It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Boy Reportedly Forced by Taliban to Step on Bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Afghan Boy Reportedly Forced by Taliban to Step on Bomb

Apparently, according to Afghans, the Taliban may have been testing a new bomb made from a soda bottle. The boy’s name is Jalil, and our people estimate that Jalil is 6 to 8-years-old. Jalil was picking grapes with his brother when the Taliban, according to reporting, told the boy to step on the bomb. It blew off his right leg below the knee, leaving hamburger on the stump, and fractured his femur. Afghans brought Jalil to the nearby American base called COP Kolk, where 4-4CAV Soldiers treated him. A helicopter took Jalil and his father to Kandahar Airfield for advanced treatment.

I asked the Taliban spokesman for his take on this, and he emailed back that “It is enemy propaganda.” The evidence is against him.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 26-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So while reading the article and looking at the picture, the kid looked familiar -
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f8a3b84df16.jpg[/atsimg]

I am wondering if the kid above is the same kid in this video - **NOTICE** The video might be disturbing since it shows an 8 year old having his arm driven over. However, its a confirmed hoax and the kid was not injured. Also the kid did not steal anything contrary to the video info.

Snopes article

]

As much as I dont want to listen to Taliban commanders deny the origional news story, he might be telling the truth. The picture in the article looks a lot like the kid having his arm driven over.

The problem is the video, showing the car driving over the kids arm, is a hoax (confirmed by snopes.com). It was a, for lack of a better term, show put on for the crowd to make money (think stupid human tricks).

What do you guys think? Same person?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Disgusting to be sure, but not entirely surprising.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This just goes to show how cowardly the taliban are. Nuke them back to hell.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Like the Afghani spokesman said, "this is enemy propaganda", we have only one sides (the pro-American's side) as to what happened. What tactical advantage was it to the Taliban to force a 6-year old kid step on a mine? If they wanted it detonated they could have tossed a rock at it or dragged a goat over it. (Personally I think they would have salvaged it for the explosives). Michael Yon has been an embedded reporter with the military for like forever, hard to tell how much he writes is orchestrated by TPTB.

What I really can't figure out from the story is why would some lone Taliban pop up in a grape field and order a 6-year old to step on a mine. More than likely some kid stepped on a mine dropped by the US and this was the story they cooked up to get the kid proper medical attention.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
its from fox, more propaganda

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticUnderdog

So quick to judge.

Neither you, or me, actually know what happened. To form opinions based on something that could be a huge lie seems pretty unreasonable. Sounds like your own opinions are simply leading you to blindly follow what you're being told.

Who knows if this is true, I really don't believe anything either side says anymore, to be honest.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
IMHO It is not the same child.
edit on 26-7-2011 by MachiventaMelchizedek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
ok OP, so what are you going to do about it, or are you just planning to discuss it?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

So quick to judge.

Neither you, or me, actually know what happened. To form opinions based on something that could be a huge lie seems pretty unreasonable. Sounds like your own opinions are simply leading you to blindly follow what you're being told.

Who knows if this is true, I really don't believe anything either side says anymore, to be honest.

I hope your not defending these heartless bastards.
They would do the same to your child.
edit on 26-7-2011 by SkepticUnderdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

After reading the article and then looking at the picture...the first thing that came to y mind was "fabrication".

Im sorry but just look at that damn picture...look at that thing on his neck.

Come on...seriously?

PS: Fox News...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
ok OP, so what are you going to do about it, or are you just planning to discuss it?

Hmmm.. good question.. Might I suggest you go back and read the entire posts..

There is a reason I posted the photo from the news article and the video of the kid having his arm driven over. The aricle says the Taliban Commander said it was propoganda. The question is are the 2 boys the same person? If they are, then the article / claims would in fact be a lie.

If they arent the same person, then we should try to confirm the incident actually occured. From that point we could discuss how these people have hijacked Islam and why muslims are ok with just accepting the hijacking instead of doing something about it.

Whats your ideas?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Indeed....a lot of people will dismiss your post as the words of a "home grown terrorist" or a "taliban sympathizer".

Theres SO much propaganda nowadays, i would have to agree with you on every point 100%.

The americans have killed far more people than the taliban ever has.....but they are the terrorists for protecting their land, heritage and families from the aggressors (US army).

So many lies have been told by the US government.....this is just another lie to justify them being there and/or protect them for blowing up a kid.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

i see I kind of misinterpreted it.

You are right, there is no doubt that the taliban have hijacked islam and are destroying it, but they believe they're doing the right thing.

Please continue discussing it, i will follow and add anything if I can help with.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Never fails to amaze me. No matter how cruel these taliban are someone always comes to their defense. Smh.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Never fails to amaze me. No matter how cruel these taliban are someone always comes to their defense. Smh.

Prove they did it???? You cant......

You are only believing what you are spoon fed by the western media....and we know they are corrupt!

Im western....England....and i know bs when i see it.

Maybe the USA do a better job at conditioning you????

And anyways, its not coming to their defense.....its looking at it from ALL angles, not just taking the word of a single western source.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
wrong thread.. sorry lol

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I’ve met Michael Yon … you want to call him a liar, then do it to his face. Let me know when you do though, so I can be there with my camera.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
I am wondering if the kid above is the same kid in this video -

Here's a link to the original article:

www.michaelyon-online.com...

Michael Yon is a former green beret who is now a journalist who has been working out of Iraq and Afghanistan since '04. Per the original article, he interviewed the surgeons who performed the amputation and also the family of the boy himself. I'd say it's safe to say that it really did happen.

Originally posted by jazzguy
its from fox, more propaganda

No it's not. They reprinted the article. See above link for the source.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I am appauled at the number of posters claiming this to be a fake story? BTW, Fox isnt the only one running this story.

What does the media have to gain from running this story? People formed their opinions on this War on Terror years ago. There is no need at this point to try to convince people that the Taliban is bad.

Come on guys....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join