliban - besides they go straight to paradise as martyrs - you can't get any better than that in the mind of a Muslim fundy!

Suspected members of the Taliban hung the eight-year-old son of a police commander after ordering his father to surrender, it was claimed today. The Deutsche Presse-Agentur news agency reported that the young boy was kidnapped by militants in the Greshk district of Helmand province last Tuesday. He was hanged on Friday after they demanded his father give himself up or else the boy would be executed. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

Then I would propose that those type of people aren't really that virtuous or as virtuous as they feel others should consider them. Telling a person you are sorry, but in wartime where propaganda runs rampant you feel it is necessary to do your own research into things should be respected. If only for the simple fact that if the story is legit then he should support a person doing their own research and searching for answers to relevant questions that may have been raised by his report as it will only strengthen his story and credibility.

I just hope the response is not akin to "well that is not what your initial post said" because I was offering a simple hypothetical which I stand behind and all I did was take the "I don't believe you" statement and word it more eloquently/less direct.
edit on 26-7-2011 by AlexKintner because: added line

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

My husband spent 18 months in Afghanistan and he says all the little kids look alike. So it is likely they are two different kids. The Taliban love to use kids to do their dirty work. The kids love to approach American soldiers and get candy, I used to send huge bags to my husband for this purpose, and he told me they had to stop handing it out because the Taliban rigged a child with a bomb and blew up an American soldier giving him candy.

They will use their kids, especially the handicapped to blow up others. I cant say this video is real but I can say without a doubt this has happened more than once over there so real or not it happens and it is sick.

I say we turn Afghanistan into Lake America and start over.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join