It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fingerprint analysis tech aims to revolutionize drug testing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Even I know that by handling paper money, I may get traces of coc aine or other substances on my fingers. How ridiculous to test for residue on fingerprints as a means to show drug use.

Sources:
Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

ETA: copy and paste the CNN article if you want to read it-- I've tried to link it 3 times and it keeps defaulting to some weird August 2009 page. This is what I am trying to link:

articles.cnn.com... aine.traces.money_1_coc aine-dollar-bills-paper-bills?_s=PM:HEALTH
edit on 7/26/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

Good point. Wasn't even thinking about this.

I can see "the man" not giving a ****.

So the market for synthetic press-on fingerprints should be getting pretty big soon if this is the case.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I hate technology sometimes!!! Hopefully this tech will be way to expensive to police to use, and by the time they can afford it hopefully marijuana will be legal

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here is the link to the manufacturer's website...Intelligent Fingerprinting

Really fascinating tech. Apparently it detects the metabolites of various substances not the substances themselves. So I am guessing the tech would not pick up coc aine on US currency. It can also detect these substances in fingerprints at crime scenes.

All of you mildly paranoid weed huffers prepare to enter a new realm of anxiety and fear

edit on 26-7-2011 by Leo Strauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The idea of this fingerprint test creates so many different emotions and thoughts for me that I have trouble getting a handle on any of it.

This is just so desperately not fu!&$ng cool.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Frater210 because: AHHHHHHHHH!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So they claim to have a drug testing procedure now that can actually tell if someone is affected! I can't see them getting rid of the old way of searching for what you do in your own time in a hurry - too much valuable information there.

How convenient that they need take fingerprint data to do this test!
At least I'll never be subjected to it. I'm a proud owner of a swag and I'm not afraid to use it.
edit on 26/7/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just recently I had to go to the DMV to get my license photo re-taken.
Not sure if it's in every state yet but the way DMV is set up now... they take a digital fingerprint every time you visit.
I was surprised when they told me to put my finger on the little credit card looking device. I actually laughed at the woman because I thought she was joking around.
I'm sure it's to validate who you are while doing business at the DMV but now your fingerprint is on file to do God knows what with!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
you can still drive while on pot, just look for the guy motoring along at 1/2 a mile an hour or the guy whos been parked for 4 hrs in reverse, with his shoulder slung over the passenger seat and foot on the brake.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I am really becoming uncomfortable with the lack of say we have in any of this as it builds up around us.
What is someone to do who doesn't want to conform to these obvious intrusions..

There is nothing worse and scarier then a technologically advanced totalitarian regime that thinks it's working for the better. We are in the right in our defense of freedom (holy crap i'm crazy now), but as each day passes and more and more people become attached to this system, it becomes more difficult to stop.
We have to stand up at some point...but I don't want war. terrible position we're in. so easy to be labeled this or that.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

You might want to pay attention to the people you vote for -- you know that party of small government and personal responsibility -- yeah about that. Look into who instigates these things generally the party of personal freedom is all about using the science to keep the citizens on the straight and narrow. -- drug laws, abortion laws, "patriot"act, "if your not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Remember the ACLU is not generally considered a right wing group - but also remember who is the first group to actually do something when the constitution is being shredded.

Go ahead prove me wrong.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

it doesnt even have to be your 1 mph over the limit. i got stopped last summer on my way home from work at like 2 am because that is when our shift was over and the reason i got was the light was out over the liscense plate. it was my dads truck so i just pulled a random registration and insurance card out to give to him. ( it was all legal i just didnt know where the most recent of either was at) and the officer let me go but he NEVER gave me back the registration or insurance card

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

A new technology that analyzes the sweat from a person's fingertips looks to revolutionize the drug testing market,

There is the obvious excuse with this tech,

I accidentally touched a drug dealer while fighting him off my fingers touched his tainted skin.

Oh ok, in that case, here is your job.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Great! I have just the finger for them to test, located between my index and ring finger. I'll even put it right up to their face so they can get the best view of results

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

My reply would be "You first"

Pot (NONADDICTIVE) has been drug through the dirt for decades and it used to be the leading exported crop. Forget that it can be used for over 300 textiles and would save money and development in several different ways, and forget the fact they altered the tests to show negative results by hooking monkeys up to inhale the smoke with NO oxygen. Of course that's going to kill brain cells on any living being.

Not to mention more people die because of lightning strikes and bumping their heads on doors then from smoking pot. There has not been one case EVER where someone died because of pot. Yet we have millions dying from tobacco, alcohol and caffeine (ALL ADDICTIVE) every year. The pros outweigh the cons astronomically, and our jails would be actually used for the REAL criminals. It's not the potheads breaking in and robbing people... it's the crackheads. An ADDICTIVE drug that was created in government labs around the country to control population and distributed by the mafia under government control.

Not too many street dealers are running around on yachts these days unless the boat is owned by the Bush family or one of their many entourage.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
they dont need this for me. i will just tell them im high and ask if they wanna hit also. working for myself and cant trust no dang comany anyway so this is a real non issue for me. unless they start arresting for usage.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Yeah I agree and pay attention to who you vote for but only because you need to look at who is contributing to their cause, because it's not theirs... it's the one footing the bill who is really in control. Most of the time they are also paying a hefty bill to the other side as well so they control things either way.

Money talks and as you can see BS walks all the time...

Your comment about "If you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about" is just how we got our rights ripped away from us. It is WAY past time to start worrying. When you get a chance take a political trip down memory lane and you can see where the plan was laid out and how it has consumed us all. Look how private industry and agencies have controlled our great nation. Who commissioned the NSA, CIA, FEMA, Homeland Security, Blackwater and the IRS? Wasn't congress that's for sure... and therefore not the American people of the United States. Open your eyes and get your head out of the sand.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join